Breaking up just before both of our formals… (1 Viewer)

heshiyun

HSC
Hello Everyone :)

BEFORE WE BEGIN…

This is not my real account. As my teachers stalk students on this site, and my girlfriend often comes here to get help with school work; I have created this pseudo-account which gives me the freedom to post comments and ask questions in total anonymity!

Why the username ‘heshiyun’? cause it’s the first thing that sprang to mind, I was replying to an email heshiyun sent me…she’s 16 and I have no doubt try and register here one day…she’ll try ‘heshiyun’ only to find that the username has been taken…by me…lolorz lolorz loloz…I can be so mean…

Also…ALL COMMENT’S ARE WELCOME

Well, actually that’s a lie…if you want to talk about pokemon, or gameboy, or stazi (anything gay etc etc, HaHaHa I’m joking stas…pokemon is not gay), then you are posting in the wrong place!!

THE STORY SO FAR…

We’re both excellent, fun, smart and brilliant individuals, well on our way to success, who met each other by chance...became the very best of friends…fell madly/deeply/truly in love…and decided to commit to a bf/gf relationship.

We have been going out for quite some time. Things are going great, there’s nothing wrong with our relationship at all. She likes my friends, my friends like her…ditto for her friends and I…(our parents are another issue)…we’re a perfect couple, we like the same things…we get along great etc

But I’m going to break up with her

She will not see this coming.

This will (very very very unfortunately) hurt her. very much. and very deeply.

I am a complete arsehole (I know).

I am a guy afterall =(

(Oh btw…if any of this sounds familiar to you…you’re reading this and thinking; ‘hm, I know someone in that very same situation…he was telling me about it the other day…wait, it’s the SAME situation…this sounds awfully familiar...LOL IT’S ------! HaHaHa…he’s posting this on BOS? I’m going to send ----- the link…she needs to know…’.

Firstly, if you already know who I am, just txt me…don’t post my name asking if it’s me =_=”.

Secondly…I am posting this here because… so far - all the advice I’ve gotten on the matter has been hopeless…like really…really…bad. So I’m not taking anymore advice from people I know….hopefully I can get the meaningful/thoughtful advice of those who have been in my situation…don’t know me…have something to contribute to the discussion etc.

Finally, (warning, women please skip the preceding paragraph and proceed to the paragraph marked “(X.)”…as the following lines contain EXPLICIT language…),

If you ruin this for me by putting my name up…I WILL FUCKING NEVER FORGIVE YOU.

(X.) girls, welcome back! don’t worry…you didn’t miss anything important, I was just telling the guys how great footy is, how awesome cars are, how hot Jessica Alba is etc …basic, BORING, stupid guy talk…Girls! I’m posting what I have to say here because I need YOUR opinion. I’ve talked to a lot of my guy friends about this…but, well, I really NEED to hear a girls perspective on things…guys; feel free to read on, but I just can’t say hat I expect a whole lot from you…if you feel like there’s no reason to read on for you guys…you think relationship stuff is boring etc etc etc….I joke about my penis size later on…so read on…READ ON… (happy)

THE PLOT THICKENS…

She won’t see it coming. That’s what really kills me the most…

The fact that, well, in most relationships…there are signs that the end is nigh. Holes in the relationships start to emerge. Fights (over the small things) become more common. You try to avoid her/him, or they try to avoid you etc. You stop/avoid having (even though we have not had) sex. And, well –although sad, in those situations, a break up was on the horizon, the end…often brings with it…a great deal of relief for both parties involved.

BUT, that relief may stem from the fact that the couple were not right for each other, their relationship was not set on a good foundation of friendship, trust and love etc…that even at the beginning of the relationship, one of them would have known that they wouldn’t have been together forever (which could be for a number of reasons…i.e. getting into a relationship on the rebound, because your friends thought you two would be the perfect couple, lust, compassion etc)…

My relationship with her is different though. We have a good foundation based on love and friendship, the kinda stuff that pushes a couple to get married, have children etc.

We talk to each other a lot. She knows when something’s on my mind, she’s really good at that, but I have kept I feel to myself…passing it off as stress due to HSC, sport etc. I am honest with her for 99% of anything and everything, I do not lie to her, but this…my concerns…well, they’re just things that I feel I can’t talk to her about. She’s not going to snap at me or anything…but I just – for various reasons- cannot talk to her about it (guys…this has nothing to do with my penis size =_=”. I gave this to a friend to proof read and he immediately thought ‘performance’ X_X. my friends are great…but they are so very thick).

There is no great reason why we should break up, but (as selfish and stupid as it may sound), I have made the decision to end our relationship as bf/gf. But that is not to say that I would like to end our relationship. I hope we remain good friends, after all, we have been through so much together, no one knows more about me than her (and vice versa).

So now you know my story, our story, the story so far.

It’s a question of timing now.

Timing, how, when and where.

