catcher in the rye (1 Viewer)

darshil

Replicant
HSC
hey everybody,
we're doing Romulus, My father as our prescribed text and was thinking of doing the catcher in the rye as a related text. Good idea? or is it a phoney idea? thanks !

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Our teacher said it's not a good idea. Although it might be because we studied it in year 11. Personally I think it's a good book for Belonging.

Pacchiru

like bonnie and clyde
HSC
yeah, i used it as a related text. it's pretty good.

helenawest

HSC
good idea. i'm doing it and it's good. it's all about not belonging. do it

jay-aye

HSC
Pacchiru said:
yeah, i used it as a related text. it's pretty good.
do u happen to have any good notes on catcher in the rye?
It has really good key concepts on alienation as a form of self-protection and loneliness.

Zephyrio

HSC
It's a so-so idea fo belonging, in my opinion. Yes, it addresses some key issues, such as alienation and not belonging, but what about belonging in itself? Better supplementary material would encompass all aspects of the rubric, belonging AND not belonging, not just half of this. It may get you into trouble if you are asked an unexpected question only to find that your related texts do not really cover what is required of you.

That and the fact that it's such an annoying book. Lawl.

lynton

HSC
hey i was doing it for my related material as well. im pretty sure i dont have any related material about beonging. Its all about not- belonging ... is that bad. Like u could format the question to suit belonging and then introduce the idea of not belonging?? argh help

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
We did Catcher in Yr 10. I found it shit. Either way, it's still an overused text for Belonging.

pman

Banned
HSC
You get mor marks if you show a wide range of reading for your ad-mat so try not to do really common texts like catcher

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)