BOS Stimulus Booklet 2004/05 (1 Viewer)

geniass

Just wondering, for those of you out there that are working on this now, what you made of blood on the tracks and/or journey to the interior. Also, has anyone selected any ORT's yet?

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Hey, out of curiosity, would someone be able to list what the texts of this new stimulus booklet are? I'm interested in knowing.

geniass

They are:
Text 1: The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost
Text 2: The Ivory Trail, Victor Kelleher(book cover)
Text 3: The Wind in The Willows extract
Text 4: Journey to The Interior by Margaret Atwood
Text 5: Blood on the Tracks by Renay Walker
Text 6: Journeys over Land and Sea
Text 7 : The Town Where Time Stands Still Geok-lin Lim

geniass

Yeh, and there are three areas of the Journey to choose from. Physical, Inner and Imaginative. We are doing Imaginative and will be studying the Tempest for it. We are supposed to analyse the way that the composer uses the stage to create an imaginative journey or something along those lines.

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
Stimulous booklet

So far we have looked at the Road Not taken, The Ivory Trail and the Wind in the Willows.
I dont mind the stimulious booklet. we're focusing on the physical journey so i'm not sure how to interpret some of them into that. I really like The Road Not taken but it doesn't fit in. I might hopefully be able to incorportate it.

Aussiechick

HSC
So far we've done the same as MissSavage29. I'm doing imaginative journeys though. We're not quite finished doing them yet

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
My teacher said she would get the booklet for us, but there is nothing in there that is related to what we are doing

lalaynie

Well, we got cut and are doing inner journeys... which i guess is mildly easy because its subjective mostly...
Journey to the Interior is intriguing, the woman writes like she is crazier than anyone I know, but that was her intention, shes not really crazy, happily married apparently in Canada. It's an interesting text to put in, but the comparisons she makes are pretty metaphorical. . . which entirely fit into the whole inner journey focus... there are some lines that are so interesting, a favourite "that the hills which the eyes make flat as a wall, welded together open as I move to let me through..." so many ways to interpret...
Blood on the tracks we haven't looked at alot, had a few discussions on how it correlates between fate and individual choice/outcomes, but yeh, as i said not much ont hat one yet
Wind in the Willows is another interesting one, as much as I know I'm going to hate them all by the end, I must admit BOS is trying. I can't imagine having to discuss Text 2 a and b from the Changing stimulus, it would kill me... time for a change, so its good I think, and really journeys is change, so its pretty much all the same... although Journeys has a certain sense of depth... Maybe its just a personal thing, but I think journeys can go further...
Ok, ill shut the hell up now,
xox

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
Originally posted by sarah_#1_eel
My teacher said she would get the booklet for us, but there is nothing in there that is related to what we are doing
i thought u had to use the stimulous booklet? Dont they request that u write about it?

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Originally posted by MissSavage29
i thought u had to use the stimulous booklet? Dont they request that u write about it?
I'm pretty sure you have to have the booklet. Actually, I'm more than "pretty sure", I'm a 100% certain you have to refer to the stimulus booklet!

And yes it sucks for journey big time. Especially when my school is looking at ridiculous movies, rather than starting the stimulus booklet!

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I got the booklet last period and l have looked through the first 5 texts.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Originally posted by sarah_#1_eel
I got the booklet last period and l have looked through the first 5 texts.
the first 5 texts? Wow. My school is VERY behind. Actually, my teacher is very behind. A few of the other classes have started the stimulus booklet, except just not us!

The Ivory Trail cover is quite unreasonable! Seriously, how difficult is it to analyse a book cover?! The change booklet was heaps good. Oh how I loved "The Door"!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by grk_styl
I'm pretty sure you have to have the booklet. Actually, I'm more than "pretty sure", I'm a 100% certain you have to refer to the stimulus booklet!
yes you HAVE to refer to it in the hsc

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by grk_styl
the first 5 texts? Wow. My school is VERY behind. Actually, my teacher is very behind. A few of the other classes have started the stimulus booklet, except just not us!
Well for each text we had to write a brief content, any techniques that were used and the meaning/imaginative journey behind it....l don't know if we are going to elaborate more.

~V~

Gold Member?
HSC
N/A
anyone want to swap analysis of wind in the willows?
e-mail me :D

jellybeenz

HSC
Argh! I'm finding Area of Study so difficult! We have only looked at The Road Not Taken and our teacher has basically told us that she thinks it is useless for Physical Journeys and doen't want us to use it. We had to analyse the poem and apparently I missed the meaning, anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)