Cold Case -or- Monk (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Anyone watch either of those?.. any recommendations?

Finished watching the latest series of Monk a lil' while ago (DL'd it so I wouldn't get distracted during HSC) but now I'm really into Cold Case >_>

P

pLuvia

In my opinion Cold Case is much better than monk, monk is just crap :p

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Hmmm.... I never watched Monk but I recently started, the newer season with the new girl is more enjoyable. The shows storyline isnt that great as most of the crimes are solved by 'last-minute evidence', where everything in the end ties up together. It is funny but limited.

Cold case is different. It isn't comedy based but both shows are good.

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
theyre both great but cold case is something else. Monk is a cable show in the us, you dont see it of FTA so it's pretty impressive as far as im concerned. The budget difference between the two shows is staggering.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Cold Case seems really serious... I only started watching it recently and wow.. it really draws me in. Monk... I just like it how he's such an oddball yet always manages to win in the end- it's sorta satisfying to see the cocky person is usually the one who did it (not always though)... and ends up getting caught by Monk.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
I havent seen Cold Case (mmmmm beeeer)

but i like monk...

" lobby lobby lobby lobby lobby lobby lobby lobby lobby lobby"

"pressing the button more isnt goin to make it come faster adrian"

"............lobby lobby lobby lobby lobby lobby lobby lobby lobby lobby lobby lobby lobby lobby lobby lobby lobby lobby lobby lobby lobby lobby lobby lobby lobby lobby lobby lobby lobby lobby lobby lobby lobby lobby lobby lobby"

a21414

HSC
oh come on, theyre both great.

season 2 of cold case had all the really dark kind of cases. the ones with psychopaths in them, like that guy who hunted girls in the woods. the season finale was pretty damn freaky.

monk just has that thing that some other shows dont have, uniqueness. its just so great..

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Are there any other good mystery/detective shows? I tried to watch umm... Law and Order: Criminal Intent... but that wasn't really what I found interesting.

Any of you guys ever read those Encyclopaedia Brown books?.. (a bit off topic)

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
yeah monk with the new chick is pretty good. i didnt like the old one at all.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeh it's good she's a bit more pushy..

Did they ever really give any reason as to why Sherona left? I remember watching it and then suddenly.. she was gone o_O

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
seremify007 said:
Yeh it's good she's a bit more pushy..

Did they ever really give any reason as to why Sherona left? I remember watching it and then suddenly.. she was gone o_O
I liked Sharona! She was cool.

They gave a shockingly crap reason - Sharona left to go back to New Jersey. In two seconds of the first episode with Natalie Teeger, they killed Sharona off.

Napoleon

HSC
The Closer is pretty good, because she is good >.<

but Cold Case is the kill for me, it's the best love Morris
+ it's by J Bruckheimer ><

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
seremify007 said:
I like Lieutenant Disher.. poor guy got rejected by Sherona :(
Haha, Randy's the bomb! :p

Remember that episode when he said he had a girlfriend called Crystal, and he told Sharona when he was standing in front of a box of crystalware. Then he showed her a photo which is the photo that came with his wallet - he said she was a "wallet model". And each time they were going to meet her something happens and she doesn't turn up. :p So they didn't end up believing him, and he was pointing to a taxi outside going "Guys! Look! She's in the taxi!". Nobody looks because nobody believes him but then you see the girl waving to him going "Bye Randy! I miss you already!" and blowing him kisses. :p

Jiga

Monk is a disgrace, I cant stand the crap. Whenever I flick through the channels and see it, I feel sick :rolleyes:. One time I tried to watch it for 5 minutes, lets just say Id prefer to study instead of watching that crap - such is the effect of monk. The whole concept behind the series is ridiculousy unrealistic and any attempts at humour are lame.

Cold case on the other hand is a real winner, Ive been watching it ever since it came out.

It depends on what you really want though to be honest, if you want an unrealistic, melodramatic, and unfunny (is that a word) program than monk is the way to go. If you want something that is interesting, intellectually challenging, and something that immerses you in the story, than Cold Case is the way.

Regards,
Director of Cold Case

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
Monk is a disgrace, I cant stand the crap. Whenever I flick through the channels and see it, I feel sick :rolleyes:. One time I tried to watch it for 5 minutes, lets just say Id prefer to study instead of watching that crap - such is the effect of monk. The whole concept behind the series is ridiculousy unrealistic and any attempts at humour are lame.

Cold case on the other hand is a real winner, Ive been watching it ever since it came out.

It depends on what you really want though to be honest, if you want an unrealistic, melodramatic, and unfunny (is that a word) program than monk is the way to go. If you want something that is interesting, intellectually challenging, and something that immerses you in the story, than Cold Case is the way.

Regards,
Director of Cold Case
If you were as intelligent, interesting and tasteful as you claim to be, you'd be watching House. :rolleyes:

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Or maybe your just watching House so people would percieve you as being intelligent, interesting ans tasteful. :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)