Celebration : We Won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
hahaha...are you sure??

i've seen a few around, the home jerseys obviously are a bit scarcer than the away, but i've seen them @ rebel, soccercity (kingsgrove soccer place), and i think at the A-League game on sat night

T

timbk2

ive been to 2 rebels that's sold out of the yellow one.. 1 had 2 of the green jerseys left.. though im told some smaller shops may have em.

HSC
timbk2 said:
ive been to 2 rebels that's sold out of the yellow one.. 1 had 2 of the green jerseys left.. though im told some smaller shops may have em.
Good luck finding a jersey!

nedzelic

HSC
timbk2 said:

on the band wagon eh?
well i know i got mine the day they came out some time in about december last yera. if i were you i might wait as they may start to reduce them as they will bring out a new strip in time for the w.c - but that may be in a few months, so i guess that doesn't help you

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Surely there wont be a new strip, Im lovin the one we have now, better than the shit ones we went through in the 90's. Why cant they just stick with the gold instead of putting green shit all over it?

T

timbk2

nedzelic said:
on the band wagon eh?
well i know i got mine the day they came out some time in about december last yera. if i were you i might wait as they may start to reduce them as they will bring out a new strip in time for the w.c - but that may be in a few months, so i guess that doesn't help you
if your simply inferring that im a bandwagon jumper because of all the recent worldcup hysteria then your wrong. I too wanted to get a jersey as soon as they came out, but i found better things to spend $130 on at the time considering there wasnt much of a chance of them making it to the WC, it was alot of money for a shirt if there wasnt many opportunities to show your support. Only now that we're certain to be there next june, that ive decided to get myself a jersey to show my support for the team and soccer in australia in general.

And yes.. i think there might be a possibility (although unlikely) that nike will produce a world cup jersey. I saw 2 on ebay.. darker green jerseys with world cup patches, branded as the new Nike world cup australian jersey... but theres a good chance these are fakes. I think its unlikely however, cause the design is very much a generic design used by many other countries in the world, and they wouldnt just change the design for Australia. If anything, a colour change (i hope not, i like this yellow) and a couple of WC badges on the sleeves.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
If you're Australian, youre on the Socceroos bandwagon. You are born on it. You cant jump on it unless youre another nationality. You can only jump off the bandwagon. Australian football fans are getting high and mighty if we are gonna accuse people of that...

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Nike, adidas, Puma et al introduce new kits for each major tournament. France, Germany, Argentina etc are already wearing their new adidas strips so i guess its only a matter of time before Nike brings out their new designs...

T

timbk2

all the other national Nike kits... eg. Portugal, Brazil, Holland.. . are all 2004/06 kits. So im guessing they'll stay for next year at least, with new ones coming out after the world cup.

ALthough it could also mean that new jerseys may come out early 06.. so they can be worn during the WC... who knows... they're bringing out new boots around this time too. Eg. kewells new predator absolute's (which look like shit imo)

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Hmm if Nike does go for the retro look, the new Socceroos' kit mite be similar to the 1974 strip...

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Dude, it looks like a normal shirt that someone put tags on. Im not thinking that this could be the shirt style. Dont look too mutch into that site, timbk2, i think its American. Ive learnt not to trust "soccer" rumours from the Yanks. Still, Please just keep the ones we have, John :)

btw, italys new ones are shit, saw them in that friendly the other day, it looks as if they are wearing two shirts.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
The new Italian kit was designed by some guy called Neil Barrett...they talk about it here

For his second Italian National Team kit design, Barrett's signature styling of clean lines, slim tailoring and layered garments come to the forefront. A deep v-neck revealing the new FIGC badge on an azzurri blue underlay creates a statement look for the team. The distinctive styling of the white v-neck creates a sophisticated, yet understated feel. This deep v-neck technique also hints at the team's new 2006 home kit to be released on March 1st.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
politik said:
The new Argentina kit is nice, but I only bought my 04/06 jersey this year... it even has a rare "maradona" and 10 on the back... And now I want a new one!
you sure?

maradona on the back of an argentinian shirt...like i never would've thought someone could/would do that :p

nedzelic

HSC
timbk2 said:
if your simply inferring that im a bandwagon jumper because of all the recent worldcup hysteria then your wrong. I too wanted to get a jersey as soon as they came out, but i found better things to spend $130 on at the time considering there wasnt much of a chance of them making it to the WC, it was alot of money for a shirt if there wasnt many opportunities to show your support. Only now that we're certain to be there next june, that ive decided to get myself a jersey to show my support for the team and soccer in australia in general.

And yes.. i think there might be a possibility (although unlikely) that nike will produce a world cup jersey. I saw 2 on ebay.. darker green jerseys with world cup patches, branded as the new Nike world cup australian jersey... but theres a good chance these are fakes. I think its unlikely however, cause the design is very much a generic design used by many other countries in the world, and they wouldnt just change the design for Australia. If anything, a colour change (i hope not, i like this yellow) and a couple of WC badges on the sleeves.
well if you don't even believe that your own country could make it to the wc, then why the fuck should you deserve to strip up in the green and gold. and if you ca't find a good oppurtunity to show your allegiance to your country, then that's your own fault. why di you need a reason, you're australian, that's good enough

T

timbk2

nedzelic said:
well if you don't even believe that your own country could make it to the wc, then why the fuck should you deserve to strip up in the green and gold. and if you ca't find a good oppurtunity to show your allegiance to your country, then that's your own fault. why di you need a reason, you're australian, that's good enough
mate.. the fact that you got the jersey earlier than anyone else doesnt make you any more of a supporter than the rest of us. If you really think that you're a bigger supporter or you've got stronger beliefs for australian soccer than each of the tens of thousands of people who went and bought a jersey after the game, then good on you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)