Can some1 please help me to get a part time job in sydney? (1 Viewer)

OhMaJuck

HSC
hi i'm 17 years old male and this year will be my hsc year and i need to make little allowances so i can help out with my tutor fees.

i live near strathsfield and i want a job in retails (cloths will be great),fast food (no maacas or kfc or hungry jacks somewheres bit special)

can some1 please help me out with a part time job...please
i've tried couple of times but no luck

i want a job to work after skools like 3days a week as part time

any1 noe any part time jobs?

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
i dotn think u can get parttime job while yuor still at school. you should look into casual jobs.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
OhMaJuck said:
hi i'm 17 years old male and this year will be my hsc year and i need to make little allowances so i can help out with my tutor fees.

i live near strathsfield and i want a job in retails (cloths will be great),fast food (no maacas or kfc or hungry jacks somewheres bit special)

can some1 please help me out with a part time job...please
i've tried couple of times but no luck

i want a job to work after skools like 3days a week as part time

any1 noe any part time jobs?
Hey I'm in Strathfield trying to find a parttime job stay out of it :p LOL

No just have a resume with you when u go shopping...i went to westfield last week and three clothes shops had vacancies good luck :)

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
haha, that's so true. i've been having a resume handy practically everywhere i go for the past month, in the car, in my bag etc etc, even on a flash drive. what you can also do is go to seek.com.au and apply for jobs you like. also, look in your local newspaper, there are always heaps of jobs you can apply for, that's how i got my job.

also, a little FOOTNOTE, if you're gonna be doing your hsc this year, plus tutoring, plus a job, i think itll be a little too much for you or for anyone else for that matter. you might wanna rethink geting a job now, ask you parents to pay for your tution services and then pay them back after hsc by working then. just a suggestion

Last edited:

Lundy

Banned
HSC
It's entirely possible to juggle work and school during the HSC year.

Undertoad

HSC
Depends if u wanna do well in the HSC. You could get a job at the end of the year and pay ure parents or whoever back. or u could get youth allowence from centerlink

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
getting youth allowance from centrelink isn't as easy as it sounds. there's so much you have to go through and there are heaps of conditions. if your parents get sufficient money to support you, you're gonna get close to nothing.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Undertoad said:
Depends if u wanna do well in the HSC. You could get a job at the end of the year and pay ure parents or whoever back. or u could get youth allowence from centerlink
I did very well in my HSC and I worked a part-time job the entire year. It's all about time management.

Undertoad

HSC
Lundy said:
I did very well in my HSC and I worked a part-time job the entire year. It's all about time management.
I dont have a problem with time management but a lot of people i know had trouble managing a job as well. I guess it just takes a bit away from ure leisure time.

klh

HSC
i can only reccomend seek or all else fails, go to an employment agency and try them out, usually there is alot of manufacturing work in the west sydney area, or office work [if you have experience]. i applied everywhere and considered centrlink/employment agency path until i go succesful in an interview and i just received training and awating my shift, so just try and try, persistance is the key as well as performance in interviews. ofcourse if youre looking for jobs near to you than youre limiting yourself unless your area has plenty og jobs...

HSC
You guys must have bad luck D: I got my first 2 jobs on first try, never tried anywhere else

Tuna

HSC
N/A
The candiature and the resume may look awesome but they may need a reality re-check.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)