• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Building relationship in access 2003 (1 Viewer)

Trent566

HSC
N/A
Hey, i need to know how to create a relationship in access 2003 but it wont let me create a "one-to-many" relationship, im trying to build a relationship between 2 (hopefully more) tables but the relationship does not appear on one of the tables...

and the data i typed on one of the tables doesnt appear on the other table.

I will appreciate it if anyone can help me ASAP as i have a massive assignment due in 2 days, thanks in advance... :)

Last edited:

!! CaR`JiE !!

cäяяoт ^^'
HSC
isn't there an icon for u to build relationship between the two table from the toolbar somewhere, then there's these drop down menu bar for u to choose which tables to use, and u link them.. *shrugs* .. i have difficult explaining it in words, much easier if i show u ;)
is this for IPT? =D

Trent566

HSC
N/A
nah, its for tafe actually... i know the basics of how to draw one line to the other table in the relationships window... i just cant get much further, it doesnt seem to work as it is meant to.

JimmyK

Narrabeen, Sydney/Maitland, Hunter Valley
HSC
do the things your trying to join have the same data type?? - that will often help! I'm not to familular with access 2003.. only with 2000 and 2002.
Perhaps you could give us some more info on what kinds of data your trying to create the relationship between and stuff like that.. then I can try and replicate it and see if i can help you further! :)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
also have u made sure that the tables that u are going to link both have the field u are trying to link...and that the fields have exactly the same spelling and data type - field length etc

jonathan109

HSC
N/A
Under Relationships in Tools menu, you select the tables you would like to link.

Having the appropriate primary key in one table and the foreign key in the other table, drag from the primary key to the foreign key list item.

A dialog would appear, tick enforce referential integrity.

That's how you make a One-To-Many relationship.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)