Timing:

I have my formal. She has hers. Both are close together; a week apart. The formals are a couple of months away. She has already bought the tickets. So have I. She bought her dress recently. Before then we have HSC to worry about, in those busy exam weeks; I don’t expect to see her very often (we’ll be very busy studying).

How:

How do you break up with someone you still love? Is the easiest way to lie, and say I don’t love her? As what would be worse…thinking that I don’t love you and trying to move on…or knowing that I still love you and hoping I will come back for you…do you want me to talk to you in the days following the break up…or do you need time to think it out? All the friends I’ve made through you…how will they treat me knowing what I did…I can imagine that they’ll want to show their allegiance to her, by limiting the time they have for me…

When:

I just have nooooooooo idea when I should do it. Should I do it now, so she has a long time to reorganise for the formal…but she has exams coming up…she’ll be so broken and distraught…I really think it will have a negative effect on her studying…

I could do it after exams and just before the formal. But it would be so awkward at the formal. She might get angry…or be in tears…or…?

I could break up with her after the formal. But that would mean that I would be pretty distant from her all night. She would pick up on it…she wouldn’t have any fun. I wouldn’t either.

Where:

I want to do it close to her house…so I can take her home afterwards…or if she doesn’t want me to, at least she’ll be home fast, no one will see her crying…she can get home and on the phone to friends straight away etc. But we often go out near her place…all the private spots we could talk are filled with happy memories…I don’t want to spoil that.

SO THERE YOU GO…

My year, love life, thoughts, situation and experiences…

Hopefully I’ve equipped you with enough information to do whatever…hopefully I’ve told you enough to bring you to this conclusion: “heshiyun is a complete and utter aresehole, this is why I hate men!!

Thank you soooo much for reading all that! And even if you skim read, thanks again and thank you so much!

If you’re at this line and wondering…what the hell was that about…what does he want from me…? What is he asking???

Well a few things actually…

1. When is the best time to break up with someone…after a fun day full of activities, doing stuff you love, having fun etc. Or totally out of the blue, “we need to talk…can you meet me at …”

2. would you be pissed, understanding or upset if this was our relationship atm, and I‘d just broke up with you?

3. Should I hint at it…just begin to fight over things I don’t even care about…so that she might at least see the end coming…or in the hope that when the break up does come…it’s a little easier to take…I don’t know, fake arguments, ignore her etc (sad)

4. Will her friends start to ignore me…I’m not talking about the friends we’ve made together, that I talk to often etc…I mean the friends I’ve made, that happen to be her close friends :S

5. Should I let her know that I still love her (even though I’m breaking up with her…) ? Or is that the complete opposite from what she want’s to hear at breakup…

6. From personal exp, can two people who were best friends, but pretty ordinary lovers, return to best friendship?

Thnx!

Heshiyun

P.S.

Please don’t reply with something along the lines of “just stick together…come on come on, just stick together…” Firstly, if you know what songs that’s from, I HATE YOU, YOU HAVE THE WORST TASTE IN MUSIC. Secondly…I’ve already made up my mind…we need to break up…we may be together again later down the track, but atm I just need to be single…

If you have no advice to give, feel free to call me a dickhead…explain that I’m the reason girls feel like they can’t trust guys…if you were my girlfriends big/bad/wolf cousin, you’d kick my ass for doing this to her…etc etc etc

All comments welcome.

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
This happened to my bf and his ex. They still went to the formal together, but it was kinda awkward. Just avoid her as much as you can when you get there, talk to other people etc.

I still don't get why you're breaking up with her. Not hot enough? Wanna f#$@ some sluts at schoolies?

Good luck :)

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
Nice synopsis will definently pick it up when it comes out in dymocks? what's the release date for this novel?

oh yeah and ROFL @ 'Finally, (warning, women please skip the preceding paragraph and proceed to the paragraph marked “(X.)”…as the following lines contain EXPLICIT language…),'

this is going to be a good novel.

oh yeah and tl; dr.

heshiyun

HSC
Yes, it is long...and I had a feeling that people wouldn't want to read the whole thing...BUT there's a reason it's so darn long: I would rather people were in an informed position when posting advice/replies/abuse etc...so yes, the detail is there for those who genuinely want to help...can give some good advice...etc

For the rest of you...you can skim through it if you like...I’ve highlighted the main points…

For those of you too lazy to scroll back up here’s the post summarized:

* I am going to break up with my girlfriend. We have a fantastic relationship, the kinda realationship that drives two people to get married/sttel down/have kids.

* Nothing is wrong. This is completely out of the blue. She will be hurt. This will cut very deeply. But it’s something that I just have to do.

* When is the best time to break up with someone…after a fun day full of activities, doing stuff you love, having fun etc. Or totally out of the blue, “we need to talk…can you meet me at …”

* Would you be pissed, understanding or upset if this was our relationship atm, and I‘d just broke up with you?

