BOS Labs (1 Viewer)

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
yeah sounds quite interesting...they need to elaborate on it a little though.

trompettiiste

haha that was the same guy that used for VCE. It would be good to have it as a google labsy thing - but according to the site it sounds more of a like nestle big break thing - so very confusing

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
volvo88 said:
haha that was the same guy that used for VCE. It would be good to have it as a google labsy thing - but according to the site it sounds more of a like nestle big break thing - so very confusing
Yeah, I was think nestle big break as well...

HSC
playboy2njoy said:
I thought it was James Bond at first, but then I was like "ohhh its only one of the admins". :D
I don't know who it is, but i know it's not one of the admins.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
zahid said:
yeah sounds quite interesting...they need to elaborate on it a little though.
Yeah I'd like more info too
Better start thinking of ideas ;)

treelovinhippie

<this space for rent>
HSC
I think the guys behind this site are maybe looking into other ventures, but are perhaps too poor on ideas to come up with their own.

So it looks like they're getting people to submit their ideas, sounds like they will fund them (maybe a partnership with a VC somewhere?).

Just sounds like a business ideas stealing operation to me :D

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
I have official inside info from an admin that it's actually the first step in their [evil] plan to use the broad range of talents possessed by different BoS members studying various things at uni to eventually break away from Australia and form our own rogue state, with the admins as our kings.

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
I am gonna compile my resume and "this biz idea" i had for a long time...right after my HSC exams finish....then ill send it in.

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
zahid said:
I am gonna compile my resume and "this biz idea" i had for a long time...right after my HSC exams finish....then ill send it in.
Why?

I'd rather go to a bank to get capital for any business ideas than to send them off to a random email address.

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
yeah ur right dude..thing thing sounds a bit dodgy...its very random...i wanna start my biz when i hit uni though...fark you know how hard it is too find like-minded people ? Fucken hell lot of cunts my age are like "pfffft busines..dont worry about it" but i figure why not keep trying. Hopefully uni has a few more people that think a bit like i do.

treelovinhippie

<this space for rent>
HSC
zahid said:
yeah ur right dude..thing thing sounds a bit dodgy...its very random...i wanna start my biz when i hit uni though...fark you know how hard it is too find like-minded people ? Fucken hell lot of cunts my age are like "pfffft busines..dont worry about it" but i figure why not keep trying. Hopefully uni has a few more people that think a bit like i do.
I'm kind of in the same situation. However I have managed to find a friend who is also entrepreneur-minded and we'll be setting up quite a few ideas after the exams and throughout uni (even though we're currently planning to go to different unis).

What uni are you going to next year?

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
treelovinhippie said:
I'm kind of in the same situation. However I have managed to find a friend who is also entrepreneur-minded and we'll be setting up quite a few ideas after the exams and throughout uni (even though we're currently planning to go to different unis).

What uni are you going to next year?

UNSW or Wollongong

if i get 91 then ill do Comm/Law at wollongong..if i get more then who knows.

pm me ur msn if you want.

Last edited:

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
seremify007 said:
This is a bit like venture capital eh? BoS must make quite a bit from advertising revenue aye?
I'd say it actually costs them a hell of a lot more than they get from ads to keep the site online, considering the traffic they get.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Captain Gh3y said:
I'd say it actually costs them a hell of a lot more than they get from ads to keep the site online, considering the traffic they get.
It's very expensive, yes

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
lol...i ahve nearly finished typing up my proposal....just gota do my resume after the HSc, then ill send it in. It's one of 20 ideas that I have.
Edit: to the mods...do I have to write up an actual biz plan as such?

Last edited:

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Callistogenic said:
I'm interested - when do submissions close? :)
30 November 2005.

zahid said:
Edit: to the mods...do I have to write up an actual biz plan as such?
You can include as little or as much detail as you like.

BOS Labs is all about ideas and passion. You can provide evidence of those criteria through a business plan, or in any other way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)