cold hands (1 Viewer)

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Hmm, japanese, I've seen a few good perform, but the majority of exceptional performers I see are either chinese or korean
Originally posted by tash

yeah they remind me of how crap i was when i was their age- when they were 8 playing concertos i was learning how to play some crappy 8 bar song that consisted of about 4 different notes
:p, oh well, professional performance in the classical music world is extremely competitive, most of those guys don't even make it for performance, the piano players get it tougher than the rest I think, since there is no way of joining an orchestra.

tash

lalalala
HSC
yeah. earlier this year i had some vague idea of becoming a professional pianist, and then i realised that compared to all the freaks out there i suck and wouldn't get anywhere, so that idea was scrapped...

I play guitar and sing, and the cold sucks the big one when it comes to playing guitar because of the pressure on da strings on da fret board. and we all know what singers sound like in the cold *sigh* so unfair, but musicians just play and deal with it.

tash

lalalala
HSC
woohoo!i had my exam on friday and got an A!!!i'm so over the moon about it cos i was hoping to just pass:) the aural wasn't too bad either. woohoo amus here i come!

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
congrats :D my little sister did her 6th grade piano yesterday, she got an A too... none of us were expecting that :p hehe

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
Originally posted by tash
her name's reomi mito

yeah they remind me of how crap i was when i was their age- when they were 8 playing concertos i was learning how to play some crappy 8 bar song that consisted of about 4 different notes
Heh, reomi learns from my piano teacher. Yeah, she's pretty amazing.

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
:) congrats on your A by the way tash. What are you thinking of by way of Amus pieces?

tash

lalalala
HSC
um well my teacher decided i should probably do cmus first and we only briefly talked about that cos i had to go over my hsc pieces so i really have no idea what i'm gonna play. shame about that, i was really looking forward to going on to amus

Last edited:

parko

RN in 2007
HSC
sorry to interrupt your lovely conversation on pieces (im scared now, you all sound so impressive!) but just a thought on the cold hands thing. my teacher told me two good ideas

1- gloves. wear them for a while before you warm up. but this can make your hands sweaty (aghhh slippery hands on the piano, noooo!!) so it doesnt always work.

2- run your hands under warm/hot water and dry them off. this one works for me. head straight to the piano after you've done it, works pretty well.

coldness- the curse of the musician.......

parko :D

tash

lalalala
HSC
yeah i love my gloves!i fully wear them everywhere in winter. i also started doing the hot water thing and i find that really good, but winter's over now so it's not as bad anymore. however, of all days for it to be cold AND raining happened to be the day of my hsc performance!and then it was sunny the day after- i was so anoyed at that. oh well, it's all over now

another thing: i'm doing amus not cmus now so it's all good:) i'm so far playing beethoven's sonata in g major (op 14 no 2 or somthing i think).it's really nice

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)