Business Studies - Quantas or Maccas for case study? (1 Viewer)

Sapling

HSC
Hi guys, which case study for business is better for the finance topic? Quantas or McDonalds?

Sapling

HSC
To me, it had more strategies and information that nailed the syllabus, for example:

• Qantas uses fuel hedging/conservation (by launching an application to improve fuel optimisation), fleet restructuring (new planes that are cheaper to run), outsourcing, and seperates its business into segments (or cost centres) as cost controls
  • It also has implemented fuel surcharges (in response to rapid increase in fuel prices), improved marketing strategies (eg self-service kiosks, next generation check in) and has increased revenue from other services such as travel, catering and freight, which are examples of revenue controls

As for MacDonald's I'm unsure but it'll still work probably
thank you!!!! I do agree as well

Sapling

HSC
To me, it had more strategies and information that nailed the syllabus, for example:

• Qantas uses fuel hedging/conservation (by launching an application to improve fuel optimisation), fleet restructuring (new planes that are cheaper to run), outsourcing, and separation of its business into segments (or cost centres) as cost controls
  • It also has implemented fuel surcharges (in response to rapid increase in fuel prices), improved marketing strategies (eg self-service kiosks, next generation check in) and has increased revenue from other services such as travel, catering and freight, which are examples of revenue controls

As for MacDonald's I'm unsure but it'll still work probably
Hi sorry to bother again but do you have any sample questions that are dealing with the case study that is perhaps 6 marks?

Sapling

HSC
No worries, I've looked through around twenty papers and this is what I could find:

1. With reference to a case study or studies, assess the impact of financial management on business performance (6 mks)

2. Analyse the use of ONE working capital management strategy in a specific business you have studied (6 mks)

3. With reference to a case study or studies, evaluate the relationship between financial management and business performance (6 mks)

4. With reference to a business you have studied, analyse the role of financial management in achieving business success (6 mks)

5. With reference to a business you have studied, assess the role of financial management in achieving a competitive advantage (6 mks)

6. With reference to a business you have studied, analyse the use of profitability strategies in achieving a competitive advantage (6 mks)

Hope that helps :)
Thank you!!!!!!

Sapling

HSC
No worries, I've looked through around twenty papers and this is what I could find:

1. With reference to a case study or studies, assess the impact of financial management on business performance (6 mks)

2. Analyse the use of ONE working capital management strategy in a specific business you have studied (6 mks)

3. With reference to a case study or studies, evaluate the relationship between financial management and business performance (6 mks)

4. With reference to a business you have studied, analyse the role of financial management in achieving business success (6 mks)

5. With reference to a business you have studied, assess the role of financial management in achieving a competitive advantage (6 mks)

6. With reference to a business you have studied, analyse the use of profitability strategies in achieving a competitive advantage (6 mks)

Hope that helps :)
I can’t believed I actually did that thank you sooo much I really appreciate it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)