Can you take Panadol before exams? (1 Viewer)

strawberryswing

HSC
I know this probably seems like a stupid question because panadol doesn't affect what you're writing in an exam, but I wanted to make sure because i get headaches so easily (especially when I stress), can you take panadol before exams?
Also, what about stress remedy drops (Bach flower ones)?
Thank you

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
I would tend to advise against this..

However being hydrated is essential! Making sure you drink lots of the water the night before, and lot's of water before about 10.30am. After that, try to limit your drinking. This will give you enough time to pee before the exam (as there are no breaks cos its 2 hours) and you will be well hydrated, minimising your chance of getting a headache.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
No exam has breaks.

Of course you can take panadol. You are not drug tested lol. In-fact, if you really wanted too you could take any legal or illicit drug. So long as you don't start singing Kumbaya and running around in the exam room during the exam, no one cares.

This is actually a very interesting dilemma though. Taking performance enhancing drugs in sport is made illegal by sporting governing organisations. However, currently there is no code of ethics or rules against taking academic performance enhancing drugs before an exam. This will almost certainly change in the future.

stillthinkin

HSC
Don't take panadols they can make you drowsy and you don't want that in the exam, you can however take rescue remedy before the exam, its a nature remedy to prevent stress and panic attacks you can get it at priceline :p

freeeeee

HSC
Take panadol before you get to sleep, i dont recommend taking it like 1hr before the exam starts

mike12345678

HSC
ive heard people taking things like this as a pain reliever so that they can keep writing without feeling pain in their hands

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
I'm planning on downing a bottle of cough syrup at about 12.30 - Hallucinate on the DXM and use that as inspiration to write a creative.

ive heard people taking things like this as a pain reliever so that they can keep writing without feeling pain in their hands
Dickheads in my grade tried that in the half yearly. Except they didn't use a pain reliever - they used some cream that was basically a mild anaesthetic. They could hardly hold their pens.

strawberryswing

HSC
Thank you, I'll try my best not to stress so I wont get a headache :)

Seriously? That's one of the weirdest things I've ever heard, I don't think that would be that effective. :/

madharris

HSC
N/A
If you get headaches from stress, maybe you could get some of those natural less stress lollies. I don't know if they work though

enoilgam

HSC
There is no rule banning you from taking over-the-counter drugs before an exam. Also, as far as I know, you can take medication prescribed to before the exam as well without notifying the BoS.

HSC
I have to take it since i have achilles tendinitis and bursitis.. guess from the advice i should take it now.

Alkanes

HSC
Took my daily fish oil capsules like i do every morning :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)