Can you do 4 majors and still lead an active life? (1 Viewer)

13abie

HSC
Im interested in doing 4 majors in the Commerce/Science Degree at usyd over 5 years.
For Science I would do Psychology/Neuroscience and for Commerce I was thinking Finance/econonometrics.
Career wise im looking towards investment banking but I want to keep my options very very very open

Is this doable over 5 years? I still want to play lots of sport, have a job, have a social life and go on exchange, so if I would have to give up all of those Id rather just do something like commerce (liberal studies) and do 3 majors over 4 years.

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
1. you do 4 subjects a semester normally, regardless of what degree
2. commerce/science is pretty chillaxd
3. 4 majors is stupid, its not the number of majors you have, its how well you do in those majors
4. just do straight commerce/commerce sci/com lib, obtain HD average, do the shit you want to do, secure IB positions

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
You can't do 4 majors. No uni is going to let you.

izzy88

HSC
As people have said, you generally can't do 4 majors in a combined degree. You will only do 4 subjects a semester no matter what you do, and or majors you need a particular number of subjects, which you generally can't fit in with a combined degree. I'm not sure how commerce/science works, but for arts law at USYD I could only do one major- I didn't have enough other subjects to make up a second major, because I was doing law subjects as well. If you want to do four majors, you will have to do the degrees separately, ie a bachelor of science (3 years) then a bachelor of commerce (3 years).

xV1P3R

HSC
As people have said, you generally can't do 4 majors in a combined degree. You will only do 4 subjects a semester no matter what you do, and or majors you need a particular number of subjects, which you generally can't fit in with a combined degree. I'm not sure how commerce/science works, but for arts law at USYD I could only do one major- I didn't have enough other subjects to make up a second major, because I was doing law subjects as well. If you want to do four majors, you will have to do the degrees separately, ie a bachelor of science (3 years) then a bachelor of commerce (3 years).
Unless you overload/take summer classes in which case more majors are possible.

Aussie-Alex

HSC
I'm doing four majors. Well, two majors and a double major, but I could make that four single majors if I wanted to.
Wow. Is it stressful? Are you at uni a lot more than others? Is your life still balanced? Or does it consume your life?

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
Wow. Is it stressful? Are you at uni a lot more than others? Is your life still balanced? Or does it consume your life?
Um... I still do four courses per semester, so it's no different really... I just don't do much by way of electives outside my faculty though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)