cadetship (1 Viewer)

nzs

HSC
hi guys I was going through the business thread and saw people talking about cadetship. I ignored it cause I thought it was about going into war. But I did some research and apparently you work full-time and go uni part time. I wanna do something business related idk exactly what I just know I want to go USYD. Is this manageable and how do I get it.Also can I do uni and cadetship full time or no. And what places do this for business related stuff, I really want a job and want to be a rich business person plz give me advice thanks.

nzs

HSC
also I dont think I wanna do banking or anything like that, more like sitting in an office and talking to people about stuff, idk man I'm clueless 😓😓 Also what atar do I need - also i hate mathpls leave me alone

Last edited:

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
hi guys I was going through the business thread and saw people talking about cadetship. I ignored it cause I thought it was about going into war. But I did some research and apparently you work full-time and go uni part time. I wanna do something business related idk exactly what I just know I want to go USYD. Is this manageable and how do I get it.Also can I do uni and cadetship full time or no. And what places do this for business related stuff, I really want a job and want to be a rich business person plz give me advice thanks.
💀 war 💀

nzs

HSC
why do u guys respond to useless stuff but not when its about education smh

dav53521

HSC
Also can I do uni and cadetship full time or no
As I don't know much about business I can't really answer any of the business related questions however, for this one I would assume it's possible although I think there will be many factors that will be in play to determine whether this is possible or not. Because if you choose to do this as it means that'll you'll have to most likely plan out your time very carefully as full time work and uni can lead to a high workload which will be very time consuming things so not planning out your time would lead to quite a lot of stress and poor performance at Uni and/or work.

So it's something you have definitely should think about, and if you think you can do it then I would say trial it in the beginning of a uni semester before census date as if you find it too much too handle then you can drop subjects to become a part-time student without penalty.

jonolad69

HSC
why do u guys respond to useless stuff but not when its about education smh
have a cry about it you’re legit in year 11 - acting like you’re gonna even have a chance of receiving the offer for a Cadetship shushhh

• Angry
Reactions: nzs

idkkdi

HSC
also I dont think I wanna do banking or anything like that, more like sitting in an office and talking to people about stuff, idk man I'm clueless 😓😓 Also what atar do I need - also i hate mathpls leave me alone
sounds like consulting but u gotta fly around a bit

nzs

HSC
As I don't know much about business I can't really answer any of the business related questions however, for this one I would assume it's possible although I think there will be many factors that will be in play to determine whether this is possible or not. Because if you choose to do this as it means that'll you'll have to most likely plan out your time very carefully as full time work and uni can lead to a high workload which will be very time consuming things so not planning out your time would lead to quite a lot of stress and poor performance at Uni and/or work.

So it's something you have definitely should think about, and if you think you can do it then I would say trial it in the beginning of a uni semester before census date as if you find it too much too handle then you can drop subjects to become a part-time student without penalty.
thanks broski, dw i did some stalking on linkedin and a lot of people are doing it full time, so if i get it i hope that works out. And I'm not doing computer science my life/work balance will be great don't worry. If not I'll be a great housewife, chef, cook wnjatevef

nzs

HSC
have a cry about it you’re legit in year 11 - acting like you’re gonna even have a chance of receiving the offer for a Cadetship shushhh
bruhhh u apply in year 12, and ngl 3 people from my school got it last year so I have high hopes. Esp with the career advisor helping out lol

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
You realise it's a full time job and you need to be committed enough to deliver on work, and balance your studies as well? It generally goes to higher performing students who can do this.

Also you might want to research more into which companies/jobs actually offer cadetships since if you haven't already decided on this, then pursuing a cadetship is a bit pointless.

nzs

HSC
You realise it's a full time job and you need to be committed enough to deliver on work, and balance your studies as well? It generally goes to higher performing students who can do this.

Also you might want to research more into which companies/jobs actually offer cadetships since if you haven't already decided on this, then pursuing a cadetship is a bit pointless.
seremify are doubting me :mad: jus watch imma message u when I make in and we making an $1000 bet. Yeah though I get what you mean by that, I’m just looking into it rn probs UBS, I just don’t know if I can keep my grades up so far I’m in the top 20 for everything except English but it is what it Is.

Sussybakaontop

HSC
seremify are doubting me :mad: jus watch imma message u when I make in and we making an $1000 bet. Yeah though I get what you mean by that, I’m just looking into it rn probs UBS, I just don’t know if I can keep my grades up so far I’m in the top 20 for everything except English but it is what it Is.
doesn’t wanna work In banking and wants a chilled office environment but wants to work at ubs. cool cool

nzs

HSC
doesn’t wanna work In banking and wants a chilled office environment but wants to work at ubs. cool cool
spot on, I think I’ll just do uts accounting cooperative scholarship instead it seems easier to get into. You think they give free food in those rich corporate companies or nah? Cause that’s a huge factor.

Sussybakaontop

HSC
spot on, I think I’ll just do uts accounting cooperative scholarship instead it seems easier to get into. You think they give free food in those rich corporate companies or nah? Cause that’s a huge factor.
idk fatty maybe go and ask them in the interview

Sussybakaontop

HSC
rude, my bmi is like 24 leave me alone. I just really dream of a job where they give me free food everyday, that’s one of my life goals.
yeah pretty much non-existent in Australia for finance etc. in tech tho Yeah

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Maybe try finding people who are current/former cadets and ask them to share their experiences, and see if it's what you actually are interested in doing.

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
I can tell you rn, they most likely will not. Also, UBS isn't the name it used to be, so I have heard. It is definitely worth it if given the opportunity, the edge it will give you is nice. Also, a lot more places offer these types of 'cadetships', you just need to know the right people - I know this first hand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)