Cable versus ADSL2+? (1 Viewer)

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Seriously though back on topic guys, ADSL2+ speeds vary depending on where you live and congestion in your exchange. I am in Pyrmont and not all ISPs were willing to let me set up a connection to the exchange given how full it was (and why they have such limited capacity in a densely populated area next to the CBD is beyond me). My speeds range from 3-5Mbps downloads and 1-2Mbps uploads on my wireless. Without the wire when I tried it I think I got 5.5 or something so it's not the wireless which is slowing me down.

Anyway, this is what I get in my corporate housing apartment in NY plugged into my Airport Express.

Apparently I'm getting upgraded this week so fingers crossed for an even better result. So far it's been great for uploading photos and videos to send back home!

EDIT: Thought I'd try running it by plugging into the wall rather than my Airport Express.
me gusta.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
You either move close to an exchange or change access method. In pyrmont though (provided the data allowances aren't an issue - but really I doubt that) Telstra's 4G should be hitting at ~30mbit.
I'm also cheap. I've tried using wireless solutions but due to the close proximity of buildings (high density area), it's actually really hard to get signal. Heck, even my N wireless router with dual antenna struggles to get a strong signal from my living room to my bedroom... in a 2 bedroom apartment. My Xbox 360 in my bedroom with wireless can't connect unless I perch it up high lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)