Can anyone access the uws website at the moment? (1 Viewer)

Jacks

HSC
I'm guessing the server is down guys...just be patient and keep trying it should all be fixed soon...and maybe when it's up again first years will finally be able to log-in to their student mail? :rolleyes:

juventino

Juventus For Life
HSC
I'm Bored to the skull....i read the booklet things they gave us at enrolement day like three times over.

Dumdida

HSC
N/A
juventino said:
I'm Bored to the skull....i read the booklet things they gave us at enrolement day like three times over.
lol. yeah same here i think i've memorized most of the concepts by now! i've done all the reading but now i need to do them things on thier website, WHEN it gets up evennntuallyyy...

Jacks

HSC
ok well the site is now accessible (if you haven't already noticed) so give it a go, it should now be business as normal…so, juventino you should be able to view your timetable now. :)

Dumdida

HSC
N/A
platformweb isnt up yet...webmail isnt working yet either....hmmm i'm guessing that they are overloading the databases still with all the new student data....

Jacks

HSC
juventino said:
Something somewhere said that u have to enrol for tutorials...whats the go with that?
No worries, are you referring to tutorial registration? These is a whole section on how that works on the webpage, and also another thread detailing instructions, what you need to do etc.

Jacks

HSC
the website itself is up, though you can't log-in to platform web. It's probably because they are organising stuff and getting everything ready etc...you will be able to log-in come tutorial registration, though if you couldn't it wouldn't matter because no one else would be able to either ;)

michelleanne

HSC
juventino said:
Why do we have to register for tutorials anyway?
tutoral registrations are very important.

During your enrolment you would hae enrolled in four particular subjects for your degree.

Each of those subjects have a timetable that lists lecture and tutorial times. And pracs or seminars if thats what is included in your subjects.

To view the timtable go to: http://platformweb.uws.edu.au/pweb_tt/start.asp?yr=2005

to get the timetable for each of the subjects, you need a subject name or the subject number/code.......... from there you can devise a draft timetable for youself.... picking the times that suit you and where you dont have any clashes..... generally you pick one lecture and one tutorial.......however this can vary depending on your subjects.

Tutorial registration.........

look at the following for info:
http://www.uws.edu.au/students/stuadmin/tut_reg

Tutorial registrations enable you to pick the class times you want for each subject online...... this is the way its done for everyone......... the day and time of yout tut registration will depend on the school where your subjects are from. The above info page has all the info.....

tut registrations are done through platform web.... http://platformweb.uws.edu.au/

To have access to platform web you need to activate your account (i suggest doing this asap): https://myuwsaccount.uws.edu.au/
this creates passwords etc for you to use....

now, with tut registrations... try to devise a draft timetable for yourself so when its your time you know what class you want........ saves precious time trying to figure this out and you will prob get the class you want..... log in to platform web (tutorial registration link) at lesat 10min before your registrations open and refresh every few minutes....... this is the best way to do it because otherwise you dont get into the site and popular tuts go quick.......otherwise you will get into whatever is left...

even though you are enrolled it doesn't mean you are registered for particular classes...... if all goes well and there are no delays you should be done in about an hour - earlier if its quick.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)