Can you be enrolled in two unis at once? What happens and how do I do it? (1 Viewer)

asquith

HSC
Is it possible to be enrolled in two unis at once, whereby you accept two offers, defer one or have one as part time...I know its frowned upon by universities but is it possible?

The uac center or the insitution who handles hecs-debts will be the only ones who know you are enrolled in two unis. But the independent universities won't.
Is there anyone who is doing this or knows someone else who is doing it?

pman

Banned
HSC
Is it possible to be enrolled in two unis at once, whereby you accept two offers, defer one or have one as part time...I know its frowned upon by universities but is it possible?

The uac center or the insitution who handles hecs-debts will be the only ones who know you are enrolled in two unis. But the independent universities won't.
Is there anyone who is doing this or knows someone else who is doing it?
I don't think you can and even if you could, you really wouldn't want to

witide

HSC
I've been enrolled at three unis, but only two at a time, so yes it's certainly possible. I wouldn't recommend actually studying at two at the same time though.

RDX

one8seven
HSC
Uni Grad
I have a friend who did this. It didn't last long, discontinued from one course after 2 weeks.

Andi0390

HSC
It is possible and fair few people do it. Although, you have to gain permission from both universities to do this. In my experience, most people do this for courses they do not have at their original university. For example my friend did a BSc at ANU and in his Honours year (or final year or something - not sure) he also enrolled at UC to start a Dip. Ed.

I don't really know why someone would want to do two universities. It sounds like a lot of hassle to me. You cannot defer and study somewhere else. If they university does find out your enrollment is void. If both universities were to find out you could end up with nothing.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Is it possible to somehow do 2 double degrees which are not set up double degrees by the uni?

Eg. Eco & IT @ UNSW, even tho its not a set double degree, can you still do it somehow?

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Is it possible to somehow do 2 double degrees which are not set up double degrees by the uni?

Eg. Eco & IT @ UNSW, even tho its not a set double degree, can you still do it somehow?
You would most likely have to do one and then the other. The reason there is set double degrees is because in a double degree you do less subjects than you would doing two separate degrees as some subjects count for the other degree. E.g. arts/law separate would be 6 years, double is 5 because a few law subjects also counted as law electives.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
You would most likely have to do one and then the other. The reason there is set double degrees is because in a double degree you do less subjects than you would doing two separate degrees as some subjects count for the other degree. E.g. arts/law separate would be 6 years, double is 5 because a few law subjects also counted as law electives.

I see what you mean, guess i'll stick to Com/Eco then.

gouge.away

MonCœurS'ouvre à taVoix
HSC
N/A
Many uni's offer this with TAFE, for example a bachelor of commerce, majoring in tourism or something, and you get a diploma of tourism as well.
so tafe wouldn't really count as cross-instutitional study?

OT: so does this mean that i can do a business traineeship while i'm deferring?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)