BOS Ranks - issue? (1 Viewer)

Rawf

HSC
Hey guys, so I was looking through my assessment ranks on studentsonline and I'm not sure if there's a problem with one of my ranks...
At school I came 5th in a subject and on the BOS it says I'm 3rd. However, the person who came 6th (I had a chat to them) also came 3rd on the BOS site.
Does this mean the person who came 1st is 1st, 2nd is second and 3rd+4th+5th+6th is coming 3rd? o___o is there a problem with this or something? I dunno who was ranked 7th so I didn't have the chance to ask them :(

D94

HSC
N/A
Yeah that's right. BOS takes in only whole numbers. 3rd place at your school might have gotten say 85.4, 4th might have gotten 85.3, 5th (you) may have gotten 85.2 etc., so since BOS will round those numbers, 3rd to 6th will all be on 85, hence you're all 3rd.

I wouldn't call this a problem though, you're sort of benefiting.

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
It just means that all four ranked 3rd will get the same internal mark

Rawf

HSC
Yeah that's right. BOS takes in only whole numbers. 3rd place at your school might have gotten say 85.4, 4th might have gotten 85.3, 5th (you) may have gotten 85.2 etc., so since BOS will round those numbers, 3rd to 6th will all be on 85, hence you're all 3rd.

I wouldn't call this a problem though, you're sort of benefiting.
Ohh yeah, I get what you mean :) so we all get the same scaling/weighting or whatever it's called when they distribute the marks?

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The school has sent in whole numbers not decimals. You should end up with the same moderated assessment mark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)