buying a new car (1 Viewer)

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
i crashed my little accent a couple of weeks back. got news today that it is going to be a write-off. :eek:

what would be recommended for something about 18K. (give or take a 2K for on-roads) i had a look in open road for new car prices, but i want 'street' opinions.

i think i am looking at a brand new car. like i said, my last car was an accent, so i am not looking for a beast, but would like a nice lookin car. petrol consumption is also important.

where can i find good deals? i dont have my heart absolutely set on a new car. demo's are good, but it can be a bitch to look for.

i know i gotta buy one at the end of the month, dealerships look to make the deals at that time, any more hints?

any sort of input/websites appreciated.

SlipStream

HSC
For a car good on petrol, heaps fun to drive, reliable and looks nice, look for a Mazda MX5.

Edit: Ohh, you're after a new car. Well you won't get anything special for $18k. However, if I had $18k to spend on a new/near-new car I'd get a Ford Fiesta.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
thanks slipstream. also i am looking for an automatic.

what about the new suzuki swifts?

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
S13WPN said:
How did you crash it?
didnt give way at right turn, and got hit by the car coming thru. my passenger side made contact with the front left of the other car.

i was at fault, luckily i was insured. noone got hurt. it is lucky, even though it was just me in the car, i had dropped my sister off at a friend's place and she was sitting in the passenger seat. the other car had a full family in it, but they had a camry, and the front left of the car took the damage.

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
I wouldn't go a suzuki swift.

Try www.carsales.com.au and bring up a new search, simply enter the specifications you want for your price range and have a look through the results, just to get an idea whats out there.
Heres a few in your price range. http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.new_results?current_rec=21&sort_type=&total_rec=27&price_min=15000&price_max=20000&cs_trans_id=1

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
And heres a whole crapload of used cars in your price range. Just incase you see something you like.

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.private_results?price_min=15000&price_max=20000&category_id=3&search_type=21&make_id=&model_id=&keyword=&state_id=-1&selected_region=0&search_postcode=&search_distance=250&rego_vehicle_id=&cs_body_id=&drive_id=&km_min=&km_max=&year_min=&year_max=&door_num=&cs_trans_id=1&cylinder_num=&engine_low=&engine_high=

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
How about a porsche?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Porcshe-928s...4580107898QQcategoryZ2030QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Buy now price of $14K and that includes delivery.

I think it's insane to limit yourself to new cars when there are so many great bargains used.

For that money given your requirements(/desire for an excel like car) I'd recommend a new ford fiesta, 2nd hand ford focus, ford laser, vw golf about 3-5 years old.

7th Sign

HSC
addymac said:

hahah i wouldnt buy of that seller

i purchased 2 items of them and they took like 40 days to get to my house sydney to sydney their like shifty lebos or something.....I was like how much to pick up the two small items their like pick up fee is $15 im like ahhh rip off.....

any ways back on topic,

mate if your looking for a good newish car dont mess around with car sales, get out to the government auctions mate some real great ex govt cars some little some big what ever your looking for at mad prices!

try http://www.pickles.com.au/ auctions my cousin recently purchased a car their and he got a crazy deal for like 18k he got a car that was worth like 35k at car yards..

ex gov cars are great low ks, like 5000km on the clock and most liek 1 or 2 years old mate...

give that a shot...

or give ebay a shot always some real good deals for cars on that yet wotch it mate you will be alot safer buying from ex govt auctions but sellers on ebay for cars are shifty as, well most are...

good luck

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Yeah, don't limit yourself to new cars, your better off with a used car with low kms.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
yeah i am not limiting myself, but it does seem likely we will get a new car (it is a family decision, not entirely up to me. if it was, i'd buy a $500 bomb).

insurance is massively bad because we made the claim. the premium has tripled? is that really the case, or have i made a mistake in the quote system. :(:(

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
go for a corolla or something if its just for yourself...or you can get a secodn hand lexus or bmw or something :p

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
nah not corrola's.

i am thinking either the echo sedan or fiesta.

mate, i'd love to get a 2nd hand beamer.

funniboi

HSC
redruM said:
insurance is massively bad because we made the claim. the premium has tripled? is that really the case, or have i made a mistake in the quote system. :(:(

thats really the case mate, no mistake. :)

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
The parents probably like something nice and 'sensible' which sucks....

SlipStream

HSC
addymac said:
The parents probably like something nice and 'sensible' which sucks....
lol, my dad is like a big marshmellow when it comes to buying cars. When we lived out in the bush, he was going to get a Territory but I talked him into a new WRX. :cool: Then once he wanted a VU SS ute, but I managed to talk him into a T3 TE50. God I miss that car. His weak point is the line "you only live once".

HSC
redruM said:
nah not corrola's.

i am thinking either the echo sedan or fiesta.

mate, i'd love to get a 2nd hand beamer.
the echo sedans look fugly in my opinion..it's either the hatch or none with echos

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
redruM said:
i completely disagree. i hate the hatchback. i think i am going to lean towards fiesta. because i have been in the echo, and i dont like the cockpit.
Yeah my parents drive the Echo Sedan, terrible interior, its all very plastic and I'm not a fan of looking to my left at the electronic speedo.

I wouldnt mind a 1986 bmw 3 series :D

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
ToO LaZy ^* said:
the echo sedans look fugly in my opinion..it's either the hatch or none with echos
i completely disagree. i hate the hatchback. i think i am going to lean towards fiesta. because i have been in the echo, and i dont like the cockpit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)