Can't stay focused. (1 Viewer)

Aysce

HSC
Hello everyone! Well from the title of this thread, it is difficult for me to be able to stay focused in all subjects apart from maths (which I know SpiralFlex strongly supports :) ). So are there any tips that can keep me on task? I tend to become sidetracked when I become stuck on something and usually end up back on facebook or BOS :/. Help would be appreciated!

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Hello everyone! Well from the title of this thread, it is difficult for me to be able to stay focused in all subjects apart from maths (which I know SpiralFlex strongly supports :) ). So are there any tips that can keep me on task? I tend to become sidetracked when I become stuck on something and usually end up back on facebook or BOS :/. Help would be appreciated!
Go to the library or find a room with no doors and no windows.

HSC
OP, I have the exact same problem as you (except I can't even focus to do math). I'm going to go to the local library starting this term to do my homework. I think this will ensure that you have a nice, quiet environment with minimal distractions. I find it hella hard to stay home and just... work. I'll always without fail end up on the internet :haha:

Yeah. Try a library. Or get a study buddy.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
OP, I have the exact same problem as you (except I can't even focus to do math). I'm going to go to the local library starting this term to do my homework. I think this will ensure that you have a nice, quiet environment with minimal distractions. I find it hella hard to stay home and just... work. I'll always without fail end up on the internet :haha:

That can either be the greatest thing you do or the worst. I had one once and needless to say he just talked to me for the whole time. :L

Apart from the advice here, try and make a rigid timetable (with times allocated for homework, study and rest). It's much easier than just spontaneously thinking "now might be a good time to study". Also much more efficient in what you get done.

Also study smart. If you just read BS which has little to do with what you're being assessed on, then you're probably taking in too much information to actually stay focused for what you need. (unless you're just reading for leisure).

Happy studying :)

Aysce

HSC

Haha yeah agreed, when I study at home I just cbf..

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Get yourself banned from bos, cut the internet wires, and that's most of your problem solved, then you're left with nothing to do so you may as well study... it works.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I tried studying with a study buddy. They immediately left once they saw me. Spiral has never been the same since.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I think it just means that you need to break down your study into smaller chunks. See how long you can concentrate for, say 45 minutes. Separate your study into 45 minute chunks. After each 45 minutes, take a 10-15 minute break. Go to the loo, internet, eat something, go for a walk, whatever. Then get back into it.

It is very difficult to concentrate for long periods of time, so work with what your brain wants to do.

ALTERNATIVELY find a friend with ADD. They might be able to sell you some study tips =P

Aysce

HSC
I think it just means that you need to break down your study into smaller chunks. See how long you can concentrate for, say 45 minutes. Separate your study into 45 minute chunks. After each 45 minutes, take a 10-15 minute break. Go to the loo, internet, eat something, go for a walk, whatever. Then get back into it.

It is very difficult to concentrate for long periods of time, so work with what your brain wants to do.

ALTERNATIVELY find a friend with ADD. They might be able to sell you some study tips =P
Haha thanks! Im going to try your method :) plus no, believe it or not I have done it before and I nearly broke down in rage.

Aysce

HSC

Haha thanks! Im going to try your method :) plus no, believe it or not I have done it before and I nearly broke down in rage.

Aysce

HSC
Taking study too seriously...
Doing it to 'slay' the monster which is the antagonist of my current life. The HSC. By the way, I was talking about helping my friend lawl.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)