cold hands (1 Viewer)

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
lucky you, I really need to concentrate to practice my pieces, but I get some fun out of playing Schuberts Impromptus, not to hard to play, but quite difficult to play well. Schumann's Fantastuche (sp?) is also excellent. I really want to play one of Chopins Ballads, but they are a little above my level at the moment.

For some fun, try Rachmaninoff's Preludes, very nice set of pieces.

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
eh chopin.
Originally posted by enak
For some fun, try Rachmaninoff's Preludes, very nice set of pieces.
g minor and the one before it!
someone learn the piano concerto no.2! i saved up and bought the music just so i could play like.. 3 pages :p

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
try pischna. [spellcheck]

it's different from hanon and not [as] boring as scales and arpeggios O___o;;

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Toodulu
eh chopin.

g minor and the one before it!
someone learn the piano concerto no.2! i saved up and bought the music just so i could play like.. 3 pages :p
I've got the 2nd and 3rd :p, I tried the first mvt, so I did about 2 pages of that! The second mvt is easier, but still, its quite difficult. I haven't looked at the 3rd mvt yet. For the 3rd the 1st is ok until the fast part ;) second isn't so bad.

Ye I like the rach preludes, ive done 3 so far :p

I liked the cmin one, the one famous one that starts with heaps of big fat chords.

I wanna do the rach suite no1 with somebody, sounds really nice two piano.

Originally posted by bubz :D
try pischna. [spellcheck]

it's different from hanon and not [as] boring as scales and arpeggios O___o;;
Done that, do czerny studies or chopin etudes.

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
enak, you're sooooooooo cool!!
eh, i'm not too fond of the cmin one, a bit overrated in my opinion. the chord one is the gminor i think!

for rach2, i practised a bit of the first movement for ages (#4-7) so i can play about 2 minutes pretty well. :rolleyes:
i've got a 'rearranged' version of 3rd movement and it's ok, about 8th grade-ish and it takes out a lot of the good bits.

oh, what was your amus repertoire? are you going to play the same pieces when you do it again?

I get some fun out of playing Schuberts Impromptus
i've played the B flat one!

Ye, I didn't like that one, was that for 7th grade?

I failed my A.mus, I guess I didn't prepare enough :( like an hour a day :p, maybe i'll try again next year :)
hmm, i can't remember, but it was for an AMEB exam.
A.mus is really just about turning up confident on the day i reckon

Originally posted by tash
i also have a problem when using the soft pedal my left leg starts shaking
yea me too!

eh. ok, i'll stop posting now.

Last edited:

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Toodulu
enak, you're sooooooooo cool!!
eh, i'm not too fond of the cmin one, a bit overrated in my opinion. the chord one is the gminor i think!

for rach2, i practised a bit of the first movement for ages (#4-7) so i can play about 2 minutes pretty well. :rolleyes:
i've got a 'rearranged' version of 3rd movement and it's ok, about 8th grade-ish and it takes out a lot of the good bits.

oh, what was your amus repertoire? are you going to play the same pieces when you do it again?

i've played the B flat one!

hmm, i can't remember, but it was for an AMEB exam.
A.mus is really just about turning up confident on the day i reckon

yea me too!

eh. ok, i'll stop posting now.
I did bach partitia no2 1st mvt, chopin nocturne op9 no1, mozart sonta k280, and carl vine bagatelles. You can't do the same pieces again, part of regulations, also I would be a little bored :p.

Ye I wasn't confident on the day.

I've done no2/3/4 of Schuberts impromptus which were eflat, gflat, and aflat; I liked the one in gflat, its kinda like chopins etude op 25no1 where you have to accentuate the first note and the rest is just decoration.

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
oh yea sorry, yea, gflat, that's the one i played.. not bflat. ahaha sorry, it's been a while and i wasn't thinking, coz the melody starts on a bflat er.. yea. how embarassing. :p
yea, i liked that. it wasn't so much a practise piece, but something you can just sit down and play.. yea, it's nice.

oh, i played my bach again when i did the amus again though? hmm, maybe i wasn't supposed to, except don't they keep what you played on file? and i have heard that i wasn't meant to play the same pieces again from my old teacher, but when i went to my new teacher she said it was fine, so i don't know.
oh, and i've played that mozart. got sick of it after a while. after that i decided that i preferred beethoven :p

i played the
- bach prelude and fugue in d minor (bookII)
- mozart k280
- decembre, tchaikovsky
- vingts regards sur l'enfant-jesus, messiaen

and then the 2nd time i did same bach, beethoven, brahms and ravel. really recommend the ravel sonata, it was prob my favourite out of the repertoire. the brahms intermezzo no.2 was really.. intense emotionally? my teacher said that i could only play it better after i get my heart broken a few times, yea it was quite difficult to play it to its intensity. and my beethoven was only 2 movements. :p

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Ye I like that you can just sit down and play it, I don't really like practicing, I like playing :p.

haha, so you missed out the first time too. I feel better now (no offence) just that I haven't seen many ppl fail.

