Cadetships! (1 Viewer)

Vagabond

Machine
HSC
Well I've started to recieve calls.

Interview lined up with ARW CA, Group Assessment with BDO CA.

I'm disapointed though because apparently Ernst & Young sent their offers already. :'(

I really want PwC or KPMG...

Hows everyone else doing?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Congrats on scoring interviews. I'm trying to figure out why you put the names of the firm with CA at the end? Are they CA-exclusive firms?

As for E&Y... don't worry; I know the feeling of "All the EY people already have their offers" before alot of firms even commence interviews!

aileenli

HSC
Vagabond said:
Well I've started to recieve calls.

Interview lined up with ARW CA, Group Assessment with BDO CA.

I'm disapointed though because apparently Ernst & Young sent their offers already. :'(

I really want PwC or KPMG...

Hows everyone else doing?
yay! that means i'll be seeing u on tues! wat time r u on for BDO?

Vagabond

Machine
HSC
Heh. I just put CA on the end because thats their full name... ARW Chartered Accountants, etc. Some firms don't actually have CA in their name.

I'm there on Tuesday 4:15pm-7pm!

My names Anthony and I'm tall and old looking in Hurlstone uniform. lol.
If we're grouped together for the assessment we must bide and communicate well :p

About 3 other people from my school are going. We were pretty lucky.

And about EY... You know the feeling... If I haven't got an offer now while I know people who did does that mean I missed out or they just doing things one step at a time?...

:(

EY would be awesome. Right next to central station and walking distance to UTS.

Last edited:

aileenli

HSC
Vagabond said:
Heh. I just put CA on the end because thats their full name... ARW Chartered Accountants, etc. Some firms don't actually have CA in their name.

I'm there on Tuesday 4:15pm-7pm!

My names Anthony and I'm tall and old looking in Hurlstone uniform. lol.
If we're grouped together for the assessment we must bide and communicate well :p

About 3 other people from my school are going. We were pretty lucky.

And about EY... You know the feeling... If I haven't got an offer now while I know people who did does that mean I missed out or they just doing things one step at a time?...

:(

EY would be awesome. Right next to central station and walking distance to UTS.
okey...i'm bunking school and since my school uniform is pretty gross, i'll be wearing 'business attire' ie all the new stuff i bought on d weekend!!! so look out for me in the pink singlet.

wow thats a lot of people from ur school coming...i think i'm the only person from my school who could be bothered to apply...

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Haha it's funny if you get grouped with people you already know since the point of the group interviews is to see how you interact with new people.

aileenli

HSC
seremify007 said:
Haha it's funny if you get grouped with people you already know since the point of the group interviews is to see how you interact with new people.
meh...we'll keep it secret. no one need ever know....

vagabond, wat time r u gonna be there? just so i can guess...

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
You'd be wise to not wear school uniform!

Btw I think it's pretty hard to be grouped with ppl from your school because they organise you into groups beforehand for most of these things... interestingly enough, my best mate ended up in my group interview for PwC- and he was sitting next to me which made us very agreeable in convincing the rest of our 4-person table to do what we wanted!

Oh and one more thing as a tip for BDO (and some other interviews)- try to look decent because they take your photo to help them remember who's who!... I remember at BDO I was like *zzzzz* when they took my photo ><

aileenli

HSC
seremify007 said:
You'd be wise to not wear school uniform!

Btw I think it's pretty hard to be grouped with ppl from your school because they organise you into groups beforehand for most of these things... interestingly enough, my best mate ended up in my group interview for PwC- and he was sitting next to me which made us very agreeable in convincing the rest of our 4-person table to do what we wanted!

Oh and one more thing as a tip for BDO (and some other interviews)- try to look decent because they take your photo to help them remember who's who!... I remember at BDO I was like *zzzzz* when they took my photo ><
i guess if u have a really fancy school uniform it wud be good....argh! i hate my school uniform, makes me look like a tree. and now i have take two pairs of shoes :burn:

hey seremify007, do u think that most of the firms have sent their interview rounds by now?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Haha some schools had really impressive looking uniforms- and then there are those who have all their achievements/involvements listed on their blazers... I personally chose to wear school blazer only to information sessions, but for big firms and interviews, I wore a suit.

As for firm interview offers.. doubt it. Most will start doing them within the first week or two after they are due- particularly the larger firms. Smaller firms will start doing it much later- don't be surprised if you get phone calls during your school holidays before the HSC asking if you already have accepted an offer or not. From memory with mine, I had most of my interviews in the last two weeks of term2. Some of the mid-tier firms have their interviews in the first week of the holidays.

aileenli

HSC
seremify007 said:
Haha some schools had really impressive looking uniforms- and then there are those who have all their achievements/involvements listed on their blazers... I personally chose to wear school blazer only to information sessions, but for big firms and interviews, I wore a suit.

