cancel SC (1 Viewer)

supre

HSC
is it true that our year is the last to do the SC and from next year the yr10 will just do half yearly and yearly exams and then go to yr11.
:jedi:

firstneg

HSC
I believe that this is a rumor, although i wouldn't dismiss it due to the government's new regulations of being in education until 17 and the hand out of the laptops in their 'Education Revolution'

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The official word from the state government is the SC will continue.
The new leaving age regulations even refer to having a SC as one of the requirements.

It will need new legislation.

It will probably continue until we get a national certificate at that point and with the National Curriculum in English, Maths, Science and History to begin being rolled out in 2011 it is possible that by about 2014 or so there will be a National certificate at the completion of compulsory education rather than each state having their own one now.

The following link is to a section on the Board of Studies website

Board of Studies News: Official Notice - Stimulus booklet in English-literacy School Certificate test

with the following words:

In 2009 and beyond,

which would indicate that the SC is to continue.

In addition a couple of years ago when NAPLAN was introduced the NSW BOS made it clear that there was no intention to drop the SC and I haven't heard of anything to change that idea since then.

Last edited:

jeshxcore

Premium Member :)
HSC
my english tutor said that they have been talking about taking the sc off since the 70s.. so its very unlikely it will happen.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
sc doesn't really matter. I'm more concerned with the changes in the maths syllabi after 2010.

NoFaceValue

HSC
As has already been said, it's not going to happen.

Our year level (2011) was told that befause of the NAPLAN tests, we would not have to do the SC. But look what's happened? We're still doing it, just as previous students have.

Although I'd love to believe that the Australian government is adding these tests as a replacement, the truth is, they're just here to give us more work than ever before.

HSC
my english tutor said that they have been talking about taking the sc off since the 70s.. so its very unlikely it will happen.
So true... they said the same thing last year as well, and it never happened. I wouldn't count on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)