BOS Showcase: 2004 Major Works (1 Viewer)

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
Ladies & Gents of the Class of '05: The BOS Anthology 2004

This is every MW that was posted in our 2004 unofficial showcase thread, for the benefit and reading/viewing pleasure of the class of 2005. I haven’t included RSs where posted separately, you can find them in the thread if u want. It might also help the 05ers if we posted our marks, so if you wouldn’t mind yours being up here please let me know on this thread or on a PM. If any more 04ers have MWs, feel free to post them up here and I’ll add them to this post.

:: dreami ::: The Legacy of Lake Bacia
~V~: Sneeze
1Time4ThePpl: Morality
cheezsandwich: The Days Go Slowly By
davey336: Save Me Jebus!
deusexmachina: The Nine Cities of Troy: A Requiem for Utopia
gemita: Seaspray
glitterfairy: Pieces of me
Glycerine: Is This a Penis Metaphor? : An Analysis of Adolescent Sexuality in Buffy the Vampire Slayer
goldendawn: Children of Time
hfis:Inquisition
jezzabelle86: Respect!
Jonnieette: Appointment 10:30
life_4rent: Internal Affairs (Part 1), Internal Affairs (Part 2), Internal Affairs (Part 3)
Llyrai: The Beast that shouted "I" at the Heart of the World
miffytoki: As you stand near the edge of a high cliff... (Part 1), As you stand near the edge of a high cliff... (Part 2)
MissSavage29: The Language of Sex
Monkey Butler: Something Broken
pitted: ...one day...
ryan011086: TRAPPED (Part 1), TRAPPED (Part 2)
Serpentia: As The Days Go
Trigger189: Travelling North
Trixie Bird: The Accent Falls A Little Differently
welshi: People Who Are Not You
whiterabbit: Strands (Part 1), Strands (Part 2)
zhongi: Electric Samurai

anti, eviltama, maybe this could be stickied? If anybody wants their MW taken out of this post PM me.

EDIT (jhakka):: This thread has been merged with the 2004 Showcase. I have also changed the links from the name of the author to the name of the author and the title of the work.

Last edited by a moderator:

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
by the way, if ur story is up here and u want to do a little synopsis of sorts, put up the title, link to the RS as well, stick up a comment, explanation, whatever u want me to put next to ur little link, let me know.

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
Inquisition

Synopsis
Orwellian science/fantasy. An imaginative reflection on the thought process of an individual struggling against a harsh society he once defended, and the concept of change. The reflection statement submitted with it describes and examines the various influences behind the chosen theme, genre and symbolism, as well as the use of language in the context of a target audience. Received a final mark of 49/50 for the 2004 HSC.

Link to the major work
Link to the reflection statement

deusexmachina

HSC
Synopsis/Reflection Statement:

The Nine Cities of Troy: A Requiem for Utopia

'Creative critique' of the Utopian ideal and genre in contemporary literary theory. A postmodernistic mix of styles/ text types - a short story with extended quasi-poetic sections, but with an essay-based, polemical focus. Here's the reflection statement (for you 2005-ers, I was told its worth as much as your major work). Missing title page as it's too large.

Llyrai

My Beast?? 48/50 !!!
HSC
Alan wants his story up!!!

Internal: 47
External: 48
Hsc: 48 (I love how they round up!)

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
<space on reserve - RS on home computer, am overseas will post up when I get back>

Pieces of Me

An over-angsty, over-typical wannabe post-modern piece that sounded like a really good idea at the time that looked at different aspects of personality and their interaction with each other. Not a complete disaster, but certainly not one worth reading. And one that is rather odd, until you meet the author. And then, all the exclaimation marks finally make sense...

However, I feel the reflection statement would be a good sort of guide for 05's if they're really stuck - note the word "guide", as it lacks style and is an obvious ode to all the essay-writing done in EE1. RS will be posted up in a few days when I get home!

External mark: 35
Internal mark: 46? Something like that, can't remember
HSC mark: 41, I think... (hazy as usual, it could have been 40)

illmatic

NaS
HSC
glitterfairy said:
<space on reserve - RS on home computer, am overseas will post up when I get back>

Pieces of Me

An over-angsty, over-typical wannabe post-modern piece that sounded like a really good idea at the time that looked at different aspects of personality and their interaction with each other. Not a complete disaster, but certainly not one worth reading. And one that is rather odd, until you meet the author. And then, all the exclaimation marks finally make sense...

However, I feel the reflection statement would be a good sort of guide for 05's if they're really stuck - note the word "guide", as it lacks style and is an obvious ode to all the essay-writing done in EE1. RS will be posted up in a few days when I get home!

External mark: 35
Internal mark: 46? Something like that, can't remember
HSC mark: 41, I think... (hazy as usual, it could have been 40)

is 41/50 what you got?

HSC
N/A
As a final mark - I think so, although when I get home I'll check for sure. I'm so blase about the HSC now... it's over..!!! hahaha. I can't recall any of my marks with complete certainty anymore... :S

illmatic

NaS
HSC
glitterfairy said:
As a final mark - I think so, although when I get home I'll check for sure. I'm so blase about the HSC now... it's over..!!! hahaha. I can't recall any of my marks with complete certainty anymore... :S
hey i PM'd you.. i need a bit of help

HSC
Hrm...

I can't upload my MW because the size limit for word documents is 97.7MB while my MW is 98.5MB...

Any ideas?

Internal: 36/50
External: 45/50

Damn my empty journal !!!

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
whiterabbit said:
I can't upload my MW because the size limit for word documents is 97.7MB while my MW is 98.5MB...

Any ideas?

Internal: 36/50
External: 45/50

Damn my empty journal !!!
No one is going to download a file thats 98 MB big anyway. Compress with winzip if youre desperate.

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
OK, mine's called "Something Broken". It's a film script.

It's a study on our tendancy to run away from that which is painful, the ways in which we do this, and the possible consequences of it. It's written with a definite narrative, but also with various stylistic interludes to mix it up a bit and appear intelligent. If I recall correctly the formatting's pretty messy cos I had to copy it into a word document.

From memory I got 48/50 external, and something like 45/50 internal. I don't remember exactly.

Last edited:

miffytoki

HSC
Ok, heres my critical response from 2004 ext 2 english. :) be nice.

i studied the gothic tradition and focused on people's fascination with horror. I looked at the change from Gothic texts right til present day comedic horror, asking the question, what is it about horror that appeals to us?

i got a 48/50 for my final mark. My reflection statement and bibliography are attached at the back of the final work. my final work was too big to post up in one go so i'll post it up in 2 separate bits. read part 1 first.

didn't attach my titlepage though cos its too big....i just used an old poster off Army of Darkness titled "Fear, Anxiety, Pain - you know you like it."

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

zhongie said:
Well, I finally relented. Here's my short story. I'd appreciate comments and feedback!
Is the name of your work supposed to mimic that of the artist Tomoyasu Hotei's new Record's name ("Electric Samurai")?

alessandra

HSC
Hey would it be cool is someone posted their website, if that can be done..
thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)