Chemistry Class of 2007: Roll Call (1 Viewer)

Which elective are you doing?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Riviet

HSC
N/A
~shinigami~ said:
Really Riviet?

I've always thought Shipwrecks sounded boring as I've wanted to do Forensic Chem. But now that you've said shipwrecks is enjoyable, it's made me feel much better. :)
Forensics is apparently more interesting than shipwrecks, but shipwrecks is more interesting than industrial. :p

Sofstar

HSC
^^ i agree, compared with other subjects i think chem's one of the most interesting classes.

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
Riviet said:
Forensics is apparently more interesting than shipwrecks, but shipwrecks is more interesting than industrial. :p
How hard do you think it'll be if I decide to learn Forensics by myself?

Using sources like Conquering Chem 4th ed and google.

HSC
wasup everyone
industrial chem all the way.. mainly because everyone else has done it so i get their notes:)

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
I'm doing chem next year, although have no idea on an elective. Can schools offer the subject without an elective?

Riviet

HSC
N/A
~shinigami~ said:
How hard do you think it'll be if I decide to learn Forensics by myself?

Using sources like Conquering Chem 4th ed and google.
Shouldn't be too bad if you're keen on the module, but I would suggest sticking to whatever your school does as you'll be able to get all the pracs done in class easily.
davidbarnes said:
Can schools offer the subject without an elective?
The elective is a part of the HSC chemistry course, one must be done along with the 3 core modules.

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
lol

apparantly forensic sounds cool but is actually really boring

we were complaining about industrial instead of forensic too
but in the end, the easier module wins really. =)

mz tammy

HSC
yeh tru! =) im goin 2 need sum help dis yr 4 chem..coz my teacher aint dat good aswell...umm...nyc 2 noe ders help out der.. =)

mz tammy

HSC
hey does ne1 ere hab da solubility rule n da standard enode potential table? if u hab can u please post it up 4 me plz fanx...heaps... =)

*chrissie*

HSC
whoops... signing in a bit late but oh well... plz try and talk in english .... that makes a little more sense.
anyway, with solubility rules, all nitrates, acetates, potassium, sodium?, ammonium compounds and Most chlorides - except for AgCl - are soluble
there are some exceptions to these , usually barium and lead and sometime silver.
also, hydroxides usually insoluble (unless one of the ones already mentioned above. i dont know if this is entirely right, so go check out the web. and i think i might have seen it somewhere else on bos before, so do a search.

the E-naught values should be in your textbook somewhere , try the back. (or front). in conc.chem 3rd e. we have numerous versions scatted throughout our textbook.

wish i was doing forensics... i want to do it in uni, probably at uts... anyway, *sigh* i think we're doing industrial chem, but im not entirely sure.

and you guys think you have a crappy teacher!? well, we spent a whole eighty minute peroid (thats 1 hr 20!) with our bloody galvanic cells all connected up to power packs!!! and she [teacher] didnt ever realise! omg, and she keeps saying that we'll pass yr 12 chem cause we can balance equations and count to 4 (carbon chem...) wish me luck...

mz tammy

HSC
hehehe heys thanks chrissie lol...and goodluk wit ur teacher!! ^_^ im gona get a new chem teacher soon...my old one is leaving to sydney boys...hehehe goodluk with ur new teachers guys... =)

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
Present

I don't really know. Forensics sounds interesting but I think it will come down to Shipwrecks and Biochemistry. Does anyone else think if they pick Biochemistry they'll get thrashed by the biologist (assuming you don't do biology...duh :D)

Last edited:

Bank$

HSC
Shipwrecks and Salvage --- i am gonna need some help from the BOS community as my teacher doesnt exactly teach the syllabus and same as Ronaldinho it is a bad class and i should top it

lazzz

HSC
my chem teacher leaving as well... he was the best... now we have a teacher which i somehow have a grudge against!!!! [angry face]

no idea what elective we're doing yet... my class is kinda split... one side=shipwreck as its surpose to be easy... while another half going for foresic.. "interesting".... i personally have no interest in forensic and now heard it more boring then it sounds.... i shall use this point as a debate over elective!!! [smiles]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)