CASIO fx-8200 AU - new calculator coming next year. (1 Viewer)

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
my guy ive never seen anyone so passionate about calculators...have you ever though of doing retailing? Man youd even make me want to buy a car from you
nah its pre normal. My teachers have also been talking ab these calculators since last yr and have become obsessed.

howcanibesmarter

HSC
nah its pre normal. My teachers have also been talking ab these calculators since last yr and have become obsessed.
wtf why r they excited 😂 wouldnt this calculator mean that no exact value questions can be asked? cus they can just plug into the calculator to get at least 1/3 marks.

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
wtf why r they excited 😂 wouldnt this calculator mean that no exact value questions can be asked? cus they can just plug into the calculator to get at least 1/3 marks.
yh. idk exactly what they are excited ab. But im pre sure all the maths teachers I've had since last yr have not stopped obsessing over it.

nsw..wollongong

HSC
yh. idk exactly what they are excited ab. But im pre sure all the maths teachers I've had since last yr have not stopped obsessing over it.
huh never have i heard anyone (including my teachers) talk abt this calc till i looked on this post

MathNerd!

HSC
N/A
It does represent exact values of pi.
UR excited about FX8200AU - scroll further down the list of approved calculators ... you will find a more powerful and much cheaper model:
TI-30XPlusMathPrint.
It too does exact values, defines functions f(x), g(x), numerical differentiation, normal and binomial distributions ... scientific constants (physics/chemistry), automatic conversions between units ... copy/paste....

Attachments

carrotsss

HSC
UR excited about FX8200AU - scroll further down the list of approved calculators ... you will find a more powerful and much cheaper model:
TI-30XPlusMathPrint.
It too does exact values, defines functions f(x), g(x), numerical differentiation, normal and binomial distributions ... scientific constants (physics/chemistry), automatic conversions between units ... copy/paste....
The fx8200au can do all of those when set up right and has a much nicer, less cramped ui (and not sure if the ti-30x can do custom logs or use the formula sheet values for constants). That is still interesting though, definitely makes the fx8200 seem like less of a leap in terms of what’s allowed

dav53521

HSC
The fx8200au can do all of those when set up right and has a much nicer, less cramped ui (and not sure if the ti-30x can do custom logs or use the formula sheet values for constants). That is still interesting though, definitely makes the fx8200 seem like less of a leap in terms of what’s allowed
ti-30x can do custom logs as I use to have one but abused used the recall on them to save money on the fx8200.

nsw..wollongong

HSC
honestly tho is the fx8200au worth it tho? I'm considering it but idk if its worth it, i don't wanna pay for a calc that might not be *that* useful in the end

carrotsss

HSC
honestly tho is the fx8200au worth it tho? I'm considering it but idk if its worth it, i don't wanna pay for a calc that might not be *that* useful in the end
im assuming I already have a 100au, if you don’t then it’s definitely worth it for the complex numbers

the main ways that it can help you is saving time and preventing mistakes. if ur not making many mistakes that would be prevented by exact values etc and not running out of time in exams then it’s pretty much just a ‘nice to have’. i personally only really bought it because I managed to get it pretty significantly discounted, I thought it’d be interesting and I can eventually pass it on to my sister and cousins anyway

MathNerd!

HSC
N/A
Yes, TI-30XPlusMathPrint can do custom logs, exact values, define functions ... even approximate integrals if you like.

MathNerd!

HSC
N/A
Is that the second edition? I have one too.

I would keep that because it can do something the 8200 AU can’t - measurement conversions.

Also, did you know in the 100 AU second edition there is a secret key combination that reveals the Calculator ID. The same is true for the 82 AU plus ii second edition.

When you press the MODE button it gives options 1,2 etc.

No mention is made of MODE 0.

However pressing MODE 0 reveals the Calculator ID and an associated QR code.

The QR code takes you to an authenticity check website.
The TI-30XPlus MathPrint can do measurement conversions, plus it has a stack of scientific constants stored, and it does exact values, defines functions, remembers the data that you enter (lists) and it's cheaper. Officeworks beat any price by 5%, so check out Haines education, get OW to price match and you'll pick up a TI-30XPlusMathPrint for around $37.00.

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
iphone app for the fx8200 AU?
There is an iphone app that emulates the fx8200 AU. It is called the ClassWiz Calc App Plus.
You just log in with the same login for the web-based one and it looks like this:

Screen Shot 2023-07-11 at 3.49.32 am.png

This looks much better full screen on the iphone than the web-based version. It works in ipad too. There is also an android version.

There are emulators for the TI-30XB MultiView and TI-30X Plus MathPrint too but as far as I can tell, it’s just for Windows or mac, not iphone and they are not web-based.

Texas Instruments do however have ipad apps for the TI-Nspire and TI-Nspire CAS calculators but not for iphone. They are also available for Windows and mac. Not sure if they have android versions, but if not, there is a way to do it in android anyway with the Firebird app: https://www.intereseducation.com/re...cx-cas-touchpad-on-android-ios-with-firebird/

Last edited:

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
Although it looks better in the app for fx8200 AU it seems that the app version does not have quite as many options for model selection as in the web-based version. Here is the current model selection in the ClassWiz Calc App Plus:
IMG_2875.png
This may change in the future though.

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
So what functionalities would you want from the other emulators?

Well as we have already seen, the fx8200 AU, TI-30XB MultiView and TI-30X Plus MathPrint won't do cos(72o) whereas the classpad app does:
cos72-classpad.png
The TI-Nspire CX II-T emulator also does it:

TI-Nspire CX II-T -cos72.png
One thing I like in TI-Nspire CX II-T which is better than classpad is that it automatically closes parentheses whereas the classpad doesn't.

But the other emulators can do other things too not on the fx8200 AU such as

fx570/991CW can do matrices, spreadsheets (not the same as tables), equations, inequalty, Base-N, Ratio, Math Box

The Home screen actually scrolls like this:

fx570-991CW-1.png
fx570-991CW-2.png
fx570-991CW-3.png
It can do calculus too, however the new models hide this in Calculate ->CATALOG ->Fuct Analysis->Derivative or Integration whereas the older style calculators have a simple button. This is one instance where I much prefer the old-style CASIO calculator keyboard - and it appears that CASIO are quite well aware of this because although almost all the current emulators have the new-style keyboard, they kept one in the old-style, namely the fx-570/991EX which looks like this and you can see how much easier it is to access calculus with button
calculus-button.png on
fx-570-991EX.png

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)