• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

class of 05 how did your first assessment go? (1 Viewer)

still waiting

HSC
SC said:
25/25 for a series of at-home-essays on Crime - police powers, trial procedure and effectiveness of sentencing in achieving justice and the objectives of the criminal justice system.

We've only got the one Legal class - about 14 people in a grade of 120.
thats awesome well done
we have about 28 in our class out of about 120

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
we have two legal classes with about 20+ people in them...
but the same teacher for both classes which is alrite...
business is the big thing at my school
4 classes-total of 80 people alltogether
1/2 the grade does business studies at my skool!

banana_monkey

Better than you
HSC
Hmmmm, I got 10/10 for the speech we had to do on any criminal case in NSW. I picked a crazy guy. I'd say my speech was fairly medicore, but the teacher said since it covered everything, it got 10/10. I spoke decently as well, due to my professional mock trial experiance ;-). I love teachers that mark fairly. Unlike English teachers.

goan_crazy

HSC
banana_monkey said:
Hmmmm, I got 10/10 for the speech we had to do on any criminal case in NSW. I picked a crazy guy. I'd say my speech was fairly medicore, but the teacher said since it covered everything, it got 10/10. I spoke decently as well, due to my professional mock trial experiance ;-). I love teachers that mark fairly. Unlike English teachers.
well done thats excellent banana_monkey

gorgo31

HSC
hey everyone, am new here, looks like a cool place though.

i got 19/20 for my first legal assessment - it was a three-part written assignment on a criminal justice issue. we've been doing the whole "evaluate the effectiveness of the legal system in relation to..." to death now - anyone else been choking on lots of that?

anyhow, good luck with future assessments everyone!

goan_crazy

HSC
gorgo31 said:
hey everyone, am new here, looks like a cool place though.

i got 19/20 for my first legal assessment - it was a three-part written assignment on a criminal justice issue. we've been doing the whole "evaluate the effectiveness of the legal system in relation to..." to death now - anyone else been choking on lots of that?

anyhow, good luck with future assessments everyone!
welcome to BOS gorgo!
excellent work with ur assessment!
did u do that on the computer as an asessment or an inclass?

gorgo31

HSC
it was a take home / type up on the computer one cause we had to use current cases and supply some newspaper articles.. though i guess you could also be expected do the same in an inclass.. anyway, i think i've got an inclass essay coming up next on family law.. what is everyone else doing?

oh, and in case anyone is interested, i'm at a school with about 45 people doing legal with 210 or so in my year.

goan_crazy

HSC
gorgo31 said:
it was a take home / type up on the computer one cause we had to use current cases and supply some newspaper articles.. though i guess you could also be expected do the same in an inclass.. anyway, i think i've got an inclass essay coming up next on family law.. what is everyone else doing?

oh, and in case anyone is interested, i'm at a school with about 45 people doing legal with 210 or so in my year.
could u submit ur assessment on this site by any chance?
im interested in having a look
or u can add me 2 msn or email me @ joe_m_2000@hotmail.com
onli if u want
if u dont thats kool

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
My crime assessment was a speech...i'll uplaod it if u like....i did an oldish case Rv Barker...i wld have got full marks had their been external factors (which there wasnt and i told my teacher that but he wouldnt listen) LOL...

goan_crazy

HSC
melsc said:
My crime assessment was a speech...i'll uplaod it if u like....i did an oldish case Rv Barker...i wld have got full marks had their been external factors (which there wasnt and i told my teacher that but he wouldnt listen) LOL...
yeah melsc upload ur assessment if u can would b interesting to have a look at :)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Legal Studies - Crime Speech

I lost 5 marks 4 having no external factors (which i couldnt help) but go full marks 4 everything else...timed it was abt 6.30 which was the mzx with tolerance

HSC
my first assesment was a speech also on a criminal justice issue, I chose Mandatory Sentencing and got 27/30 which was pretty good, except the time for the speech was so long 8 mins and i didnt make it so i could have got another mark there but meh, what are u gunna do

elissa

Water xXx
HSC
My first assessment was a report. We had to pick a human rights violation in the world and choose three human rights they were violating.
I got 9.5/10 - only coz the teacher who marked it took 0.5 off for not having some legislation in it. He did that to everyone

I got the highest in my class and year (LOL, there's only one class at my school)

goan_crazy

HSC
FlawlessBassist said:
my first assesment was a speech also on a criminal justice issue, I chose Mandatory Sentencing and got 27/30 which was pretty good, except the time for the speech was so long 8 mins and i didnt make it so i could have got another mark there but meh, what are u gunna do
well done for that

goan_crazy

HSC
elissa said:
My first assessment was a report. We had to pick a human rights violation in the world and choose three human rights they were violating.
I got 9.5/10 - only coz the teacher who marked it took 0.5 off for not having some legislation in it. He did that to everyone

I got the highest in my class and year (LOL, there's only one class at my school)
wow... 9.5/10 and 1st in the class! awesome :)

HSC
Im averaging 97% in our assessments so far, unfortunately they only count towards our school report and have no bearing on the hsc at all

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
mine was a crime assignment, speech + report on r v skaf.
15/15 so i was happy.

Danoz The Great

HSC
I got 28/30 on mandatory sentencing - problems with it, possible future solutions etc. It was the same assessment FlawlessBassist did - hi nathan!

goan_crazy

HSC
Trippendicular said:
Im averaging 97% in our assessments so far, unfortunately they only count towards our school report and have no bearing on the hsc at all
97% thats awesome! good work!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)