* Should I hint at it…just begin to fight over things I don’t even care about…so that she might at least see the end coming…or in the hope that when the break up does come…it’s a little easier to take…I don’t know, fake arguments, ignore her etc (sad)

* Will her friends start to ignore me…I’m not talking about the friends we’ve made together, that I talk to often etc…I mean the friends I’ve made, that happen to be her close friends :S

* From personal exp, can two people who were best friends, but pretty ordinary lovers, return to best friendship?

Heshiyun

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
Nice synopsis will definently pick it up when it comes out in dymocks? what's the release date for this novel?

oh yeah and ROFL @ 'Finally, (warning, women please skip the preceding paragraph and proceed to the paragraph marked “(X.)”…as the following lines contain EXPLICIT language…),'

oh yeah and tl; dr.
Sweet analysis Chris, I too pulled a tl;dr on this one.

To the OP:

TISSUE?

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
heshiyun said:
Yes, it is long...and I had a feeling that people wouldn't want to read the whole thing...BUT there's a reason it's so darn long: I would rather people were in an informed position when posting advice/replies/abuse etc...so yes, the detail is there for those who genuinely want to help...can give some good advice...etc

For the rest of you...you can skim through it if you like...I’ve highlighted the main points…

For those of you too lazy to scroll back up here’s the post summarized:

* I am going to break up with my girlfriend. We have a fantastic relationship, the kinda realationship that drives two people to get married/sttel down/have kids.

* Nothing is wrong. This is completely out of the blue. She will be hurt. This will cut very deeply. But it’s something that I just have to do.

* When is the best time to break up with someone…after a fun day full of activities, doing stuff you love, having fun etc. Or totally out of the blue, “we need to talk…can you meet me at …”

* Would you be pissed, understanding or upset if this was our relationship atm, and I‘d just broke up with you?

* Should I hint at it…just begin to fight over things I don’t even care about…so that she might at least see the end coming…or in the hope that when the break up does come…it’s a little easier to take…I don’t know, fake arguments, ignore her etc (sad)

* Will her friends start to ignore me…I’m not talking about the friends we’ve made together, that I talk to often etc…I mean the friends I’ve made, that happen to be her close friends :S

* From personal exp, can two people who were best friends, but pretty ordinary lovers, return to best friendship?

Heshiyun

tl; dr

oh but last question, depends on the people. If you both keep an open mind and place the good over the bad then eventually. just give it alot of time.

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
hiphophooray123 said:
- he wants to break up with his gf for no reason, and they are meant to go to their formals together

- How can he go about doing this?

- Can they still be friends?

T

Testpilot

hiphophooray123 said:

oh yeah and tl; dr.
I love you.

heshiyun

HSC
The_Apprentice says:
"Not hot enough? Wanna f#$@ some sluts at schoolies?"

No, sex AFTER marrige. :)

hiphophooray123 vbmenu_register("postmenu_3118363", true); says:
"Nice synopsis will definently pick it up when it comes out in dymocks? what's the release date for this novel?"

Thanx, my life will be a really good read someday...a real page turner (i'm not joking, i plan to make it big...write a book...fly to the moon and play amongst the stars...)

But this is not the synopsis for my upcoming book.

This is my life.

Heshiyun

(thanks for the comments!)

http://community.boredofstudies.org/members/the_apprentice/ vbmenu_register("postmenu_3118358", true)

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
i suggest you send your girlfriend a 5000 word essay on why it would be beneficial for you both to break up.

Pace_T

HSC
is there any particular reason why you want to break up with her?

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
I was going to create my own pseudo-account that gave me the freedom to guess who this was, but I cbf. tsup legham? yes? no? maybe? probably not actually, judging by his record i don't think he'd give a shit about his gf's feelings ololol!

If nothing is wrong, why do you need to break up? Just stick together... come on come on, just stick together....

Meh, just tell her now. If you're so adamant about breaking up with her, don't prolong it. Bite the bullet. A hug's gotta end sometime. Etc etc.

heshiyun

HSC
The_Apprentice says:
"- he wants to break up with his gf for no reason, and they are meant to go to their formals together

- How can he go about doing this?

- Can they still be friends?"

that's basically it...thank you

DeathB4Life says:
vbmenu_register("postmenu_3118384", true); "i suggest you send your girlfriend a 5000 word essay on why it would be beneficial for you both to break up."

LMAO! i'm going to write a speech. No...really.

Jachie vbmenu_register("postmenu_3118394", true); says:
"I was going to create my own pseudo-account that gave me the freedom to guess who this was, but I cbf. tsup legham? yes? no? maybe? probably not actually, judging by his record i don't think he'd give a shit about his gf's feelings ololol!"

No, i'm not 'legham'

I'd have to say that 'the apprentice' has been the most helpful BY FAR....

how sad that statement is considering that she hasn't really said much :(

Heshiyun

vbmenu_register("postmenu_3118376", true);

T

Testpilot

If you still love her why are you breaking up?

EDIT: I immediately though it was soul searcher, but now I think its some unkown asian boser with 1 or 2 posts, because they can't use the quote function.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)