Charles Sturt Bathurst - Students of 2010 (1 Viewer)

LAMBERS16

HSC
Hey, i got into new residence aswell. Are you going to bathurst aswell??
Hahaha looks like I will be seeing some of you first years this yr! I am gunna be in new res at Bathurst too, only I am a second yr :)

Missy.15

HSC
Hahaha looks like I will be seeing some of you first years this yr! I am gunna be in new res at Bathurst too, only I am a second yr :)

Ohh lol thats okk..
How is new res?? Is the social side good??
im nervous about starting- cause i know like no one their :(

LAMBERS16

HSC
Ohh lol thats okk..
How is new res?? Is the social side good??
im nervous about starting- cause i know like no one their :(
I haven't lived in New Res before but I've heard from people that have lived there that its heaps good! Lotsa social life and opportunities for social activity, haha! Don't be nervous, don't worry... you will meet heaps of people and make heaps of friends from the dorms... I used to be anxious about it too last yr at the start coz I was a first yr but it was all for nothing haha :) and lotsa people are in the same position as you as well... most ppl have moved away from home for the first time so others are anxious as well!

alen.d

HSC
So is anyone now joining us at CSU this year?
btw lambers, you do Journalism? What's it like?
Got into it in early round luckily!
Is it really all that it's cracked up to be?
Does Chris McGillion get any nicer?

toby12

HSC
got into B Communication/Sport Studies!

anyone else doing the same course?

LAMBERS16

HSC
So is anyone now joining us at CSU this year?
btw lambers, you do Journalism? What's it like?
Got into it in early round luckily!
Is it really all that it's cracked up to be?
Does Chris McGillion get any nicer?
Yeh I sure do... do journo. :)
I got in the early round last yr too haha.
It's pretty good... i love it! You get quite a bit of practical opportunities which is good, considering you're only a first yr. You get to go on the radio and read/write a story in the last semester, for example :) plus other group work with writing news stories. The first year is basically an introduction, but its still a lot of fun and you learn a lot. Chris Mcgillion is actually pretty nice... he's bluntly honest, but still a genuine guy.... he's pretty funny when you get to know him... but still scary/intimidating. As long as your hardworking, he'll be nice. Its when people are lazy and don't commit that he gets pissed off. haha. They're not too hard on first years though.... I mean Chris and Kay Nankervis (who you will also have for some of your classes). All in all, its a good course. You have 1 news-related core subject, and three other electives. COM130 (media production and presentation) is without a doubt, the worst one... haha! You still learn a lot from it though.
Hope my answer has helped :)

alen.d

HSC
Yeh I sure do... do journo. :)
I got in the early round last yr too haha.
It's pretty good... i love it! You get quite a bit of practical opportunities which is good, considering you're only a first yr. You get to go on the radio and read/write a story in the last semester, for example :) plus other group work with writing news stories. The first year is basically an introduction, but its still a lot of fun and you learn a lot. Chris Mcgillion is actually pretty nice... he's bluntly honest, but still a genuine guy.... he's pretty funny when you get to know him... but still scary/intimidating. As long as your hardworking, he'll be nice. Its when people are lazy and don't commit that he gets pissed off. haha. They're not too hard on first years though.... I mean Chris and Kay Nankervis (who you will also have for some of your classes). All in all, its a good course. You have 1 news-related core subject, and three other electives. COM130 (media production and presentation) is without a doubt, the worst one... haha! You still learn a lot from it though.
Hope my answer has helped :)
Haha thanks! Great help!
Yeah, I met Chris when I went for a tour there and after he attempted to freak the crap outta me and scare me away from Barthurst, he was really nice and told me he'd give me a recommendation.
I'm very excited for Feb 22nd and starting it all! :D
Anyone else staying in the Towers?

Missy.15

HSC
lol im excited too!
Lambers, is self res a popular choice for first yrs?
What cooking utensils and stufff do u think we should bring?

Missy.15

HSC
hey has anyone got any confirmation letters or emails yet? on when to start and that?

alen.d

HSC
hey has anyone got any confirmation letters or emails yet? on when to start and that?
I got a letter the other day with like a student planner in it?
O-Week starts on the 22nd of February and we're supposed to be on campus at 9am to be shown to our rooms and everything! :D

Missy.15

HSC
I got a letter the other day with like a student planner in it?
O-Week starts on the 22nd of February and we're supposed to be on campus at 9am to be shown to our rooms and everything! :D

lol k thanks.. I havent got it yet.
Where are you staying???

NoName91

HSC
Any locals other than myself on here that are going? Even though I know plenty off this site who are :)

joshhunt

HSC
B business marketing lol. Have you guys applied for accomodation? if so where at?
I put down New Res as my first preference, and got in XD. I just got back from a tour of the uni, and I am so happy that I got into new res. It looks (and smells) so much... better than the rest.

Missy.15

HSC
I put down New Res as my first preference, and got in XD. I just got back from a tour of the uni, and I am so happy that I got into new res. It looks (and smells) so much... better than the rest.

heyyy omg i got into new res aswell!!
Oh i know, i so agree. New res looks the best. But im sure the others will be just as good socially.
What are you bringing?

joshhunt

HSC
What are you bringing?
As in... stuff?

lol, my friends got my a shit load of 'moving away' gifts, so i have enough pots and pans and dinner sets and towels and all sorts of stuff :p

But I am taking my blender. I never go anywhere without my blender XD

toby12

HSC
any idea when the students who deffered will receive their confirmation letter?

Missy.15

HSC
As in... stuff?

lol, my friends got my a shit load of 'moving away' gifts, so i have enough pots and pans and dinner sets and towels and all sorts of stuff :p

But I am taking my blender. I never go anywhere without my blender XD

lol yeah, i have no idea... i'll have to get some of them.
Are you keen for o-week?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)