Business Studies (1 Viewer)

Lemonlime

HSC
I was always average in business studies, but it started off better when the subject was fresh to me aka Prelims. I just don't really understand how to aproach and answer questions in my assessments or stuff we get in class, let alone how clueless i would be in the hsc. and there's so much to learn. sometimes i think, is business studies like english? like, is there always a definite answer for everything or are they a bit more broad and not as distinct?

Examine

same
HSC
Really? I always thought extended responses and short answers were black and white, unless it was a scenario which required a bit of thinking.

Examine

same
HSC
Though I can relate to you, since I was average in Year 11. I guess it comes down to knuckling down the concepts. To do well though, you need to be able to be able to do a bit of bullshitting on the spot (in extended responses).

Last edited:

yoyoyoshi

HSC
N/A
Lot's on content, I can relate. Imo, just a matter of understanding and showing that you do : )
I've been trying to improve my approach towards answering questions aswell, my tendency is overwriting/repeating.

I agree with Examine, it's pretty black and white. You'll know the answers and that's what they want, but they also want to know you understand and in some cases can further explain. As for a senario, it'll require some thinking but if you know the content and apply that to the senario, it should be a piece of cake. Mmm cake ♥ I let my mind/tummy take over my fingers.

Last edited:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Lemonlime, I think I responded in one of your other threads but in short you just gotta rote learn the syllabus dot points and think of examples. One thing I realised was I found the transition from year 11 to 12 quite tough and my marks actually fell in this subject- I didn't end up doing as well as I could have in the end but still appreciate the value of the content I learnt.

Funnily enough right up through uni and even in CA a lot of the concepts were still being examined (albeit in more depth)- eg financial ratios and covenants, funding sources, various forms of business analysis such as Swot and Porter, accounting, expansion strategies, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)