Co-op Program Interviews!!! Who received one and for what? (1 Viewer)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
andrew_t said:
I didnt answer one question, and i think it was that or either the one regarding the most important thing that has happened to you outside of school and how you overcame it. i didnt put any extra cirricular activites...but i still got an interview. =D. So i assume there was other major factors involved. and my application was lost in mail, so i had to fax them all the necessary reports and references, which was a pain and a panic - Hope it pays off

My interview is for Photovoltaics/Solar Energy

I'm excited

Good luck to everyone!
Hmm. Good luck, my competitor!

I got an interview for:

Co-op: Photovoltaics
Rural: Electrical Engineering

Which is really only one interview, since they are from the same "school" (not true, actually, but they are for interview purposes).

HSC
There are no actuarial studies candidates who can help me out? I realise that I am competition so why not get rid of me but I'd probably still do the interview, I'd just spend $500 on a plane ticket and board my cruise at New Caledonia four days later anyway.

[]-[]u/\/\ph3ry

Photovoltaics

I wonder how many others applicatnts progressed to the interview process for Photovoltaics. Its such a niche course

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
xrtzx said:
hey guys,

im wandering wat extra-cirricular activities did u do, cuz im pretty disappointed i didnt get one.

I did DEAS (nearly finished silver), also i do cadets, did a number of community activites ie clean up australia day, and tree day.
nothing..

just accedemic achievements (like Math Comp/ Computer Comp / Science Comp)

oh i said i work at coles haha.

HSC
I play a lot of music for the school at mass and in bands and the school band and stuff and a bit of debating. None of the formal Duke of Ed stuff. I don't actually play any sports either so I don't know what they were looking for. Maybe it might have been that I was a winner in the UNSW economics competition, but they say academics isn't much to them.

spindivision

HSC
andrew_t said:
I wonder how many others applicatnts progressed to the interview process for Photovoltaics. Its such a niche course
that would certainly be an interesting course :)

However I got an interview for Actuarial Studies, as it was my first preference.

And nah sorry "underthebridge", I won't be able to swap my morning interview, I'll need to be back in Melbourne by 3pm :cool:

richz

o darn........... i gues it was the marks i filled in, the director of studies even warned me i was selling myself short, fuck fuck. Our school makes us do sport, everything, so i was involved in heaps of extra cirricular activies.

skyrockets1530

Member++
HSC
haboozin said:
really?
so computer science is better?

but who employs programmers these days... its all like super out sourced, you'll have a job for 2 months and unemplayed for 3.

this was my preference:
1. BIT
2. Comp Sc
3. Mech Eng
4. Actuarial

i would probaby pick the reverse order if i did it today...

btw. did u get the CO-OP for comp sc.
I got em for BIT and CompSci

How many do they give out? cause theres only a few interview days and over 660 applicants

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
playboy2njoy said:
They're different. When it comes to IT, there is no opposition than UTS. But when it comes to COMPUTER ENGINEERING/PROGRAMMING, there is no opposition than UNSW. IT at UTS focuses on the Business Side of Systems management and 'Informations Systems', while Computing at UTS is more mathematical/computer oriented. I do have the BIT as first pref, but coherantly have the computing unsw courses in there too.

what about sydney...
massive uai ... IT and Computer Science aswell..

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
andrew_t said:
About 20-30 or so people do PV each year. I'd say at most 10 of those would be eligible for a Co-op scholarship and actually bothered to send a form in.

But it's probably more like 5. And considering there are two sponsors for PV, there's a good chance that anybody who gets an interview (and does reasonably well at it) will get the scholarship, don't you think?

lilkatie

Yew I got an interview for industrial chem and mining engineering
haha only i don't think im going to go to teh interviews, come to think of it i don't know why teh hell i applied!!

serge

HSC
*Katie* said:
Yew I got an interview for industrial chem and mining engineering
haha only i don't think im going to go to teh interviews, come to think of it i don't know why teh hell i applied!!
lol

dont like the subjects?
or just dont like UNSW?

skyrockets1530

Member++
HSC
Can anyone who has been through the interviews and open days for this in previous years approximate how many people were there? just so we can get an estimate of how many people did/didnt get an interview.
Thanks

_Mave_

HSC
I got a rural one for civil engineering (did not apply for regular co-op, ran out of time and forgot about it :() Well looks like I am heading to Sydney for an interview.... I hope all your interviews go well

serge

HSC
skyrockets1530 said:
Can anyone who has been through the interviews and open days for this in previous years approximate how many people were there? just so we can get an estimate of how many people did/didnt get an interview.
Thanks
660 applied this year, just look at the photos of last year
in the application form, count every scholar and you'll
have the number that gets in each year

Simpson Freak

HSC
i got an invite to acturial studies, exactly how many of the people who get an interview actually get offered a scholarship.

like theres only one interview day for actuarial studies, and there wouldn't be more than 48 interviews that day, assuming the interviewed people every half hour from 9am to 9pm, which is an impossibility.

i just want to know wat percentage of those offered an interview actually get a scholarship, because it would be an awful tease to go to the Open Day the day before...learn where everything thing is and who does what and then be told ur not going to get one.

hey maybe its just a formality to make sure the invites didn't go to the insane....here's wishful thinking at its climax.....either way i'm dead.

serge

HSC
Ive heard HEAPS of people are given interviews...
but then again only 660 applied? and there are
heaps of sponsor companies?
I dont know

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)