every me
HSC
yeah but u could die b4 cancer ever had a chance to kill you

im just saying in the grand scheme of things its pretty pointless

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I've seen both the physical and non-physical effects smoking has on the body, no thanks.

X

xeuyrawp

jellybeenz said:
It is not polite to say "smoking will kill you" or "its a filthy and unhealthy habit" or "that is so disgusting, you smell like smoke".... Keep your opinions to yourself. Nobody likes to be told what to do and you aren't saying anything a smoker hasn't heard before or read on the goddam packet.
firstly, those people fall in one of two groups. Nice people that care for the world, or selfish people. In any case, you should be either glad that people care for you, or remember the fact that if I FART INFRONT OF YOUR FACE< AND THEN WAFT IT TOWARDS YOU IN CONTINUOUS PUFFS< YOU"D BE SHITTY TOO!@ WHAT WOUDL YOU SAY!>!!?!?

*sorry*. little overboard.

jellybeenz

HSC
Dude... I'm talking about strangers who out of the blue come up to you, people who were nowhere near you and tell you that you shouldnt smoke... I'm also talking about people who instead of asking you to move while you are smoking just decide to tell you that you are going to die... I'm just saying its not nice to say things like that, whereas its completely ok to ask people to move or put out a cigarette if its bothering you...

X

xeuyrawp

jellybeenz said:
Dude... I'm talking about strangers who out of the blue come up to you, people who were nowhere near you and tell you that you shouldnt smoke... I'm also talking about people who instead of asking you to move while you are smoking just decide to tell you that you are going to die... I'm just saying its not nice to say things like that, whereas its completely ok to ask people to move or put out a cigarette if its bothering you...
do you tell them off? I would. If it's not directly wafting their way, they have no right to tell you to stop.

S

Shuter

jellybeenz said:
For non-smokers, I just would like to say, you have a right to not be exposed to smoke, you do not, however, have a right to comment upon another persons choice to smoke.

It is not polite to say "smoking will kill you" or "its a filthy and unhealthy habit" or "that is so disgusting, you smell like smoke".... Keep your opinions to yourself. Nobody likes to be told what to do and you aren't saying anything a smoker hasn't heard before or read on the goddam packet.
Hmmm, let me just point out that NONE of those quotes you said are telling you what to do. All of them are merely informing you of facts. Seems like you're so addicted you don't want to face the true facts behind smoking? Oh I'm sure you've heard them all before, but you try to subconciously ignore them so you cna have another puff. Here they are again:

Smoking WILL kill you.
Smoking will cause a huge risk of deforming your baby, even if you stop during pregnancy.
It is filthy and unhealthy, your lungs are filling with tar.
You are distgusting, you smell like smoke and it makes every single non smoker repulsed by it.
Smoking makes you less fit.

Now I haven't told you what to do at all, if you think I've told you what to do, then it seems the facts are overwhelming for what the RIGHT choice to make is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)