Co-op Program Interviews!!! Who received one and for what? (1 Viewer)

richz

nope, i didnt :(

did u?

Last edited by a moderator:

lucifel

narcissitic angel
HSC
i got one, for acturial, that was the only thing i bothered to put down. Unlikely to get a scholarship though. I am surprised i got an interview.

stryder_au

[ - єsçãpè - ]
HSC
ISM for me! any other ISM ppl out there? I wonder how many interviews were given out this year...

richz

hmm.... how many do they give for commerce? i only applied for engineering

ando_88

HSC
I got an interview for finance and actuarial studies :)... very happy

HSC
I got an interview for actuarial studies, pretty happy about that. ALthough did any get screwed up by the internet site? It originally said I didn't get one, and then they rang and told me I did, pretty dicey.

On another note, my interview is at 3pm, the problem is I am going on a schoolies cruise and final boarding is at 3pm at circular quay, so I'd probably need an interview time of before 2pm. I rang the co-op office and they said they'll see what they can do but they rely on other ppl in actuarial studies who want to change interviews, so there is a space free for me. If someone wishes to go for a later interview at 3pm in actuarial studies pls ring the office and let them know so I can get an earlier interview. What annoys me is a few months back I realised that interviews were when schoolies leaves, and when I asked a co-op liaison she told me they'd just give me a morning one, as if it were that simple. Anyways, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
aww i wanted one for actuarials but i put that as my last preference :(

i got my first 2: BIT, Comp Science

makes me wonder why i picked those first..

and WTF interviews are in my schoolies week..

Im only gonna fly back for 1 and fuck off the other one (comp science would be gay i rekon)

sunny

meh.
HSC
haboozin said:
Im only gonna fly back for 1 and fuck off the other one (comp science would be gay i rekon)
Try and tell me the same thing after you've done one year of BIT.

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
sunny said:
Try and tell me the same thing after you've done one year of BIT.

really?
so computer science is better?

but who employs programmers these days... its all like super out sourced, you'll have a job for 2 months and unemplayed for 3.

this was my preference:
1. BIT
2. Comp Sc
3. Mech Eng
4. Actuarial

i would probaby pick the reverse order if i did it today...

btw. did u get the CO-OP for comp sc.

serge

HSC
stryder_au said:
ISM for me! any other ISM ppl out there? I wonder how many interviews were given out this year...
i got an ISM aswell

sunny

meh.
HSC
haboozin said:
so computer science is better?
I certainly think so without a doubt. If you are interested in the technical side of computing, you won't get anything interesting from BIT. BIT is Business Info Tech. BIT is not even run by CSE, but by Info Sys - the content they teach is at a more abstracted and business level. For example, in BIT they might teach you about networks and how it applies in business models and what networks to use under what different user requirements - but you'd never actually get into the technical details on how the network actually functions.

It all depends on what really interests you. But don't let the UAI cut off for regular comp sci fool you.

haboozin said:
btw. did u get the CO-OP for comp sc.
Yep....anti is on comp sci coop too.

richz

hey guys,

im wandering wat extra-cirricular activities did u do, cuz im pretty disappointed i didnt get one.

I did DEAS (nearly finished silver), also i do cadets, did a number of community activites ie clean up australia day, and tree day.

[]-[]u/\/\ph3ry

extra- cirricular

xrtzx said:
hey guys,

im wandering wat extra-cirricular activities did u do, cuz im pretty disappointed i didnt get one.

I did DEAS (nearly finished silver), also i do cadets, did a number of community activites ie clean up australia day, and tree day.

I didnt answer one question, and i think it was that or either the one regarding the most important thing that has happened to you outside of school and how you overcame it. i didnt put any extra cirricular activites...but i still got an interview. =D. So i assume there was other major factors involved. and my application was lost in mail, so i had to fax them all the necessary reports and references, which was a pain and a panic - Hope it pays off

My interview is for Photovoltaics/Solar Energy

I'm excited

Good luck to everyone!

richz

lol, nice good on ya :), hmm... maybe i shouldnt have put my trial marks on the sheet, our director of studies told me to put my report marks, but i couldnt be fucked. maybe.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)