Cadetship 2015 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

matchalolz

HSC
Received an email today from EY for the online testing, but I have had no response from other firms that I have applied at. Is this the case for anyone else?
interviews for ubs and camphin boston, rejection from HLB
at this stage idk if i should keep on spam applying on concentrate on studying

mysterymarkplz

HSC
N/A
interviews for ubs and camphin boston, rejection from HLB
at this stage idk if i should keep on spam applying on concentrate on studying
Lol yeah tell me about it, I have finals in a week and I've been spending most of my time applying and practicing for interviews ._.

Examine

same
HSC
I haven't seen you in a long time Jinks. How have you been? :)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I absolutely hated the video interview stage for applications. Its really awkward as you can't assess facial expressions or body language since there's no interviewer.
I feel that based on the descriptions of the video interview experience, it's really more of an application in video form. I think it's similar to other organisations which use this sort of technique to ask for applications and see how well one can present/communicate.

Can do this with a phone interview also - however the interviewer can usually tell!
It's extremely obvious. Especially if two people read the same script to the same lucky interviewer (i.e. me).

Jinks

HSC
I haven't seen you in a long time Jinks. How have you been? :)
I've always been stalking but thought I would come back and get more involved seeing as applications are open/opening soon!

I've been well - fairly busy with work/uni but nothing out of the ordinary. What are you up to these days?

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
I feel that based on the descriptions of the video interview experience, it's really more of an application in video form. I think it's similar to other organisations which use this sort of technique to ask for applications and see how well one can present/communicate.
$$$ cheaper

mysterymarkplz

HSC
N/A
It'll be

Online app > Video Interview > Testing > Meet & Greet > 2 on 1 Interview > Offer

Don't underestimate the Meet & Greet part!
ah yeah I forgot about the meet and greet. Hopefully I am able to barely squeeze through to then next stage. Btw is it just me or do mid-tiers place a higher preference of cadets on Year 12s over first years? I have been able to confirm with HR from RSM that that was the case, but I am not quite sure why. Could anyone explain? :eek:

Jinks

HSC
ah yeah I forgot about the meet and greet. Hopefully I am able to barely squeeze through to then next stage. Btw is it just me or do mid-tiers place a higher preference of cadets on Year 12s over first years? I have been able to confirm with HR from RSM that that was the case, but I am not quite sure why. Could anyone explain? :eek:
I know of cadets at pretty much all the firms in Melbourne, some of which received offers as year 12 students, others as first years. Although largely the cadetship program traditionally recruits from year 12.

Examine

same
HSC
I've always been stalking but thought I would come back and get more involved seeing as applications are open/opening soon!

I've been well - fairly busy with work/uni but nothing out of the ordinary. What are you up to these days?
Yeah pretty much the same (ended up getting a place at a mid tier firm).

Finals soon though :cry: :cry: :cry:

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
LOL a recruiter was nice enough to point out a spelling mistake in my resume, so that when the hiring manager sees I don't get gg'd

Glaeder

HSC
If you are unsure about the whole balancing work and uni thing then I would recommend you look into the intern program that are sometimes offered by mid tiers and big 4. You pretty much take a gap year from uni and work full time for a year at the firm, and if you do well then you get a return offer and start a level higher than fresh grads.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
I have an interview for a 12 month internship next week. Not too sure how I am going to cope, if I also want to retain my current retail job LOL; don't really wanna leave, coz its like family

Glaeder

HSC
I have an interview for a 12 month internship next week. Not too sure how I am going to cope, if I also want to retain my current retail job LOL; don't really wanna leave, coz its like family
Chances are low that you will be able to maintain both! Have to pick one over the other unfortunately!

Jinks

HSC
Don't know that this will work unless it's on the weekend, even then i'm not sure if you'll really want to work on the weekend after a full week of work.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Don't know that this will work unless it's on the weekend, even then i'm not sure if you'll really want to work on the weekend after a full week of work.
Probably work once a week/fortnight (if they don't flick me off for my doge availabilities)

Atm im thinking about maybe just taking on board one subject only if i do get in. Coz my graduation is going to be delayed anyways.

mysterymarkplz

HSC
N/A
Probably work once a week/fortnight (if they don't flick me off for my doge availabilities)

Atm im thinking about maybe just taking on board one subject only if i do get in. Coz my graduation is going to be delayed anyways.
May i ask what company your internship is with? I'm quite interested in pursuing one myself if i don't get any cadetship offers :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)