Cheater caught out in trials.. (1 Viewer)

dannielle_93

HSC
Someone in my year was caught out cheating in trials however the teachers didn't award this student a 0 instead they gave him marks in which was more then some other students in the class.
I thought the board of studies rule was if someone cheated it was an immediate 0?

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Someone in my year was caught out cheating in trials however the teachers didn't award this student a 0 instead they gave him marks in which was more then some other students in the class.
I thought the board of studies rule was if someone cheated it was an immediate 0?
If he was cheating he should get zero.

What did he do?

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
Talk to your principal/director of studies/etc about it. They deserve to get zero if they're cheating, definitely. Not sure if BOS policy on cheating in exams applies to school-based exams though, I suspect it doesn't.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Talk to your principal/director of studies/etc about it. They deserve to get zero if they're cheating, definitely. Not sure if BOS policy on cheating in exams applies to school-based exams though, I suspect it doesn't.

It does. ( in my school at least)

powlmao

Banned
HSC
He should be failed. Call the real BOS.

It is regulation that anyone caught cheating is given zero in the HSC.

FCB

Emma Watson <3
HSC
Who cares...I mean if he cheats then its most likely he isnt going to affect your ranks.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
well the teacher caught him out in the exam and took paper off him but in other subjects its just all the students who know.
What I want to know is if the teacher took the paper off him, how did he beat other students? Presumably, the exam was taken off about half way through the exam.

If someone that got their exam confiscated half way through the exam, and presumably lost half the marks in the exam for non attempts, as well as a/n (albeit) minor penalty for the questions already answered, and still beat students that got the opportunity to answer the entire exam in the entire exam-time, your school has bigger issues to worry about.

fakermaker

HSC
I'd call him on it.

However, I'm too much of a bitch to approach the principal, So I'd probably write an anonymous email that demonstrated my anger.

seek justice.

taeyang

HSC
Who cares...I mean if he cheats then its most likely he isnt going to affect your ranks.
Hmmm??? gaining high ranks from cheating is affecting this guy. Besides tell him next time to stick the paper inside the cartridge of his pen, i.e. between the ink cartridge and the plastic cover.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Penalties on cheating varies on the severity of the cheating. For example, bringing one formula written on a calculator will not be an immediate zero but a small penalty. Given that he had the answers on him during the exam, that should definately be a zero/N given.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Penalties on cheating varies on the severity of the cheating. For example, bringing one formula written on a calculator will not be an immediate zero but a small penalty. Given that he had the answers on him during the exam, that should definately be a zero/N given.

Well, it could. If he came higher in rank, then everyone below him would be pushed down one rank and so you get an assessment mark that is one notch lower. This could be the difference between 85 and 86 ATAR.

anne1010

HSC
did he play the 'oh shit i forgot it in my pocket' line if they found it at the beginning of the exam? if so then i dont think theyd give a zero.
curious as to how he got caught?

stampede

doin it tuff
HSC
This could be the difference between 85 and 86 ATAR.
lol firstly theres no major difference between those 2 atars

secondly no lol there will be a difference of like 0.00000000000000000005 atar points if one student in ur school cheats to get over u

slyhunter

Retired
HSC

secondly no lol there will be a difference of like 0.00000000000000000005 atar points if one student in ur school cheats to get over u
Obviously it means the end of the world for many people here.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad

Okay, it could mean the difference betwen 99.95 and 99.90. That's like day and night. LOL

khfreakau

HSC
Okay, it could mean the difference betwen 99.95 and 99.90. That's like day and night. LOL
pretty sure that unless you're at a dud school, instantly getting 0 in trials will destroy your rank and probably reduce your atar by quite a bit more than 0.05 D:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)