Can I immediately defer if I transfer universities? (1 Viewer)

GL1001

HSC
I'm trying to transfer into ANU, but I've been thinking that if I'm accepted, perhaps I should try to defer and take a gap year working with the army.

Will I be able to defer after accepting? Is there a limit to how long this deference will last?

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
why dont you just go become an officer at adfa.

D94

HSC
N/A
I'm trying to transfer into ANU, but I've been thinking that if I'm accepted, perhaps I should try to defer and take a gap year working with the army.

Will I be able to defer after accepting? Is there a limit to how long this deference will last?
The Army is a commitment, whether it's 1 year or 40 years. You don't just sign up and be on your way. There is a rigorous process involved, and you should have started this a few months ago since it can take 6 months for each round of applicants.

What do you plan to do in the Army? From what you've said, you're looking into a Soldier (non-technical/other ranks) role since Officer roles are not just 1 year long.

As obvious/useless as this may seem, you should contact ANU - they will provide the most useful administrative answers.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Not ready for the commitment. I'd like to do a gap year and get myself sorted
gap year is highly competitive btw, especially considering the amount of people who apply vs the slots... its about 5000 apps to 400 spots.

You're not going infantry in only one year. You'd most likely be training the whole time. It takes one full year to train anyone in the army. Or just become a reservist instead of doing gap year.

GL1001

HSC
gap year is highly competitive btw, especially considering the amount of people who apply vs the slots... its about 5000 apps to 400 spots.

You're not going infantry in only one year. You'd most likely be training the whole time. It takes one full year to train anyone in the army. Or just become a reservist instead of doing gap year.
Reserves only requires 28 days training (more if you want to be an officer or learn infantry).

But you're right. It is highly competitive.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Reserves only requires 28 days training (more if you want to be an officer or learn infantry).

But you're right. It is highly competitive.
ehhh it's a bit more than that. you do basic and then you ship to whatever job role you get to train (mechanic, infantry, etc etc) and it's 120 days a year normally for reservist service. If you do reserve officer training while in uni they fix the time up so that you train during your uni breaks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)