I switched teachers in between doing the amus, i did the tchaikovsky, that was nice, yes the bach prelude and fugue was ok, but I dont really like the fugue, preludes is good tho :p.

Ye I like the beethoven sonatas, too bad they took out a few good ones from the list, eg moonlight and waldstein. I might try the intermezzo.

I like emotional pieces, I generally play them better than 'not-emotional' pieces :p, probably chopin nocturne 16 is a good example of one.

I started piano late, so im a little behind :p, had to skip quite a few grades, but I bludge to much, so I reckon I could of passed if I did the required amount of work *sigh*

I might do the rach prelude for my next go, except I think they compare you to concert grade performances for well known pieces, which they probably know back to front, or I could do unknown pieces :D

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
yea i was really nervous the first time. i didn't really like my pieces from the first time. beethoven, i wanted to play the cminor (er, not sure if i have the key right, but it's the grave 1st mvt)
the prelude and fugue really grew on me... the intermezzo wasn't just emotional, like i'm ok with playing expressive pieces but it was really deep, like you get the sense he had some unresolved issues while he was writing it. it was very difficult to feel the depth of the intensity if that makes any sense.

both the brahms and ravel i played are really well known. if you can play them well then it's no biggie

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
I'll try and obtain a copy of the brahms, maybe after hsc :p, ill head down to zypher.

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
the brahms was quite easy technically so you could probably just learn it yourself. it's the 2nd out of 3 intermezzos btw.
when i got rach2 at zypher, i got an encouraging smile from the guy who probably thought i wouldn't be able to play it. :p
well he'd be right if he thought so. :uhoh:

oh btw, heaps of ppl fail amus, it's something ridiculous like only 60% pass. last time i had my exam on the same day as two friends and neither of them passed. but i was doing it for the 2nd time. you'll be more confident when you do it again. it's more like a performance than an exam.

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Hmmm, I guess that's ok, but I still failed, not used to failing :p.

I get really scared when I see like 12 year olds playing concertos in public :(

tash

lalalala
HSC
oh god you're freaking me out now! hmm i wanna do amus next year, but you don't have to do aural in it do you? what about sightreading and that memorising thing, are they still included?

I get really scared when I see like 12 year olds playing concertos in public :(
yeah they freak me out too- there's a girl in yr 10 at our school who's doing her lmus at the moment and she went last year to italy for some big piano competition and got 2nd in the 19 and under section (she was 14 or 15 at the time). she's really cool though

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by tash
oh god you're freaking me out now! hmm i wanna do amus next year, but you don't have to do aural in it do you? what about sightreading and that memorising thing, are they still included?

yeah they freak me out too- there's a girl in yr 10 at our school who's doing her lmus at the moment and she went last year to italy for some big piano competition and got 2nd in the 19 and under section (she was 14 or 15 at the time). she's really cool though
There's no sightreading or aural tests, just performance and general knowledge.

Shit, she must be good, ahhh, the guys that get lessons at the con are freaks!!!

tash

lalalala
HSC
oh that's so good i hate aural so much!

yeah she's really really good. haha my mum once mentioned to me earlier this year about going to the con next year (she doesn't know much about music) and i was like 'er i don't think i'd nearly get in there the people there are super freaky!' so that was the end of that thought for her.

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Heh, I walked past a little kid playing some of tchaikovsky's piano concerto #1 on the way to my A.mus, boy was I scared :p :(

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
the con's not that scary.. it's a bit late now, but there's a saturday access centre program there and you meet the teachers and other students. after a while the con doesn't seem so intimidating.

i would've preferred to have aural, i have perfect pitch and i like sightreading.. hmm, i reckon my chances at passing would've been greater if i had aural..

and yea, i once saw this little boy (about 5?) who could play like a 4th/5th grade sonata on the piano and he also had this tiny violin. kinda cute, but kinda freaky.

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Ye, tash, whats her name?

Little kids that play good music scare me, makes me think how bad I am :(

tash

lalalala
HSC
Ye, tash, whats her name?

Little kids that play good music scare me, makes me think how bad I am :(

her name's reomi mito

yeah they remind me of how crap i was when i was their age- when they were 8 playing concertos i was learning how to play some crappy 8 bar song that consisted of about 4 different notes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)