Captains Club (1 Viewer)

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
SilentKnight said:
This threads been dead for a while....

I'm a prefect at St Mary's Cathedral in Sydney, yep, just a normal prefect.

Basically I've just helped out around the place, but we've just been through Lent where our school backs Project Compassion. Our Captain came up with the idea of getting our principal to shave his head (he got this idea from a Captains meeting thing in Brisbane). Over all, i didn't expect this to make a difference. although, we convinced him to shave off his moustache (which he's had for 27 years or thereabouts) if we reached $12000, a total I'm pretty sure hasn't been met before. The highest I remember is around $10000. Anywho, he stalled until about halfway through the collecting period when we were on $4000. At this stage, it looked hopeless to reach 12000. In the end we made it nicely, collecting nearly $13000 using one casual clothes day, two gold coin days, a barbeque and miscelleaneous posters saying "The mo has to go." or "This moustache represents world poverty." (We had daily collections from each homeroom, and we have around 743 people in the school. And yes, I did pull that number out of my ass)

Basically, we collected $13000 in 40 days. If you're having some kind of drive, never underestimate the impact of a teacher making a fool of themselves for a certain price. This is probably the main time of the year that our school really pulls together, because it is something that is done throughout all the years.

What we also have is Year 12 jerseys. I've seen them in heaps of schools, but i was wondering just how many schools actually do this? It is a great way to build school pride, because everyone in the younger years looks forward to getting one.

And the big topic for everyone - Year 12 formals? How are you going about it at your school?
our school does it... Fairvale High School in Fairfield West... i dunt think many of the schools in our area do it... but yeh our school does!! hehe

SilentKnight

HSC
Our teachers were crazy about having no incentive for people to give to Project Compassion. The idea is that people should give out of the goodness of their hearts....We convinced them otherwise, somehow.

Mr. Sab - any idea how much you guys average every year? And with how many students?

Congrats Champ_Sammy. How are you disabled? I'm curious, but you don't have to answer if you don't want to. How was your Prefect year? I'm halfway in and I'm hanging in the balance of HSC and Prefectliness.

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
Thanks!

Mr. Sabuncuoglu said:
proud of you champ! we need ppl like you in this world, you remind me of my brother's friend and he's a champion and so are you!!
so kudos to you and keep up what ur doing!
:)
I did it not for the attention, but because I knew that I was capable of doing those things, disability or not and I wasn't going to let anything get in my way. No one can stop you if you believe that you can do it then do so. The only limitation is your mind! :D :uhhuh: :D

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
we average altogethr prolly like $7000 in fundraising across all the school.... our school doesnt support outside charities like red nose day or something... cuz previosly we keep on gettin losses money keeps on disappearing... but ummz we give to salvation army etc.. duke of edinburgh support (me) we raised like 2000 well i did!! hehe for my gold duke of ed trip... going next week thursday so should b good, im a prefect atm... but hopefulli if nothing goes wrong one day ill become the captain!!! hehe :) got some good ideas for my school... how's ur src running?
next term we r going on an exchange to a school in orange so that should b good 2...

as for champ_sammy, you got a way with ur words :) very impressed, what are you doing nowadays? finished hsc ? hear from u both soon :)

take care

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
Mr. Sabuncuoglu said:
as for champ_sammy, you got a way with ur words :) very impressed, what are you doing nowadays? finished hsc ? hear from u both soon :)

take care
Yes, very proud to say that the hsc is over for me and with that I was the first student in my school to take on a full mainstream HSC. Reciving school commendation awards for 3 out of 5 of my subjects (Eng standard, Food Technology & German beginners) along with school services to debating and a principals award for efforts on the hsc.
This yr after not getting into uni, I was selected by Bathurst Tafe to do welfare/social work and I love it!!! :) :cool: :D

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
:) congratulations sammy!!!! if u seek for something u desire you will get it!! :p
are you interested in welfare? and bathurst is a beautiful place i know some friends that go to the uni there but their studyin journalism... either way its a big effort for you... and dude u got alot of awards!!!!! lolz had the anzac day ceremony and my principal offered me this director general thingy??? have no idea atm but wil find out begining of next term... if any knows of the director general thingy... please enlighten me!! :)

ciao

Regards Mr. Sabuncuoglu

krabby_me

Footy Fan (go cats)
HSC
Snobby??

I dont mean to sound rude, but i was wondering if all the prefects at the various schools are stuck up and snobby. The school i attend has a lot of prefects who think they are above us 'commoners'.
A word of advice "Respect everyone and they will respect you". I dont respect anyone unless they respect me, and that goes for prefects as well.

trekkie

HSC
Hey, i was school captian of Irrawang High School for 04 and headed the Senior student executive council, im bored at the moment so i thought that id join this motly lil group,also i highly encourage the disbandment of all SRC groups, more serious issues are dealt with in Australian parliament than any SRC groups, and thats saying something

stainmepink

HSC
thorrnydevil said:
If I was you, I'd speak to the Principal or SRC co-ordinator about possibly getting more powers to punish the kids who do misbehave. If you don't get any respect now, then something needs to be done. OR, maybe you could give rewards to the kids who do behave good in the lines, e.g. a free lunch, a special canteen line etc. Thats what I'd dop anyway...but then again, I don't have to do "canteen duties"

I hope it helped!

no! fuck off! the src should remain powerless!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)