As for firm interview offers.. doubt it. Most will start doing them within the first week or two after they are due- particularly the larger firms. Smaller firms will start doing it much later- don't be surprised if you get phone calls during your school holidays before the HSC asking if you already have accepted an offer or not. From memory with mine, I had most of my interviews in the last two weeks of term2. Some of the mid-tier firms have their interviews in the first week of the holidays.
wow ur school had a blazer...impressive...if i wore my school unif, i wud blend in wif the trees in d park

phew...i thought that most firms were as quick as BDO and was feeling kinda rejected

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Alot of schools have blazers... they just aren't worn by many of the students- in particular, govt. schools like mine :)

What school you at?

And don't feel rejected. I mean, I got rejected from heaps of firms (well technically- they never called/sent me a letter/etc... so I question whether those online submissions are reliable), but at the end of the day, I still got a job at the firm which I like. Good luck in your interviews! Please post on BoS what happens because group interviews tend to be really interesting IMO.

Cheers!
ps. What school are you at (if you don't mind me asking).

Vagabond

Machine
HSC
seremify007 said:
Alot of schools have blazers... they just aren't worn by many of the students- in particular, govt. schools like mine :)

What school you at?

And don't feel rejected. I mean, I got rejected from heaps of firms (well technically- they never called/sent me a letter/etc... so I question whether those online submissions are reliable), but at the end of the day, I still got a job at the firm which I like. Good luck in your interviews! Please post on BoS what happens because group interviews tend to be really interesting IMO.

Cheers!
ps. What school are you at (if you don't mind me asking).
What firm did you end up with out of curiosity? :p
Oh.. and how many people went to BDO? At first I was hoping it'd only be like 2dozen but now I'm getting the impression that its closer to 100. lol.

You serious about them not getting back to everyone? That's pretty mean!

I'm not entirely fond of my uniform but I'm down south at Glenfield (hurlstone) so I'll need all the train time I have... Don't think I'll have time to change!

And I only have one suit so if I wear it to the group assessment I won't have anything to wear to the final interview (if I get it)

:p

ishq

brown?
HSC
Last year, BDO had around 40 people for a first round interview - their group interview was fun!
Heaps of firms will not bother replying if they don't select you for interview - i know that several firms send rejection letters after the whole hiring/interivewing process is over. So, if you don't get a call but someone you know does, keep on the lookout for a few days only. Like KPMG for example, they sent their SMS's over a period of 2 days. I remember my friend got one like 3hours before me, and for the entire time I wouldnt' let my phone out of my sight.

EY, last year, cut down from 500 applicants to about 50 interviews and 25 offers. They are pretty hard on that first stage.

As for the suit - wear the same one! Being a guy, all you have to do is change your tie!

Good Luck :)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Vagabond said:
What firm did you end up with out of curiosity? :p
Oh.. and how many people went to BDO? At first I was hoping it'd only be like 2dozen but now I'm getting the impression that its closer to 100. lol.

You serious about them not getting back to everyone? That's pretty mean!

I'm not entirely fond of my uniform but I'm down south at Glenfield (hurlstone) so I'll need all the train time I have... Don't think I'll have time to change!

And I only have one suit so if I wear it to the group assessment I won't have anything to wear to the final interview (if I get it)

:p
Haha I was lucky that I had a friend who lived near my school- I left my suit at his place so that I could quickly get changed after school and catch direct bus to the city.

As for the rejection letters/calls... yeh, if you don't get one within a few days after everyone else does- don't hold out too long for it. That being said, ironically enough, everyone got their PwC phone calls right after apps were due... I was feeling really down because the information evening was on the Thursday night a week after. I think I must've been one of the last people called- can't remember when I got called but I think it was Tuesday just before Lunch. So, don't give up if you don't get called straight away- I found out the guy who rang me talked heaps (asked about school, life, etc...) whereas my other friends were called by people who just said "Hi, please come to the PwC info evening".

Anyhow, I ended up accepting the offer for PwC :)

PS. What ishq says is right- as guys, we only need a single suit and can change ties/shirts as per interview... but later on, you can't survive with just one suit. What if you spill something?!

Vagabond

Machine
HSC
Hmm. Looks like I'll try to wear a suit on Tuesday then. I'll probably leave school a period early (with permission of course).

