Chinese section of the forum (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

craz

HSC
Hi,

I've noticed that the Chinese section of this forum seems to be a social conversion...or more about the Chinese people studying in Australia. Is there any help as such for those who may want to use this section like Chinese beginners/continuers/natives courses?

Just a thought...but if English is broken down into close study of a text, area of study, indvidual pathways etc. should the same be done with languages too?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
If you wish to post a thread asking for help with something course related there's nothing stopping you, and the large number of Chinese speakers who frequent that forum would probably be able to help.

Also the reason why subforums exist in some forums is to help sort through the various types of threads, but if there are only a few recent threads in a particular forum there is really no need for them.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
the chinese section IS there for you to discuss the HSC (or even uni) subject, though no one's posted much in a long time. i agree with what you said about the forum, and i take responsiblity for creating the main thread :p it's been talked about before and if the supermods/admins feel that the thread(s) is/are inappropriate then i have absolutely no problem with them deleting it/them.

but as withoutaface said, you are more than welcome to discuss chinese beginners/continuers etc in that forum, by creating a new thread. xiaoie will definitely help ;D

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
bubz :D said:
i have absolutely no problem with them deleting it/them.
actually, if there's gonna be deletion, i suggest rather a moving the CT thread from the BoS site to some free innovision board or something :)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Invision..

*ala BT?* Haha that went well didnt it...

Why not just close it and use MSN or IRC like normal people

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Frigid said:
actually, if there's gonna be deletion, i suggest rather a moving the CT thread from the BoS site to some free innovision board or something :)
Or, you know, perhaps to Non School where it can stay :)

I don't think it warrants deletion and I don't think the admins have / will have an issue with it. Quite a few mods post there and look after it.

Generator

HSC
N/A
So it's all fine and dandy given that the mods are themselves involved, I take it? Sorry, but when the odd regulars thread in the News and Pols forum is closed for whatever reason (random spam, admittedly) you cannot help but be annoyed at the denial of the double standards that clearly exist (I'm not saying that that shouldn't exist, just that they should be acknowledged).

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Generator said:
(I'm not saying that that shouldn't exist, just that they should be acknowledged).
dun worri old boy - it is acknowledged. CT is spam, but we spam in a non-aggressive manner. not much flaming, not much passions in CT, compared with News/CA.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Frigid said:
dun worri old boy - it is acknowledged. CT is spam, but we spam in a non-aggressive manner. not much flaming, not much passions in CT, compared with News/CA.
Fair enough.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
You know, it has never occured to me to ask for Chinese help in there. It's probably a good thing that the spam threads stay though, since it also means that native speakers post there...

and who can help out better then someone who is fluent eh?

tempco

HSC
not much spam, lotta eye candy. :D

if it was moved to NS, it would cause a bit of tension...

craz

HSC
withoutaface said:
If you wish to post a thread asking for help with something course related there's nothing stopping you, and the large number of Chinese speakers who frequent that forum would probably be able to help.

Also the reason why subforums exist in some forums is to help sort through the various types of threads, but if there are only a few recent threads in a particular forum there is really no need for them.
thanks for that. Im interested in improving my mandarin. I'm a fluent cantonese speaker. BUT i was asking for ppl out there who need it...(i suppose another reason is because im hoping to become a LOTE teacher so that kids have somewhere to ask questions etc.)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
craz said:
thanks for that. Im interested in improving my mandarin. I'm a fluent cantonese speaker. BUT i was asking for ppl out there who need it...(i suppose another reason is because im hoping to become a LOTE teacher so that kids have somewhere to ask questions etc.)
Noone's stopping those kids from asking questions.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I think I might move that thread to Non-School to prevent any potential conflicts in future, and to cover any accusations of "double standards"

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Minai said:
I think I might move that thread to Non-School to prevent any potential conflicts in future, and to cover any accusations of "double standards"
Tell them all to stfu. Keep it in the chinese forum, it's not hurting anyone and anyone who cares about the post count thing needs to get a life.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah thats my reservation though, people that care about post counts will have a cry.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
jumb said:
Tell them all to stfu. Keep it in the chinese forum, it's not hurting anyone and anyone who cares about the post count thing needs to get a life.
yes, keep it there. it's not hurting anyone!

I did make a thread related to learning Chinese, the basics of it, but it died quickly.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
craz said:
I made a chinese speaking thread too, but it also died. lemme troll, and you can revitalise it.

here it is

http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?t=39452

Last edited:

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Minai said:
Yeah thats my reservation though, people that care about post counts will have a cry.
Damn straight minai, power to the iron fist!

funniboi

HSC
hmmm... lets put it this way. (altho i really dont care what happens, just felt like having my say)

rules are rules.. although the thread isn't harming anyone, it still is spam.. doesn't matter what kind of spam it is, it's all the same... in my opinion, like all other subforums, they should be kept for what its purpose is, in this case, the chinese forum is for chinese help/discussion.. there's already a subform for spamming.. thats just what i think! (not that it's important anyway)

but, by keeping it, it'll also set a precedent on all other future threads (if they are created, and would make things difficult i guess?)

sticky situation here, lucky it's not my decision on what happens to it (thank god for that)! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)