Cheating in the trials (1 Viewer)

themanman

HSC
N/A
okay well here is my concern..

Not every school has to do the trials at the same time..

so whats stopping any cheating student from talking to friends from schools who have already done the trial and getting inside info?

i have strong suspicions that kids in my grade have done that already

the BOS should have greater restrictions on this kinda stuff

P.S. what trial does King's School, Parramatta do? they dont do the CSSA do they?

kfnmpah

HSC
I thought that if you did CSSA, for example, all school had to do that paper on the same day...

that's a really obvious way of cheating, i think the bos would have sussed that out.
Also, what kind of fool would tell someone else the answers, do they not realise that they are competing against each other?

enoilgam

HSC
I'm pretty sure CSSA and Independants need to be done on the same day.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
CSSA is all on the same day I'm pretty sure. I think King School make their own exams but I'm not sure so don't quote.

themanman

HSC
N/A
thanks for the replies guys
and i also thank korne for that complimentary gif in his sig

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
CSSA is either on the day they set or later. As the CSSA timetable does have multiple subjects on at the same time there are times when schools can move an exam to another timeslot but they can't then use the CSSA paper unless the exam is done later than the CSSA timetable e.g. Economics and Hospitality were timetabled against each other this year - so if your school has students doing both subjects then one of them would have to be moved. If the school moved it earlier than that timetabled they couldn't use CSSA but if it was moved later in the schedule they could do so but they would also know that there was a possibility of the exam being known.

Independents can be done anytime within about a 4 - 6 week period.

The BOS won't regulate this as they don't even mandate Trials have to be done - they just give a limit to the % of the assessment schedule in each course that can be done as exam or test type activities.

Last edited:

rayz93

HSC
CSSA - on the same day.
Independent - whenever? or within a limited amount of weeks?

mecramarathon

HSC
I remembered for independent trials, there is a mandated "window" period which schools cannot release marked papers back until the very last school does their trials

But that doesn't stop ppl from telling questions to others (esp for extended responses/essays)

13abie

HSC
I remembered for independent trials, there is a mandated "window" period which schools cannot release marked papers back until the very last school does their trials

But that doesn't stop ppl from telling questions to others (esp for extended responses/essays)
That is true, but remember your school might not tell you that you are going to be doing an independant trial, and also most trials which use the independant paper are a collaboration of questions rather all from the same trial.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
King's do their own trial.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
My school is weird, half of the subjects have there own trial, while half have a IND etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)