buying a new car (1 Viewer)

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
im thinkhing why dont you consider teh corolla/focus? Im sure you can pick one up for 18k

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
And they both have a nicer interior than an echo. Though the (superseeded) focus sedan is ugly like the echo sedan.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
corrola/focus are 1.8/2.0 L engines. the echo/fiesta are 1.3/1.5/1.6. better fuel consumption.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Depends on the driving you do, aside from which the difference in consumption will be unnoticable. Oh and there are so many other factors affecting fuel consumption that to base it on engine size is ludicrous - have a look at the consumption figures on the car.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
addymac said:
Depends on the driving you do, aside from which the difference in consumption will be unnoticable. Oh and there are so many other factors affecting fuel consumption that to base it on engine size is ludicrous - have a look at the consumption figures on the car.
i did mate:

echo 1.3 - 6.4
echo 1.5 - 6.7
accent 1.6 - 8.7
fiesta 1.6 - 7.5
mazda 2 1.5 - 7.0
pulsar st 1.8 - 8.1

edit: per 100km

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Ok I'll use your figures just quickly:

The accent and the fiesta are both 1.6L cars however the accent gets 8.7l/100km where as the fiesta gets 7.5L/100km. A difference of 1.3L in what you would have us believe are cars that should use the same ammount of fuel. To add to this the 1.8L pulsar actually uses less fuel than the accent.

Thanks for proving my point - mate.

oh2sxc

HSC
SlipStream said:
For a car good on petrol, heaps fun to drive, reliable and looks nice, look for a Mazda MX5.

Edit: Ohh, you're after a new car. Well you won't get anything special for $18k. However, if I had $18k to spend on a new/near-new car I'd get a Ford Fiesta.

hahaha mate, clearly not in the right frame of mind, a guy driving an mx5 is clearly going to look like a bender and they r unreliable as shite and don't go hard at all. For 18k there are loads of options from skylines to wrx's to mx6's to charades.

are you looking to buy a car and do it up or buy a hot car from the start or what?

oh2sxc

HSC
meh get one of those cars that runs on water...... you pussy hehe

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
oh2sxc said:
hahaha mate, clearly not in the right frame of mind, a guy driving an mx5 is clearly going to look like a bender and they r unreliable as shite and don't go hard at all. For 18k there are loads of options from skylines to wrx's to mx6's to charades.

are you looking to buy a car and do it up or buy a hot car from the start or what?
I'm sure if you actually read the first post properly you would realise your post is stupid. He wants a fuel efficient car and your suggesting skylines and wrx's? good on ya mate.

7th Sign

HSC
oh2sxc said:

skylines are shit mate for p platers their a total bitch to insure like 5 k a year seeing red rum is already having props with insurance then its not a positive aswell would be alot more :D

rexies are also shit for p plater as in very high insurance.....

charades are ok but i dont really like them

and gen2 mx6s are good but in red rums case I would not reccomed one as the insurance would be a bitch, for me its like 1.2k per year...

my advice if your just looking for a daily driver look at something thats good on fuel and something that dosnt look like shit, maby look at 2000ish civics, good on fuel and ok on looks..... civics are good on insurance aswell mate my cousin has one and its like 50% cheaper then me...

my advice get a 2000+ model civic...

oh2sxc

HSC
most cars nowdays can be fuel efficient if they contain an engine under 2L. A WRX standard is a 2L turbo.. if driven correctly can be fuel efficient quite easily. Meh get what you want but for 18K you could get something thats fuel efficient and goes great.

funniboi

HSC
oh2sxc said:
most cars nowdays can be fuel efficient if they contain an engine under 2L. A WRX standard is a 2L turbo.. if driven correctly can be fuel efficient quite easily. Meh get what you want but for 18K you could get something thats fuel efficient and goes great.

"granny shifting not double clutching"

oh2sxc

HSC
funniboi said:
"granny shifting not double clutching"
exactly.. depending on how you drive and where u drive.. fuel efficiency can be either your friend or your hater

SlipStream

HSC
oh2sxc said:
hahaha mate, clearly not in the right frame of mind, a guy driving an mx5 is clearly going to look like a bender and they r unreliable as shite and don't go hard at all.
Jeez! Obviously never driven an MX5 before. :p If car A is funner to drive than car B, and car A is a second slower than car B, what car are you going to want to drive? Applying titles to this scenario, car A being an MX5 and car B being an EL XR8. I'd rather drive the MX5 if it is funner than a XR8, despite being slower. Same applies to the AE86 Sprinter - much more fun to drive than, say, a V8 Soarer - despite being heaps slower.

BeastieBoy

HSC
i would be drooling if i had 18k for a car and i sure as hell wouldn't go near anything new. personally i'd get a TH 3.5L manual magna, lower it, sensible exhaust and intake and i'd have a perfect cruiser. spacy, yet economical. but thats just me...

are you going to use the car as a commuter? if you drive the average amount every year (17,000kms) then every 1L/100km difference will cost you about 200 bucks a year. if you drive less then that i'd recommend getting a mid-size car.

CieL

HSC
funniboi said:
if you want to save the most on petrol, i recommend gettin a manual car :)
depends on what he's licenced to drive..

if he did his red Ps on auto then he wont be licenced to drive a manual car.. etc..

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
CieL said:
depends on what he's licenced to drive..

if he did his red Ps on auto then he wont be licenced to drive a manual car.. etc..
Uhm seing as his HSC was in 2003, i'm guessing he's a little older than 18, putting him on green p's, thus enabling him to drive auto or manual.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)