• No it doesn't

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • who really cares

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

pman

Banned
HSC
Of course, a scientific consensus does not prove anything. But the established consensus for anthropogenic global warming is supported by pretty much all of the worlds most credible and reliable scientific institutions, this is enough assurance for me to at least be sure that this is no scam or publicity stunt. At the very least this should mean that you look at the evidence in a few more layers of detail and try to break the barrier of confirmation bias.
you can believe what you believe, most professional scientists I've talked to don't agree with global warming.

Natural equilibrium systems work steadily, excess CO2 cannot just simply be absorbed by oceans indefinitely. A drop in pH levels due to anthropogenic CO2 has already been established as factual, and we are beggining to observe some effects of it.
Below is the surface level pH drop between 1700s and the 1990s.
the is no comparison given, you have one image showing oh's, you need two

whoops, just saw the delta and the double negative, the graph actually depicts a slight increase in pH

Flooding and severe thunderstorms and hurricanes in other areas.
This is to be expected, the climate changes by itself anyway

mirakon

nigga
HSC
'Most professional scientists I've talked to don't believe global warming'

Yeah, and you my good sir, have obviously talked to the vast majority of the scientific population of the world, hence your incredibly accurate judgement.

pman

Banned
HSC
'Most professional scientists I've talked to don't believe global warming'

Yeah, and you my good sir, have obviously talked to the vast majority of the scientific population of the world, hence your incredibly accurate judgement.
I by no means pretend to have talked to all scientists or even all climate change scientists but i have talked to a fair few. only the high school teachers seem to believe in it. the guys who'd been doing some neutron analysis of ice cores to check for carbon dioxide levels at ANSTO don't believe in global warming

postnatal

Banned
HSC
N/A
pretty much all my professors in the school of geosciences developing their own data believe in global warming

pman

Banned
HSC
pretty much all my professors in the school of geosciences developing their own data believe in global warming
I haven't talked to your professors, anyway, the question is not whether or not the scientific community think it exists (and they are divided on this anyway) but whether it actually does

pman

Banned
HSC
No that negaive is a flat line indicating no units.
so it is, still, most just wouldn't place any units at all......my q is who knows exactly what the pH was 200 years ago, would it have been recorded accurately, who by and for what reason

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
so it is, still, most just wouldn't place any units at all......my q is who knows exactly what the pH was 200 years ago, would it have been recorded accurately, who by and for what reason
Yeah, 'cause the theory of pH was around 200 years ago. Obviously the scientists have their ways, and it's probably not for the plebs but for the academic field to disregard their methods if they're unreliable.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
reminds me of the time ppl were scared of the LHC creating a black holes.

zomg da scitntizt dno abt safty

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
Are we allowed to take down all the names of staunch man made climate-change deniers, and line them up and shoot them if they're wrong? Are climate-change deniers willing to stake their lives on their beliefs? Because that's what they're doing with the lives of many others.

runoutofsleep

AUTISM IS NOT HOLLAND
HSC
I haven't talked to your professors, anyway, the question is not whether or not the scientific community think it exists (and they are divided on this anyway) but whether it actually does
hello pman
  • scientists are not divided in any significant way
  • you are not a climate scientist

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
no they aren't divided on this. The IPCC says:
"Warming of the climate system is unequivocal, as is now evident from observations of increases in global average air and ocean temperatures, widespread melting of snow and ice and rising global average sea level.....There is very high confidence that the net effect of human activities since 1750 has been one of warming."

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
no they aren't divided on this. The IPCC says:
"Warming of the climate system is unequivocal, as is now evident from observations of increases in global average air and ocean temperatures, widespread melting of snow and ice and rising global average sea level.....There is very high confidence that the net effect of human activities since 1750 has been one of warming."
dude but professor x of the xmen says diff ok

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
geological evidence, coral growth and decline, sediment analysis. They aren't relying on 1700s measurements you fucktard. Seriously, quit talking about anything science related you have been wrong about everything you have talked about so far.

Fish Tank

That guy
HSC
My two cents...

No use denying that an increase in the level of greenhouse gases will have no impact on the Earth, that's just silly. Pumping carbon out of the ground, burning it and chopping down trees will have an impact on the carbon cycle, doesn't really matter how small/large because no matter what something will happen in response to the change.

It'll be scientists, not politicians or environmentalists, that save the world.

pman

Banned
HSC
Ok, so they prob have an adverse effect...there is still no definite proof, that is my point...yes the IPCC says its real, there are still scientists that say it isn't real. It's also nice to know that i don't understand anything about science and that I've been wrong about everything....I don't think I have...you guys don't seem to know the definition of theory (but thats another discussion) and take all theories as established fact, something they definitely ARE NOT.

rororow

HSC
Climate change exists. But where one part of the world is warming, another is cooling. It's all a beautiful equilibrium, let's stop tampering with it with our god awful cars and factories and the like, and for god sakes do not listen to AL GORE. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

pman

Banned
HSC
Climate change exists. But where one part of the world is warming, another is cooling. It's all a beautiful equilibrium, let's stop tampering with it with our god awful cars and factories and the like, and for god sakes do not listen to AL GORE. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
you know, she has a valid point, don't listen to Al Gore, he's made millions off it and of course he's going to claim its real.....this is probably he true base of my disbelief, i think its just a commercial beat up to make money, and the fact that 30 years ago, all the climate papers were on global cooling!!! call me a cynic but i have to see it to believe it in this situation.

Fish Tank

That guy
HSC
You were going so well until the bold bit...

I like using a car to get to whitewater kayaking each weekend, because where I live is about as far away from anything half useful as Pluto is from the Sun. Factories give me useful products which I can use to improve my quality of life, so I don't have to sit in a tree all day eating mud and contracting tetanus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)