Career in science and studying science in uni? ADVICE NEEDED (1 Viewer)

cintaurus

HSC
Hi I am trying to decide whether I should study science or business in University but the thing is, I don't know if the science industry is a good prospect to get employment in after I graduate, I don't mind studying business though (but I'm more interested in economics) but anyway, those studying science atm and those who've graduated with a job in the science industry, what are your thoughts?

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Science doesn't have an incredible job market but it's not extremely bad like pharmacy and some other fields. If you're really worried, you might be able to do something like a BA in Economics and a science subject which can open doors in both fields, if that's what you're into.

cintaurus

HSC
So what are you planning to do with your science degree after you graduate? :)
I'll consider combining those though :)

enoilgam

HSC
Hi I am trying to decide whether I should study science or business in University but the thing is, I don't know if the science industry is a good prospect to get employment in after I graduate, I don't mind studying business though (but I'm more interested in economics) but anyway, those studying science atm and those who've graduated with a job in the science industry, what are your thoughts?
There are options available with a basic science degree in a variety of industries. Keep in mind, a lot of graduate programs these days simply require a bachelor's degree of any discipline as the requisite qualification. Also, if you invest time in professional development throughout uni, then you would have a good chance of gaining employment in quite a few fields.

nothing is bad as arts
As I said before, if you engage in professional development throughout uni, you can do a lot with almost any degree. Too be perfectly honest, a Commerce student with just a degree on their CV is far less employable than an Arts student who has done a lot of relevant stuff throughout uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)