• No it doesn't

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • who really cares

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
Is climate change occurring? Absolutely.

Is it entirely mans fault? Nope.

Our climate fluctuates - a LOT, not just locally, but it changes dramatically a lot too. Sure, pumping carbon dioxide into the air isn't good, I prefer just oxygen thankyou, but we haven't caused this catostrophic effect that the media rages on about. I'm all for reducing carbon emissions, it's not good what we're doing, but I don't think it has that big of an effect.

Last edited:

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
baahahahahahahahahaha

"proud Christian" -----> "still Christian"

pman

Banned
HSC
well, I'm still proud of it, I'm just telling the others that i'm still Christian, despite scorch's attempts to convert me

Ritard_

Banned
HSC
what is wrong with anything we are doing in regards to climate change currently
except for ETS which is obviously fucking retarded

what is wrong with encouraging people to reduce emissions anyway

pman

Banned
HSC
what is wrong with anything we are doing in regards to climate change currently
except for ETS which is obviously fucking retarded

what is wrong with encouraging people to reduce emissions anyway
nothing is wrong with encouraging people to reduce emissions, its doing so by lying that gets to me. Tell the truth, admit that sea levels most likely won't rise substantially, the sea ice will melt first having absolutely no impact, admit that we live in one of the few era's with a stable climate the planet has ever seen and its change is normal, admit that earth hour actually does nothing except raise awareness.

Try and encourage people to cut down on emissions by telling them doing so will save them money.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Australia has such an outdated view against nucleur energy. The only real reason the government doesn't put it in is because of the NIMBY effect it produces. Otherwise, imo, most practical form of energy production.

Addressing the original question, of course man-induced climate change exists, there is too much evidence supporting it. The only true debate is to what extent. It's not a question of 'if' it's a question of 'how much'.

pman

Banned
HSC
no Shane, i'm telling you what science is actually trying to tell you, If sea ice melts, what happens to sea levels? absolutely nothing, the has the same displacement as a similar amount of water...if ice were heavier than water, completely different story.

with earth hour, they don't turn the generators down, not enough time to wind them up again

The stable climate thing is well established fact

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
pman you know nothing about anything apparently. Antarctica is a landmass, if the icepack on top of it melt, and if glaciers that are on land melt, sea levels rise.

badquinton304

HSC
Tell the truth, admit that sea levels most likely won't rise substantially, the sea ice will melt first having absolutely no impact, admit that we live in one of the few era's with a stable climate the planet has ever seen and its change is normal
Nobel prize winner.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
pman you know nothing about anything apparently. Antarctica is a landmass, if the icepack on top of it melt, and if glaciers that are on land melt, sea levels rise.
lol. I can't believe this has to be explained to him.

postnatal

Banned
HSC
N/A
nothing is wrong with encouraging people to reduce emissions, its doing so by lying that gets to me. Tell the truth, admit that sea levels most likely won't rise substantially, the sea ice will melt first having absolutely no impact, admit that we live in one of the few era's with a stable climate the planet has ever seen and its change is normal, admit that earth hour actually does nothing except raise awareness.

Try and encourage people to cut down on emissions by telling them doing so will save them money.
changes to the ocean affect all climates. as more ice melts this means there will be more cold water changing ocean patterns, and a majority of polar ice caps is fresh water, this will decrease salinity and the weight of water. all gyres are interconnected, ENSYO etc.

pman

Banned
HSC
I am perfectly aware of this fact, the ting is, temperatures will have to rise quite substantially (something in the order of 15 degrees i believe) before you melt the antarctic land ice...I think if you read my post I said that the sea ice would melt first....I'm having a go at those south pacific nations that claim they are visibly sinking and quite clearly aren't.

In fact, the small portion of the northern hemisphere that is land ice will probably melt before the southern hemisphere.

and to quote the the rational wiki link "a consensus itself proves nothing"

the acidification of the oceans is a load of junk, the limestone will just desolve thereby neutralizing the incoming acidity, as already mentioned in this thread....the bit about Greenland is true but exceedingly unlikely.

Disturbed rainfall patterns, well, the Sahara was an ocean or a rainforest or something like that from memory.

Last edited:

badquinton304

HSC
and to quote the the rational wiki link "a consensus itself proves nothing"
Of course, a scientific consensus does not prove anything. But the established consensus for anthropogenic global warming is supported by pretty much all of the worlds most credible and reliable scientific institutions, this is enough assurance for me to at least be sure that this is no scam or publicity stunt. At the very least this should mean that you look at the evidence in a few more layers of detail and try to break the barrier of confirmation bias.

the acidification of the oceans is a load of junk, the limestone will just desolve thereby neutralizing the incoming acidity, as already mentioned in this thread....the bit about Greenland is true but exceedingly unlikely.
Natural equilibrium systems work steadily, excess CO2 cannot just simply be absorbed by oceans indefinitely. A drop in pH levels due to anthropogenic CO2 has already been established as factual, and we are beggining to observe some effects of it.
Below is the surface level pH drop between 1700s and the 1990s.

Disturbed rainfall patterns, well, the Sahara was an ocean or a rainforest or something like that from memory.
Flooding and severe thunderstorms and hurricanes in other areas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)