• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Class of 2025 (2025 HSC CHAT) (2 Viewers)

Average Boreduser

Rising Renewal
HSC
You’re calling your teacher mf? Ok
If your teacher threatened with a fail they prob just want you to actually pretend to care about the subject idk?
They prob won’t actually fail you cuz they could have some implications (idk)
Trust me I never talk like about my teachers unless he seriously has a problem. I'm talking one day on an excursion, the dude neglected to get us all a ride home so we had to call our parents to pick us up. Some students did have any way getting home so we had to drop them off too (which is cool and all like its not a huge hassle) but this dude fr forgot to order a bus to school 💀. Then I had an assessment with visual studio. Mac doesnt support visual code so I had nothing. He said he'd provide me with a desktop at school. Outdated programs. He says he'll update them soon. 3 weeks go by, assessment is due in 2 days and I haven't even started. He finally gets them updated, and I couldnt do much with the little time i had. Then once I absolutely botched that exam, he emails my parents about my 'performance'- 💀. Liar even claimed hes been 'supporting' me. I cant w this teacher. I've literally argued with him too, bc he's honestly the most unqualified, unproffessional teacher to exist.

fyi this is a rugby coach who sits on his computer babysiting us. Hes never once touched the board;.

WeiWeiMan

HSC
Trust me I never talk like about my teachers unless he seriously has a problem. I'm talking one day on an excursion, the dude neglected to get us all a ride home so we had to call our parents to pick us up. Some students did have any way getting home so we had to drop them off too (which is cool and all like its not a huge hassle) but this dude fr forgot to order a bus to school 💀. Then I had an assessment with visual studio. Mac doesnt support visual code so I had nothing. He said he'd provide me with a desktop at school. Outdated programs. He says he'll update them soon. 3 weeks go by, assessment is due in 2 days and I haven't even started. He finally gets them updated, and I couldnt do much with the little time i had. Then once I absolutely botched that exam, he emails my parents about my 'performance'- 💀. Liar even claimed hes been 'supporting' me. I cant w this teacher. I've literally argued with him too, bc he's honestly the most unqualified, unproffessional teacher to exist.
aye mac supports vs code it just doesn't support visual studio but you can get around that if you have an intel chip and use bootcamp

sounds sad tho
do you have him for yr11/12?

Average Boreduser

Rising Renewal
HSC
aye mac supports vs code it just doesn't support visual studio but you can get around that if you have an intel chip and use bootcamp

sounds sad tho
do you have him for yr11/12?
although tbf from the experience I had, ik damn well im not doing anything related to ist in my hscs.

lolcti

HSC
N/A
Dam nice

ELECTIVES ARE ON ROSA?
It doesn’t even matter though
For some reason my yr9 electives are on there and not yr10, makes sense why I did so bad… it’s so dumb.

C_master

HSC
Why does for all the other subjects have grades but for maths mine says 'A10' what does that mean??? - On student online

Susu123

HSC
Why does for all the other subjects have grades but for maths mine says 'A10' what does that mean???
math has like some weird type of grading system. if u get a high A, then its A10. if u get a low A, then u get A9. then high B is b8, low b is b7, etc. so good job! u got high A

carrotsss

HSC
Hey, everyone :).
I‘m scared for maths ext 1 next year. If anyone has completed prelim, is it hard 😅?
FYI, I was in 5.3 maths this year but I failed two of the assessments and barely scraped by in passing the course overall.😬 (I ended up with B7 on my RoSA, which I’m pretty sure is kinda bad if you’re in 5.3).
I tried really hard in my study towards the assessments but during assessments my mind shuts off and I forget EVERYTHING istg.
Does anyone have any tips on how to combat test anxiety, along with addressing careless errors.

Sidenote, I am aiming for a 99+ ATAR and getting into med school to become a GP (I know it’s very ambitious and very unachievable) along with getting all - rounder in HSC. I am willing to put the work into achieving this. My family is not in the financial position to afford tutoring so I will need to work hard.

In summary, is it possible to have an ‘academic glow-up’ such that I achieve a 99+ ATAR, or am I just delusional and in denial and what should I do over the holidays to prepare?🤡

I wish everyone the best of luck and pray for your successes going into prelims next year!

P.s - Sorry for my very unorganised writing (my brain ain’t functioning after my traumatic y10 yearlies 💀
P.s 2 - I’m planning on taking 4u.
If you’re dedicated enough then you’ll be fine, the main most critical thing is no matter what (like no exceptions no nothing) always make sure you’re 100% confident with the content of the previous lesson before getting into the next lesson. I know it doesn’t sound that important but one day off school sick or just a bit zoned out in class can turn into 2 and then 3 and 4 and then it rapidly becomes daunting and then you’re basically screwed at that point. As long as you put in that consistent effort it’s actually not that difficult of a subject imo, you just have to be really careful about staying on top of it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)