Campbelltown or Parramatta Campus-Urgent Help (1 Viewer)

Aloshan

Leave School
HSC
Hi all

I need some urgent advice. I have two offers this year to study Bachelor of Computing at UWS Parramatta and UWS Campbelltown. Transport time from my house is about the same at either campus, so Im not sure which offer to take.

My question is, which campus do I pick?

Where are the best teachers, the best people, the best facilities and best overall atmosphere? Are the computing teachers and computing facilities better, worse or the same?

Thanks in advance to anybody who can offer ANY kind of advice

Aloshan

Notbothered

HSC
well what about the hawkesbury campus...what is the teaching quality like there ?

Aloshan

Leave School
HSC
Thanks guys, keep the advice coming , Id like to get an overall general view of the perceptions of both campuses by what the majority of the people say...unless someone has pure hard statistics as to which campus is better....

Timbo650

Supposed to be studying
HSC
N/A
zimmerman8k said:
Thats about all the information we can give. Everything else would just be our personal experiences. I suggest you work out which campus is actually easiest to get to. If you're using public transport, look at the frequencies of the services, it can make a huge difference to the actual travel time. Even 5 - 10 mins a day will make a difference.
The coffee at Parra is universally crap. To the point where I am probably going to take a thermos this year!!

Aloshan

Leave School
HSC
zimmerman8k said:
Thats about all the information we can give. Everything else would just be our personal experiences. I suggest you work out which campus is actually easiest to get to. If you're using public transport, look at the frequencies of the services, it can make a huge difference to the actual travel time. Even 5 - 10 mins a day will make a difference.

Thats what I want as well - personal experiences from different people which will allow me to gain on overall perception of both campuses.

RabbitRabbit

HSC
N/A
Timbo650 said:
The coffee at Parra is universally crap. To the point where I am probably going to take a thermos this year!!
That's why you stop by gloria jeans before going to uni!!

To know what its going to be like, you really need to visit the campuses yourself first. I know people who did computing who transferred to Campelltown campus (from Parra) simply because the campus is nicer looking :. better atmosphere.

Personally, Parra is Ok if you just want to just study there and go home. The people there are ok as well. Generally I think the people there are more brighter/nerdier/competitive. But that's only my experience in the business school.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
zimmerman8k said:
Extremely shit. It is literally a farm in the middle of nowhere, with one or two buildings chucked on it.
Bastard, but it's true it's just an old ag college revamped into a uni in the middle of a sheep paddock.

Aloshan said:
Hi all

I need some urgent advice. I have two offers this year to study Bachelor of Computing at UWS Parramatta and UWS Campbelltown. Transport time from my house is about the same at either campus, so Im not sure which offer to take.

My question is, which campus do I pick?

Where are the best teachers, the best people, the best facilities and best overall atmosphere? Are the computing teachers and computing facilities better, worse or the same?

Thanks in advance to anybody who can offer ANY kind of advice

Aloshan
I think it's also important to consider what electives, majors you can do at both uni's and also availability. Unless their exactly the same.

Last edited:

Aloshan

Leave School
HSC
Wooz said:
Bastard, but it's true it's just an old ag college revamped into a uni in the middle of a sheep paddock.

I think it's also important to consider what electives, majors you can do at both uni's and also availability. Unless their exactly the same.

Everything is equal in the sense of electives and travel time. Its only the attributes of the university itself that differ. I wanted to know what those attributes were. Anyway I think im going with cam...let you guys know

Demandred

HSC
Go for Campbelltown, it has greater facilities and is a lot more greener than Parramatta. MacArthur Square Shopping is also across the train station along with some great restaurants and movies.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Oh yeh is Campbelltown UWS near the train station or do you have to catch a bus like parra?

Demandred said:
Go for Campbelltown, it has greater facilities and is a lot more greener than Parramatta. MacArthur Square Shopping is also across the train station along with some great restaurants and movies.
Hmm, i thought all benefactorships and bos man logo's were removed?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I've always loved the look of the Campbelltown campus from a distance, but I remember the Parramatta one being nicer on the inside.

As said, Campbelltown one is right next to a train station and Macarthur Square, which is always a good thing.

Aloshan

Leave School
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
As said, Campbelltown one is right next to a train station and Macarthur Square, which is always a good thing.
Yes , and Macarthur Square has Nando's, Greater Union Cinema and a games arcade. Decision made :)

HSC
it really does come down to where u live and what electives u want...

it really doesnt matter... as i have done subs at both campuses... parra science is alot more close knit than parra but thats my oppion

HSC
oops yeh thanks for pointing that out....

parra is closer than ctown... experienced both...

flamelily23

HSC
Timbo650 said:
hold on dawg the coffee @ parra is da best other campuses suckkkk:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)