CASIO fx-8200 AU - new calculator coming next year. (1 Viewer)

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
Furthermore, the fx-92B Secondaire can do Algorithms:
fx-82B Secondaire-Algorithm.png
But going back to Math Box, this is on most of them and gives options of Dice Roll and Coin Toss. You can choose 1,2 or 3 dice or coins and up to 250 attempts. It tabulates results and also gives an animated screen as it rolls the dice or tosses the coins. Don't know why they didn't include this on the fx8200 AU, as it is on almost all the emulators.

The fx-92B Secondaire version of Math Box is even better because that one also gives options of Number Line and Circle too:
fx-82B Secondaire-Math-Box.png

Last edited:

carrotsss

HSC
So what functionalities would you want from the other emulators?

Well as we have already seen, the fx8200 AU, TI-30XB MultiView and TI-30X Plus MathPrint won't do cos(72o) whereas the classpad app does:
View attachment 38914
The TI-Nspire CX II-T emulator also does it:

View attachment 38915
One thing I like in TI-Nspire CX II-T which is better than classpad is that it automatically closes parentheses whereas the classpad doesn't.

But the other emulators can do other things too not on the fx8200 AU such as

fx570/991CW can do matrices, spreadsheets (not the same as tables), equations, inequalty, Base-N, Ratio, Math Box

The Home screen actually scrolls like this:

View attachment 38916
View attachment 38917
View attachment 38918
It can do calculus too, however the new models hide this in Calculate ->CATALOG ->Fuct Analysis->Derivative or Integration whereas the older style calculators have a simple button. This is one instance where I much prefer the old-style CASIO calculator keyboard - and it appears that CASIO are quite well aware of this because although almost all the current emulators have the new-style keyboard, they kept one in the old-style, namely the fx-570/991EX which looks like this and you can see how much easier it is to access calculus with button
View attachment 38919 on
View attachment 38920
Tbh I only really use the fx8200au in the emulator because I'd rather get practice with the calculator I'm actually using in the exam. For a high school level, the 8200au provides pretty much all of the features I need, and features like the exact value of cos(72o) aren't really necessary, because the only time I need them is when I'm going to have to prove their value or use a method to find it, in which case the verify function is sufficient.

nsw..wollongong

HSC
HELP MEEE
im contemplating getting this calculator so bad before my trials but I'm just looking at the damn thing, it looks so complicated
given the pros and cons, do u guys think its worth it???

SMARTYPANTS_SINGH

NESA WHY?
HSC
HELP MEEE
im contemplating getting this calculator so bad before my trials but I'm just looking at the damn thing, it looks so complicated
My friend got it today, and that thing is impossible to navigate through. If you have 2-3 weeks until your trials I'm sure you'll get used to it though, but you'll have to use it a bit

SMARTYPANTS_SINGH

NESA WHY?
HSC
but other than that it's amazing, I'm still wondering how they approved it in the first place.

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
HELP MEEE
same mines sooner so im not buying it now lol i wont have time to adapt and learn

nsw..wollongong

HSC
same mines sooner so im not buying it now lol i wont have time to adapt and learn
okay okay so I'm looking at a few and i came across the fx-100AU PLUS 2nd Edition which i think is also approved by nesa and it seems easier to navigate thru (im just judging based off of looks).
does anyone have this calc and is it easier to use compared to the fx-8200? i think it has the same function, ngl i don't know the difference between the two calcs

carrotsss

HSC
HELP MEEE
Pros:
- Exact values are so good
- Flex on everyone with cool calculator
- Custom logs save time
- Can input variables prior to exam (e.g. for physics you could input gravity, Plancke’s constant, electron charge etc)
- Pretty easy to get used to, it’s a very intuitive UI and still relatively similar to the fx100au
- Can input functions prior to exam (you could theoretically put formulas into this to save tooons of time which is kinda op)
- More intuitive x10^power button
- Can do complex numbers and vector calculation if you don’t have an fx100au (like srsly if you’re still using an 82au then upgrade asap)

Cons:
- S<=>D takes two buttons which is a pain
- Takes a bit of getting used to ig

carrotsss

HSC
okay okay so I'm looking at a few and i came across the fx-100AU PLUS 2nd Edition which i think is also approved by nesa and it seems easier to navigate thru (im just judging based off of looks).
does anyone have this calc and is it easier to use compared to the fx-8200? i think it has the same function, ngl i don't know the difference between the two calcs
If you’re still using and fx82au then I’d 100% upgrade to the fx8200au, it has all the very useful features of the fx100au and more and it doesn’t take that much getting used to. The fx100au is still a big upgrade for ext 2 though and is very similar to fx82au if you really care that much abt that

nsw..wollongong

HSC
If you’re still using and fx82au then I’d 100% upgrade to the fx8200au, it has all the very useful features of the fx100au and more and it doesn’t take that much getting used to. The fx100au is still a big upgrade for ext 2 though and is very similar to fx82au if you really care that much abt that
I'm currently using fx-100au plus,, for math adv do u reckon fx8200au would be beneficial??

carrotsss

HSC
I'm currently using fx-100au plus,, for math adv do u reckon fx8200au would be beneficial??
for adv the fx82au is plenty let alone the fx100au, the 8200au has some nice to haves for adv but it’s far from essential

nsw..wollongong

HSC
ngl i dont get the difference between 8200au and 100AU plus 2nd Edition
they look like they have the exact sm function???

carrotsss

HSC
ngl i dont get the difference between 8200au and 100AU plus 2nd Edition
they look like they have the exact sm function???
The 100au can’t do functions, variables (I think), exact values, still has the stupid way of doing x10^power, slightly worse navigation w/ fractions (personal preference) and doesn’t have custom logs

carrotsss

HSC
im stressing wtf is ti-30x plus
it looks like it can also do exact values
it has pretty much all the same features of the fx8200au but with a worse ui (imo) and it’s also more different to the fx82au and therefore harder to get used to

nsw..wollongong

HSC
it has pretty much all the same features of the fx8200au but with a worse ui (imo) and it’s also more different to the fx82au and therefore harder to get used to
u reckon 8200au is better? I'm thinking of using it for my trials (10 days away)... not too sure tho IDFK WHY THIS IS STRESSING ME OUT BRUH I FOUND OUT THAT HALF MY GRADE IS DEBATING ON GETTING IT AND IM GETTING FOMO

carrotsss

HSC
u reckon 8200au is better? I'm thinking of using it for my trials (10 days away)... not too sure tho IDFK WHY THIS IS STRESSING ME OUT BRUH I FOUND OUT THAT HALF MY GRADE IS DEBATING ON GETTING IT AND IM GETTING FOMO
Wait until after trials to get it, not worth having to get used to the change with such short notice tbh

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
I think the really big improvements are in statistics and probability distributions.

For example,

- All the stats at once instead of finding each one individually definitely saves time

- Ability to do inverse normal distribution isn't even a thing on the older calculators

I get that as with any new technology there is a bit of a learning curve at the start, but once you are used to it, it's actually going to make life easier.

Here is the comparison chart again and you will see that the new functionalities makes the upgrade a no-brainer.
Scientific-comparison-table-768x642.png

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)