Can you accelerate in Year 11? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Like do the HSC course in Prelim? And if you are, does it count towards your ATAR and HSC?

Alkanes

HSC
Yes you can but depends on your school. It can count to your HSC and ATAR if you wish and you believe that it's a solid mark.

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad
I accelerated 2U Maths last year. Sat the HSC, scored 95. But it won't count towards my ATAR because I do 4U now. I don't know what you mean by "count towards HSC".
Accelerating 2U was a school thing. 80 accelerated it last year. Others also accelerated Modern History, Music 1, Music 2, Geography, and Business Studies.

Gigacube

HSC
Yes, you can do a HSC subject while you are still in preliminary but you must have done the preliminary course for that subject in year 10.

Any subject you accelerate will count towards your ATAR and HSC.

People who accelerate also have an advantage as they can drop down to 8 units or less depending on how many subjects they have accelerated.

I don't know what you mean by "count towards HSC".
What OP means is will it contribute 1 or 2 units towards your HSC?

Last edited:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Yeah, at my school, there are multiple opportunities to accelerate - as Sir R Sole said, about 80% of Yr 11 accelerate in Maths, and other people accelerate in Modern History, Geography, PDHPE, Business Studies, and Legal Studies.

I accelerated in Business and Legal and Maths. Yeah, it can be good at alleviating some of your stress in Yr 12. Are you less focused on the HSC, because it's one subject? Maybe. Is it worth it? Yeah. Good to see what the HSC is like before actually doing the HSC.

HSC
We only have maths for 2U and pretty much everyone is doing X2 anyway...lol

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Yes you can acceerate and yes it goes towards your HSC

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah it does go towards your HSC. I know a year 9 who is doing Year 11 Japanese Continuers, same with two Year 10 girls who are doing Year 11 Polish & German Continuers. Also met a year 10 girl who is doing Business Studies and got into Art Extension at NAS that is for year 11s. It's possible doing it in year 11 & it does go towards your ATAR mark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)