Co-op Program Interviews!!! Who received one and for what? (1 Viewer)

jlee

HSC
i went to the BIT interview and when i arrived at around 1:30pm till 3ish there were already like 15 BIT ppl waiting for interviews and rememebr there was a morning session where there would be more ppl. and the open day on mon had like around 60ppl. so its like a 1in 4 chance not 15/16 i wish!

my interview was 2pm and i talked to another person whos int was at 2 pm as well, so there must be simultaneous interviews and so more than jst 16 ppl apliying for BIT/ ISM.

the int was ok, nothing unexpected :)

btw, everyone looked good in suits and prof attire, like the day b4 we all looked so young :d

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
jlee said:
i went to the BIT interview and when i arrived at around 1:30pm till 3ish there were already like 15 BIT ppl waiting for interviews and rememebr there was a morning session where there would be more ppl. and the open day on mon had like around 60ppl. so its like a 1in 4 chance not 15/16 i wish!

my interview was 2pm and i talked to another person whos int was at 2 pm as well, so there must be simultaneous interviews and so more than jst 16 ppl apliying for BIT/ ISM.

the int was ok, nothing unexpected :)

btw, everyone looked good in suits and prof attire, like the day b4 we all looked so young :d
Did you go into that room with the horse-shoe table in the middle? I think that room was for BIT/ISM together. I'm curious as to where PiGMAN got the 16 figure from for BIT - the Finance guys actually gave us a figure of 41 interviews. being conducted.

PiGMAN

HSC
i talked to one of the cse profs before my comp sci interview, he said there was a big hooo-ha about 15 scholarships from 16 interviews in BIT, and that they were complaining that they r gonna get shit quality this year

stryder_au

[ - єsçãpè - ]
HSC
If the candidates don't match the requirements of the co-op program, then they aren't given the scholarship! Not necessarily every scholarship will be taken up. I heard that last year there were 20-something scholarships for BIT, but only 16-17 were selected?

Last edited:

sunny

meh.
HSC
Yep thats true. There were two comp sci spots at the beginning of this year, and two people applied. One person got one and the other position is still empty.

stryder_au

[ - єsçãpè - ]
HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
Did you go to the ISM lecture on Monday? I'm just curious to know how many interviews were conducted in ISM alone.
Okay I can't remember if I saw this on the slides on Monday, or from somebody telling me, but I think there were about 60-70 interviews for BIT and about 20 interviews for ISM.

jlee

HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
Did you go into that room with the horse-shoe table in the middle? I think that room was for BIT/ISM together. I'm curious as to where PiGMAN got the 16 figure from for BIT - the Finance guys actually gave us a figure of 41 interviews. being conducted.
yea i went into the room that was kinda light brown/tan colour and it looked like two horse shoes put together, behind me was the white board, and there were large red seats :)

jlee

HSC
theres 283 interviews altogether and 57 places for for all accounting/actuarial/finance/marketing and BIT/ISM.

in BIT theres 16 places offered this yr and 6 for ISM
probably around 60 interviews for BIT/ISM altogether, so 1 in 4 chance :p

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
are the offers revealed this friday (the 9th)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
One day to go...

Funnily enough, I'm not sure If I'll accept anymore. :(

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
CrashOveride said:
Not knowing your actual UAI, they will offer you a place ?
who says they dont know?

however the UTS mails said "you are accepted but must get over xx uai" like a uai which they determine for you to be accepted. So even if they dont know our marks they can set such a criteria based on ur interview

Last edited:

uraleech

HSC
results are out now!

results are out now! i got a conditional offer for actuarial studies :D

stryder_au

[ - єsçãpè - ]
HSC
congrats uraleech!

i got shortlisted for ISM! >_< it's gonna be a long wait til december 22...

lilkatie

Yeah I got 3 conditional offers...stoked
How much are the coop scholarships worth cos i just sorta applied for the hell of it and now i need to find out about them whoops!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)