Can my sister do HSC at the age of 9? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

btx3

HSC
Uni Grad
as if nobody can tell that this guy is omed/sathius/secant/streetboy

financialwar

HSC
N/A

mbroky

HSC
Let he stay in primary school and complete it while you can tutor her in stuff. She'll need the foundations for life skills (making friends, manners, communication etc.) that are developed in primary school. When she reaches HS, she could do just one HSC course per year, so Japanese in y7, Chinese in y8, Math in y9, Economics in y10 and English in y11. In year 12 she can do maybe 2 subjects/courses and in between, she could go to university. At my school, there was a student who did HSC maths in like y9 and did extensions in y10 and now he is in y11 doing extension courses and doing university in between classes (he has only a couple of subjects this year as he has completed so many units already). If you put her in high school now, she'll have no friends and will make no friends because of the minimum 3 years age gap. Also, there us no school certificate in y10 anymore.

financialwar

HSC
N/A
I understand the social concern, that is also the main concern the enrollment officer at one of the candidate school.

JohnMaximus

shepherd of the people
HSC
>is training prodigal son (oops I mean daughter (double oops there's no such thing))
>goes to online forum to ask a cohort who barely scrape into degree at age 18 ("standard" smart people) for advice

Hahahahahahhahaha-choo
Oops, I'm allergic to bullshit.

TheGreatest99.95

Premium Member
HSC
Good luck getting a good mark in English. Maths and science is only some of the battle. If she fails English, good bye prodigy child in the HSC

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
only in B.Arts or B.Social Science? I think she would prefer something more solid and quantitative like B.Fin/B.ACST.
Because universities want to produce research prodigies in arts or science, not to turn them into uber bankers.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Good luck getting a good mark in English. Maths and science is only some of the battle. If she fails English, good bye prodigy child in the HSC
lolwat.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...est-university-student-just-12-years-old.html

If your a math prodigy they could give less of a shit about linguistic capabilities.

Three options for your sister

1. she becomes uber child prodigy and lives an awesome academic life
2. she becomes ted kazynsky 2.0 and starts killing people and goes nuts
3. she goes full will hunting and burns out and doesn't want to do shit

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad

financialwar

HSC
N/A
lolwat.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...est-university-student-just-12-years-old.html

If your a math prodigy they could give less of a shit about linguistic capabilities.

Three options for your sister

1. she becomes uber child prodigy and lives an awesome academic life
2. she becomes ted kazynsky 2.0 and starts killing people and goes nuts
3. she goes full will hunting and burns out and doesn't want to do shit

Option 2 and 3 only applies when if she comes from a white family.

For an Asian family, I see only one option for my sister.

HSC > G8 > JD > Investment banking > Ivy League MBA > Hedge fund > marry some Jewish banker.

Any deviation I'll personally give her a hiding.

So, please stop with all these Western "children's needs individuality crap". Because last time I checked, she has monolids, black eyes, a flat nose and eat rice with chopsticks.

Last edited:

enoilgam

HSC
This thread was fun whilst it lasted, but it's now clearly evident that it was a troll. Besides, it seems like any opportunity for reasonable discussion has passed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)