This is so exciting! I'm going to hover around my phone all week.

aileenli

HSC
ishq said:
As for the suit - wear the same one! Being a guy, all you have to do is change your tie!

Good Luck :)
argh! u guys are so lucky! i currently have 3 pairs of shoes, 2 jackets, 1 overcoat, 5 skirts and 4 shirts for interviews and stuff, not to mention accessories etc.

i found out that my school (asquith) actually does have a blazer, but i wouldnt be caught dead wearing the fugly thing, so that forces me to bunk school so i hav time to get ready. if any of u guys were at that ca evening in martin place, u might have seen me in full irish green.

so okay, let me get this clear, if i havent got any more calls for interviews yet, does this mean that i've been rejected? i really want to get into nexia court or horwath.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Vagabond said:
Hmm. Looks like I'll try to wear a suit on Tuesday then. I'll probably leave school a period early (with permission of course).

This is so exciting! I'm going to hover around my phone all week.
LOL... yes it does make you feel special leaving school a period early :p I personally left at lunch just to give myself a nice buffer of time to grab something to eat before heading out to the interview.

aileenli said:
argh! u guys are so lucky! i currently have 3 pairs of shoes, 2 jackets, 1 overcoat, 5 skirts and 4 shirts for interviews and stuff, not to mention accessories etc.
How are we lucky? Girls business attire is considerably more affordable than menswear. In the past week, I've spent a shade under $1100 (if I bought everything at RRP it would be $1800+) just buying two suits, two shirts and some socks. Take into account my three pairs of shoes totalling $240 bought on sale (again if it was RRP it would've been into the $350+ region), my modest (<10) collection of ties and silk ties (around $300 worth- not bought on sale; just bought whenever I liked the design), and also remember I already had a few shirts from before and still need to buy some more... and you can see It isn't cheap being a guy!. To make matters worse, I don't even think these count as tax deductions/expenses. Did I mention my two business belts cost a shade under $100 for both (also not on sale- are decent belts ever on sale?).

In conclusion- you're lucky you're a chick.

aileenli said:
i found out that my school (asquith) actually does have a blazer, but i wouldnt be caught dead wearing the fugly thing, so that forces me to bunk school so i hav time to get ready. if any of u guys were at that ca evening in martin place, u might have seen me in full irish green.
Hahaha... Baulko has more interesting shades of green like "army camouflage green", "puke green" and "fluro green". Don't complain. PS. I know a few ppls from Asquith :)

aileenli said:
so okay, let me get this clear, if i havent got any more calls for interviews yet, does this mean that i've been rejected? i really want to get into nexia court or horwath.
No!

Just because you haven't been called or emailed yet doesn't mean you've been rejected! Don't get overly anxious but try to keep your phone on you because they will call you there- from experience, mid-tiers tended to call in the afternoon hours after school (between 3:30pm and 6pm).

Funnily enough, Nexia Court is one of those firms which never replied to me- at all. They have a nice looking building (it's near Deloitte). As for Horwath... there's a Horwath cadet in UNSW.

aileenli

HSC
seremify007 said:
LOL...

How are we lucky? Girls business attire is considerably more affordable than menswear. In the past week, I've spent a shade under $1100 (if I bought everything at RRP it would be $1800+) just buying two suits, two shirts and some socks. Take into account my three pairs of shoes totalling $240 bought on sale (again if it was RRP it would've been into the $350+ region), my modest (<10) collection of ties and silk ties (around $300 worth- not bought on sale; just bought whenever I liked the design), and also remember I already had a few shirts from before and still need to buy some more... and you can see It isn't cheap being a guy!. To make matters worse, I don't even think these count as tax deductions/expenses. Did I mention my two business belts cost a shade under $100 for both (also not on sale- are decent belts ever on sale?).

In conclusion- you're lucky you're a chick.
heh you win. congratulation, you officially spent more money, time and effort in shopping for clothes than me. :)

just out of curiosity, coz i've never worn guy shoes before, are they comfortable? everytime i wear formal shoes, i spend a week hobbling around from the pain.
all the money u spend on ur clothes will never make up for all the pain chicks go through wen they wear those tight, high-heeled stilletoes.

Vagabond

Machine
HSC
OMG

I FOUND A MESSAGE LEFT ON MY PHONE FROM PRICEWATERHOUSECOOPERS..

On a sunday? wtf.

I'm happy. She told me to ring her back on Monday.

:)

Maybe I'll be joining you buddy!

(And btw, It was me who added you on MSN... I hope you dont mind)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)