Cars!!!!!!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
oolovell said:
hmm, not much on grey imports... c'mon!

I love my Soarer, i reckon she could give most of these hotted up cars a run for their money
hotted up cars?
not many modified cars were posted here lol....

SipSip

HSC
N/A
Why modified cars when stock cars can provide good performance whilst still preserve the warranty...

Rice cars are a waste of money...especially those who thinks sticking on stickers on the car...but eat person has their preference...so i guess should respect that...

Nguyen

SipSip said:
Why modified cars when stock cars can provide good performance whilst still preserve the warranty...

Rice cars are a waste of money...especially those who thinks sticking on stickers on the car...but eat person has their preference...so i guess should respect that...
Because performance of stock is always never enough ;) You get craving for more power when you see or been in a car faster than your own.

SipSip

HSC
N/A
Nguyen said:
Because performance of stock is always never enough ;) You get craving for more power when you see or been in a car faster than your own.
I really don't mind performance mods, those are decent....i don't think eyelids and different colour lights could make the car faster. Those are wasted money spent on things that won't benefit the car, as i always say, stickers won't make the car go faster.

Nguyen

SipSip said:
I really don't mind performance mods, those are decent....i don't think eyelids and different colour lights could make the car faster. Those are wasted money spent on things that won't benefit the car, as i always say, stickers won't make the car go faster.
I'm not referring to asthetic mods, i'm talking purely mechanical.

SipSip

HSC
N/A
Yes...i agree...i had the previlege of "owning" an sti for a while...and had to boost the turbo and suspension change...very nice...did the muffler as well...but i wouldn't call that the best option...since that it was so loud that my dad got pissed at me...

Nguyen

IMO the best thing retain a stock car and gain more performance is to have an aftermarket ECU and get it tuned. What the cops don't see, they cannot defect, but the downside is not everyone can afford one, let alone pay to get it tuned.

Now that'll get rid of the lag under 4000rpms on the STi's hahaha.

SipSip

HSC
N/A
lengstar said:
can i add an aftermarket ECU to my Camry CSi 2003? how much are they? how much to tune?
They are around 800-1200 for a complete installation and tune...but the amount of kW it'll add will probably be around 5kW max...

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
lengstar said:
can i add an aftermarket ECU to my Camry CSi 2003? how much are they? how much to tune?
is this a theoretical question?
because if not, please don't, save the money in a bank, you get better returns

Nguyen

Yep don't do it, a family oriented car is just not worth the cash for such a thing. Sure you might get negligible power throughout the rev range, but then again it's only a Camry.
But if you must, CAI, exhaust, and I wouldn't touch it anymore, even exhaust is going tad overboard for a Camry.

I suggest save some cash and put the money on a car that's more worthwhile to be modified.

somethingwitty

HSC
well, i really enjoy the process of picking something out, installing it on my car, and testing it.

for example, last item i bought was a cold air intake . after installing it, i took the car out for a spin. it's got far more power around the 1500-2000rpm range now (it lacked a bit before).....

it's just fun to pick up all this stuff.

but i say NO to body kits and the like. My car looks hot enough as is. AND it goes hard.

C

VX1-08U

lengstar said:
Aftermarket chips are meant to make the most of other mods done to the car such as zorst, CAI, bigger throttlebody ... etc. On it's own on a stock camry, it's not worth the cost like Ngyuen said.

If you really want a aftermarket ECU, you can look into http://www.powerchipgroup.com/index.asp ... whether you see any benefit from these chips is debatable.

Dragonschik

I am getting my P's next month and my dad bought me a 2003 Silver Lancer. I am not too fussed about cars though, as long as it has, air conditioning, spoiler, tinted windows and automatic windows and a CD Player, I'm fine.

Toe Knee

HSC
does anyone have a V*8 in here? or any older holdens or fords (apart from that fairlane)? my best mate and i both have '77 toranas. in a few years we be racing them for a club but for now we are both doing rebuilds. his is the SL/R, mines the SL, but soon hopefully it wont matter! big 350 Chev is on the drawing board. big job for me, but hey its fun!
old cars, classic cars? anyone? none of these new @fandangles@! get sumthing you can work on yourself! trust me its great!

VX1-08U

Nope, just a V6 ... would like an V8 tho ... who knows, maybe in the near future.
I like the SL/R 5000 or even better, the A9X.

My mate has a HQ 308 GTS Monaro, turbo 400 gearbox ... nice car.

SlipStream

HSC

Bling Bling, baby.

Look at my totally ill 20" chromies on my Civic, mate.

(I wish I could be this guy...)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)