Cadetships that aren't from PCA (1 Viewer)

ImagineDragin

HSC
Anyone know or recommend other investment banking cadetships that I can apply for currently as a y12 student for next year? I know there are a few accounting ones out there but are there any other ones similar to UBS and stuff?

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
There’s a cyber sec one I know of at Deloitte, otherwise you could apply directly through the company. This latter would be harder as some don’t offer it, or you’ll have to know someone at the company to get it done.

idkkdi

HSC
Anyone know or recommend other investment banking cadetships that I can apply for currently as a y12 student for next year? I know there are a few accounting ones out there but are there any other ones similar to UBS and stuff?
think there's a tafe jp morgan one

dav53521

HSC
lol do u know any other that work with 'slightly better' unis such as unsw or usyd?
If you want to get a work experince sort of thing at unis such as unsw then your best bet will be a co-op. Although I'll personally say that having guaranteed work experince at a slightly less prestigious uni is better than having no guaranteed work at a more prestigious uni.

Last edited:

idkkdi

HSC
lol do u know any other that work with 'slightly better' unis such as unsw or usyd?
I haven't investigated the jp morgan one too much, but I do regret not looking into it. afaik, u complete the tafe thingy while working jpm basically full time for a year? and then go to uni thereafter, and they might keep you on part time if you're good? and it would probably help a lot with getting an ib internship thereafter which is very tough

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Whilst I was a cadet (at an accounting firm) at one point in my life, you need to work out what you want to acheive by doing one... as others have pointed out, there may be better ways to get work exp during uni.

ImagineDragin

HSC
Whilst I was a cadet (at an accounting firm) at one point in my life, you need to work out what you want to acheive by doing one... as others have pointed out, there may be better ways to get work exp during uni.
what sources of experiences do you gain at an accounting firm and how is it different to what you might expect at investment banking cadetships?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
what sources of experiences do you gain at an accounting firm and how is it different to what you might expect at investment banking cadetships?
They're very different jobs and it also depends which service line you join in the accounting firm. At the end of the day it's getting experience in what the career path/role entails.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)