Coldplay announce Australian Tour (1 Viewer)

biggles04

Banned
HSC
N/A
alayenay said:
Coldplay are pretty lame. They have potential (Parachutes was a good starting point) but they are complete and utter sellouts. They could make good music but they clearly are only interested in selling records. No respect.
Despite Coldplay's surge in popularity, the band has remained very protective of how their music is used in the media. The band allows their music to be used in film, television, and promotional spots such as the movie trailer to Peter Pan. However, Coldplay has been adamantly against their use in actual product endorsement. The band turned down multi-million dollar contracts from Gatorade, Diet Coke, and The Gap, who wanted to use the songs "Yellow", "Trouble", and "Don't Panic" respectively. According to Martin, "We wouldn't be able to live with ourselves if we sold the songs' meanings like that."
FUCKING PAWNED COCKFACE

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Fuck off dickheads.

Anyways, I got seat tickets to 2nd show in Sydney

alayenay

HSC
biggles04 said:
FUCKING PAWNED COCKFACE
You don't need product deals to be a sell out you idiot. I believe they have immense potential as musicians, you can tell that from their first album, yet they have gone on to produce lame, mediocre, 'crowd pleasing' music - presumably to sell more records. That's a real tragedy; that's selling out.

kate9032

Luke-warm Member
HSC
Oh yeh i FINALLY found two tickets to the second show in sydney. was a heck of an effort too! and personally...i love coldplay and think they will be fantastic live. :)

persephone

HSC
"Coldplay in Australia - Extra Dates Announced

If you didn't manage to get tickets to see Coldplay in Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne next year, then we can give you another chance...

Today we can announce that Coldplay will be playing THREE EXTRA SHOWS on the following dates:

24th June 2006: Entertainment Centre, Brisbane
28th June 2006: Entertainment Centre, Sydney
3rd July 2006: Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne"

Still don't know if I'm going to go...probably not... I didn't buy tickets to the first set of concerts they announced....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)